Updated February 28, 2023
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BlueJeans Events
We use it primarily for large company wide events
- Integrates easily with Room based systems.
- Industry standard controls.
- Easy to provision.
- Contract renewal is seemingly more painful than it needs to be.
- They seem to be chasing other vendors (Zoom) with features.
- We've brought in BlueJeans people for training - it wasn't very good - had to do our own.
- Tech support was horrific when we had issues
- We don't measure ROI, but we do "publish" the number of minutes of video usage by our company - it is always eye opening as to the usage of the product.
- We use events solely for all hands type meetings (mostly pushing info to people)
The command page for the event is clumsy at best. Isn't something everyone can do - you need a person to get used to it so you can run good events
A good portion of our company is in the field, watching on phones or ipads
- Cisco Webex Meetings, ZOOM Quality Management Suite, RingCentral Meetings and gotomeeting
Webex, gotomeeting and Zoom are all about the same - we use BlueJeans over them because of the conference room integration - we have Crestron panels that connect to BlueJeans with single push of a button....this has changed over time however and Teams easily integrates now and BYOM has become quite popular.
Do you think BlueJeans Events delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlueJeans Events's feature set?
Did BlueJeans Events live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BlueJeans Events go as expected?
Would you buy BlueJeans Events again?
Works well for us because it works on any device, including room systems. People in the field and the boardroom can join in. We've been stressing that Teams is better for small groups (4 or less), and BlueJeans is better for larger groups.
BlueJeans Events Feature Ratings
Using BlueJeans Events
We have power users in IT/Marketing for pushing communication - the reminder of the company watches videos on it