One Platform for all your needs
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We have been with Ceridian Dayforce HCM since 2015. We had been using another software that did not meet the needs of our organization. We reviewed a few products and decided on Ceridian Dayforce. The program is being used by everyone at our organization. We really like having one platform for HR and Payroll.
Dayforce is a very robust system. It is easy to use from the management side to the employees portal. The product has addressed how much time management staff had to process scheduling and approving time. Our management team now spends 1/4 of the time scheduling employees. Which gives them more opportunity to spend time focusing on our members and program needs. Approving timesheets has also been done faster with different reports you can run to ensure that meal breaks and meal premiums are calculated. Staff's ability to authorize their own time makes it easier for management to approve their payroll. They can review their hours daily and address any concerns right away. Our web clock is authenticated 3 ways - employee id, fingerprint, and picture to ensure there are no discrepancies. Payroll process is simplified. Reports can be run prior to audit any discrepancies or issues to easily fix prior to committing payroll. As the system is mobile friendly, management staff can use their mobile devices if needed. I am excited to start the new onboarding software. Dayforce has given our management and administration team time to focus on the bigger picture of the organization. Spend time with members that we serve. We are now able to focus on tasks that strengthen our organization. Ceridian continues to upgrade and enhance Dayforce regularly. They try to be at the epicenter of making their product at the forefront.
- Timesheets - the ability to access individual employees' information in one screen including pay, clock in/out time, meal premium or meal breaks, notes to employees or management.
- Employee portal - the ability for employees to review their information, update certain areas, print copies of their paystubs and year-end. Approve their time and message their supervisor.
- Webclock - capability to either use a device, computer, tablet and phone to clock in/out. The ability to have multiple security to access.
- The program is created to fit the specific needs of your organization. That is a plus but can also be a barrier when speaking to others or to customer support. A few times, support has to take additional time to review our settings to answer questions.
- We have learned that when we do something, there are different areas where specific change can be done. An example was change of minimum wage. I was taught to do it in one area. Then we realized some of the employees still had the old rate. I was then informed that there was another area that I needed to change that affected a different part of payroll. This can be confusing and varies upon who you speak to with support.
- Cost is a factor for small non-profit organizations. Several additional products can be costly and the ability to add may not be feasible.
- Savings in management time in the areas of scheduling and time approval. Time now spent to interact with members.
- Cost savings on salaries - more accuracy.
- Indirect cost from being more efficient in our process allowing us to spend more time on our strategic goals.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce
- All in one - everything you need they can provide in one platform
- Easy Use - with different levels, this program is easy to maneuver.
- Time Management - puts my managers back with customers
- We have not touch even 1/2 of what they can do.
- For us being a small organization wearing multiple hats, it is taking as some time to marginalize offerings
- Alexa compatibility
- Self Service
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Third-party Reviews
The selection process was for me right on. I had a few reviews that did not give Ceridian a positive feedback but at the end we had to determine what the positive and negative were and how that made an impact to our organization. Overall the feedback help us look at the items that may have gotten a bad reveiw but did not impact our organization as that product was something we would not use or we had felt we could learn from.
The one great thing though is the connecting with other organization that had implemented the product and we had learn so much on what they did or not do. That part we use to our advantage and learn from it.