Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Webex Meetings
We use Webex Meetings across our entire organization and is our meeting standard. Webex Meetings is used for all internal and customer facing meetings and addresses the problems of having high quality, seamless meetings without the hassle. One button to push on any device gets our meeting going with the press of a button. Combined with Cisco Room Kits and other Cisco video endpoints the meeting experience is seamless so our users can focus on the meeting and not the underlying technology.
- Seamless integration with both Cisco and Microsoft Teams video endpoints.
- Easy to schedule, start and manage a meeting.
- Enterprise-grade security.
- Any video endpoint can join a Webex meeting.
- You can join a Webex meeting with any device.
- You can dial in by phone, dial by SIP URI or by clicking the green join button.
- Start a meeting on a Cisco video endpoint using Proximity - Webex Meetings will detect the endpoint automatically.
- Better performance playing videos; higher frame rates.
- Lower cost to compete with MS Teams and Zoom.
- Participant panel minimized to the right side by default instead of having to manually move it every meeting.
- Make it easier to migrate from legacy Webex sites to Control Hub.
- Webex Meetings has made it a seamless experience with meeting with customers during the pandemic.
- Some customers are moving away from Webex Meetings to MS Teams due to costs which need to be reduced to compete.
- Having face to face meetings via Webex Meetings has reduced travel costs when an in-person meeting is not necessary.
- Microsoft Teams and Zoom
Webex Meetings is the most complete meeting solution with built in enterprise grade security, ease of use and the most compatible solution available allowing any endpoint to connect to the meeting. Scheduling a Webex meeting is as easy as an Outlook meeting invite, starting the meeting requires pushing a button and managing the meeting is a breeze.
Webex Meetings has almost always been available with only a couple of outages that impacted our business. Microsoft has had many more outages and recently an outage that impacted the entire US for an extended period of time that would have not been acceptable or expected from Webex Meetings. Cisco has done a great job of keeping the Webex Meetings service up and available.
Webex Meetings with its default of 1000 users in a meeting has been adequate for 99% of meeting requirements. In the event that a user needs more than this, Cisco Events is available for up to 3000 participants for larger meetings. There have been instances where a customer needed more than this is the reason why I gave this a 9.
Our experience with Webex Meeting has been very positive from a performance perspective. Performance has improved greatly in the last couple of years and Webex Meetings loads and starts the meeting faster than ever. Cisco is updating the platform monthly and with each update performance and features improve. There is always room to improve as Webex Teams starts a meeting faster than Webex Meetings, but it is getting closer and closer with each release.
Webex Meetings is a very mature product that has been the market leader for many years and has enterprise grade security and features. Webex is the standard for the enterprise, but can be too expensive for smaller organizations that already have Microsoft licensing and using MS Teams where adding audio conferencing is only $4 per user to host a meeting. Cisco needs to figure out how to capture more business from Microsoft Teams customers.
Webex Meetings Feature Ratings
Cisco Webex Experience
The Webex Assistant has helped tremendously with real-time transcription so our team never misses anything that was said. The noise suppression has been working great by reducing background noise which makes meetings that much more seamless with fewer interruptions. One button to push and MS Teams integration makes the workflow as easy and pushing a button.
Webex Calling has been implemented for some remote users that integrates with Cisco Unified Communications manager and we have the ability to migrate to the cloud on our own terms by taking advantage of the Cisco Flex Plan for Calling and Meetings. Webex Teams is also used in the environment for messaging and calling capabilities.
Webex Meetings has enterprise security built in and eases the minds of our leadership team knowing that our meetings are secure. There are a variety of security settings within Webex Meetings that allow users to secure their meetings to meet their requirements. Seeing the participants panel, a user can see the names of all users that are connecting and can also see if anyone is dialing in and have the ability to disconnect anyone at will.