April 16, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
- Accounting & Financial Controls
- Enterprise Content Management
- FIELD: Project Management & Collaboration
Overall Satisfaction with CMiC Construction Platform
CMiC Construction Platform is used mainly by the construction team. We use it to notify the architect and ownership team to send out RFIs, submittals, and change orders. Whether this is to send directly via the platform, or using it to manage any signed documents. This helps keep all of the construction-related items scheduled so that we all know what is coming, what is outstanding, and what is in whose court.
- Potential Change Items: It helps let everyone on the team know what are the costs that pertain to specific projects.
- RFIs: It is very clear as to whether an RFI is still open, or has been returned.
- Submittals: It's able to export a submittal log directly from CMiC, and filtering by date, allowing the team to see what is outstanding and what the responsibility is of everyone to complete said tasks.
- Submittals: The submittals, when closed, remain on the taskbar. When you have over 200 submittals and cannot remove them from the desktop, it causes the overall system to take a long time to load.
- I do not deal with the ROI on overall aspects.
Anytime I have an issue with CMiC, there is always someone that responds within two days. Most of the issues are not pressing and a 2-day response is great. CMiC usually ensures that a problem has also been resolved, following up and ensuring that there are no outstanding issues or items that they can take care of.
Do you think CMiC Construction Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CMiC Construction Platform's feature set?
Did CMiC Construction Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CMiC Construction Platform go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy CMiC Construction Platform again?
I am not sure of how this has impacted the other operations as I mainly deal with construction.
CMiC lets you put the amount of projects you need within the platform. Whether this is one or eight projects. It is easy to access and as a growing small company it helps having everything in one place if need be. CMiC is also helpful in that there are reports that can be printed out for any occasion. Financial, RFIs, submittals, and any change orders can quickly be exported and presented for any meetings or tasks.
CMiC is well suited for many construction needs, being able to manage RFIs, submittals, and change orders to name a few. If a construction company needs a system to manage these items and more, CMiC can work well. It is a great system to keep everything in one place. The one thing CMiC lacks is when using it with another financial software, as the budget can get confusing since the software does not interact well and can cause issues.