Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
We use Dayforce HCM to manage our payroll, time away from work, performance management and recruitment - in other words for almost every aspect of managing human resources. It has addressed issues with information sharing between management teams, engagement with employees, and has helped save time on HR processes.
- Allows employees to see current balances for vacation time, and allows them to administer vacation requests directly within Dayforce HCM without the need of paper forms and processes.
- Reporting on trends, allowing HR to gather data for use in forecasting trends in attendance, recruitment, salaries, etc., all the data is housed in one program and easily accessible.
- The use of pay grids and categories for jobs allows ease of access to information for budgeting and for working with industry surveys.
- Support on time sensitive issues such as resolving a payroll question can sometimes be slower than preferred.
- While it accommodates salaried employees, there could be some improvements on the functionality of the timesheets and time recording for those groups who do not technically punch a time card.
- Once implementation has been completed, and staff are trained, it has returned time back to HR and leave administrators.
The speed on the return of information is excellent and allows us to quickly assess financial trends, but more importantly from an HR perspective, it has permitted real time sharing of data such as payroll, overtime, attendance, etc., that previously may have had to be given to HR in a report form the month following after the data was gathered and analyzed in various spreadsheets from the other programs.
We have a significant salary base and a few hourly workers. We have easily been able to create rules to run the Alberta Labour Standards for calculating overtime and statutory holiday pay. Once the rules are set - review of the pay is easily done.
We had a previous HCM product where we had to gather data from several sources, key in the data into the HCM product and work with updating that data constantly. There were inevitable errors. By having all information in one source the information is easily managed in real time and remains accurate. Also, when there are issues and we have to deal with support to resolve them, they see the entire string of "events" that led to an error - and they can manage it without having to liaison with other third party providers.
Obviously Dayforce HCM would work well in a manufacturing or retail setting - scheduling is outstanding in those scenarios! However, even in a professional services organization, where most staff are salaried or on a standard work shift, this product works well and is very easily customized to meet the needs of a smaller scale organization.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Evaluating Ceridian Dayforce HCM and Competitors
Yes - Ceridian Powerpay and ADP
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
The product was visually appealing and the technology was current. The interface was immediate without waiting for uploads to process.
We would have a better plan in place as to what we wanted to achieve with HRIS software so we could ask better questions of all vendors.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Implementation
Our implementation had some initial struggles, however Ceridian was quick to get involved and get us on track when we were struggling with communication between ourselves and the implementation team. If I had to do it again, I would take more time with the workbooks up front, ensure my implementation consultant understood my business needs, and then take time to really understand their "language" as well.
Yes - There were various workbooks, the initial payroll was set up first, then workforce management, then recruitment, then performance management.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - The implementation process takes more time than initially anticipated; it becomes the base from which everything is built, so spending the time is very important at that stage
- Learning the language of the program - key phrases such as "paid to schedule", "TAFW" and other acronyms were initially a confusing jungle.
- Understanding the requirements for time to be put into the program to get it set up.
Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Once trained on the basic functions the program is easy to use; as far as training the overall process is very quick as you can follow standardized videos but also the program is intuitive.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
- Requesting time away from work and getting approval for same
- Hiring new employees and setting up their HR profile and payroll information
- None! Once set up everything is very user friendly.
Yes - Very well, as an administrator I can approve leaves via my mobile app. As an employee I see my pay and I can request leaves and view balances!
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Reliability
All in one cloud solution that is reliable and current for today's technology. Fits all HR, payroll, finance needs at a cost that is sustainable.
Relationship with Ceridian
They did numerous demos to answer our questions. They provided references, and were attentive to our requests