Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
Deputy is used across the organisation to schedule rostering. We monitor wage costing and also make sure all the areas have been covered by competent employees. We also use it to onboard employees, and make sure the wage compliance is met. We found Deputy very useful to handle unexpected rostering swaps or problems.
- Wage compliance assistance.
- Shift costing.
- Shift emergency edit.
- Communication (more like a chat).
- Employees grouping.
- Shift sorting when visually checking the roster.
- Deputy decreased massively the time I spend doing payroll. It's so easy now.
- It also helped us to decrease wage cost consciously.
- It halved the time I spent making rosters.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
It fairly easy to use, but some functionality require some fiddling to get them to work.
I think Deputy does a great job where rosters are very dynamic and changes are to be made quickly. The costing functionality helps to handle employees with variable wages (not on salary) very effectively and keep wages under control. I thinking the scheduling capability will be less relevant and appreciated in a more standardized workplace with shift following same pattern and where everyone is on a salary.