DigitalPersona stands by their product and their level of support and quality of product is exceptional.
Overall Satisfaction with DigitalPersona
- Digital Persona does particularly well on fingerprint matching to authenticate users' credentials via Fingerprint against Active Directory.
- Digital Persona does well on providing active directory tools for troubleshooting problematic fingeprints.
- DigitalPresona provides intuitive wizards for enrolling, re-enrolling and un-enrolling users' fingerprints from active directory.
- Digital Persona authentication process is quite fast. It takes less than 1 second from the time one captures the fingerprint to the time the user is authenticated.
- Digital Persona does not have a granular auditing method for generating reports of active users and the last time a specific user or users were last successfully authenticated or attempted to authenticate in active directory. This functionality can provide significant value to customers, especially for customers where the number of licenses ranks in the thousands. This would allow customers to revoke a license from users who do not use their fingerprint for authentication.
- Digital Persona does not have the ability to purge stale fingerprints to free up licenses that have been assigned to users who do prefer not to use their biometric login, users who have left the company or moved on to a different department. Having the ability to purge stale users' biometrics (and licenses) can potentially save customers licensing fees.
- Digital Persona does not have the ability to run reports for stored biometrics. It could potentially prove useful to be able to run reports of say 5000 users and have a breakdown of fingerprint quality spectrum. This could potentially alleviate administration overhead by identifying stored problematic low-quality fingerprints for users.
- Digital Persona should have its own GUI Based Administration Utility to have one central point of administration including identifying which accounts have not used fingerprint login as to free up unused licenses, license reporting and type of DigitalPersona Feature used.
- For our situation, Digital Persona for processing applicants is not an option but a requirement. For the system operators DigitalPersona is also an auditing requirement and a necessity in order to automate processing of applicant transactions throughout the day.
- Digital Persona having joined forces or I should say, merged with Crossmatch has helped standardized the software engineering process for transacting applicants and authentication of operators as well as streamlined the software engineering effort required for performing fingerprint matching.
- Digital Persona has gone above and beyond in providing us customized support to allow us to tailor their software to our specific needs.
DigitalPersona initially had issues in the fingerprint quality aspect and live view functionality for capturing fingerprints. This was initially a setback when we had to use new SDKs(Drivers) for fingerprint readers we had already writing software for. Instead of DigitalPersona rewriting features and functionality already provided by Crossmatch, they started, in my opinion, from scratch and this created a delay in our software delivery process as it required hours of software engineering and testing.
Overall however, DigitalPersona's service and support at all levels, was exceptional. They stood by their product, supported us day after day and provided software engineering support every time it was requested.
- Authenticating system operators into our management stations.
- Capturing customer biometrics for customized use.
- Application Authentication
- Fingerprint Matching
Evaluating DigitalPersona and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Vendor Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
We used industry standard implementation process or our implementation, they were:
System Testing (Stress Testing)
User Acceptance Testing
Production Full Deployment
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn