Overall Satisfaction with Google Voice
Google Voice gives me a nice option for calling, messaging, and receiving voicemail from a computer with a local number. It's especially useful when travelling internationally, or when I need a local number that's not my personal number to make a call.
- Stores voicemail
- Transcribes voicemail
- Filters spam (pretty well)
- It's a little difficult to transfer/move phone numbers around accounts.
- Voicemail transcription is a nice feature, but doesn't actually always work that well in practice.
- Desktop support is not as robust as other Google apps have recently become.
- Don't have to share my personal number for business purposes
- Can make international calls easily
- Can see and manage voicemail whenever
As with most Google products, the documentation is pretty thorough and easy to follow, so not much to add here, especially since I've never had to contact support.
Do you think Google Voice delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Voice's feature set?
Did Google Voice live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Voice go as expected?
Would you buy Google Voice again?
Google Voice can help you avoid giving out your personal phone number if you don't have a business number through your job or something. It's probably not ideal (at least in the free version) to fully replace a business line, but it's good enough for what it is!