Overall Satisfaction with GoToMyPC
I am able to access important workstations by using GoToMyPC. When trouble-shooting problems it is invaluable that I can literally see the issue my staff experiences. By both being able to see the desktops/applications we cut through to dealing with the issue at hand. It saves me time, money, and the HASSLE of "envisioning" what we are discussing or meeting about. GoToMyPC creates an immediate common reality with my staff.
- Speed between computers is fast.
- Allowing login information to be saved saves me time and hassle (I'm all about that).
- I wish the PC I'm viewing's screen was larger. My laptop is 17" but using GoToMyPC cuts a narrow around the computer screen I'm viewing, and I'm constantly moving multiple windows to work and see them all.
- It's pretty spendy. Remote workers are ever more the norm, but at nearly $1000 a year per user, I don't think we can justify the time savings - particularly when Google Meeting or Zoom or Facebook meeting are available.
- I would have lost the employee (and all of our investment in her) that moved to Kansas if she didn't have the ability to use GoToMyPC.
- Being able to use printers at the office is critical to how I use GoToMyPC.
Do you think GoToMyPC delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GoToMyPC's feature set?
Did GoToMyPC live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GoToMyPC go as expected?
Would you buy GoToMyPC again?
The user has to be very comfortable with the concept of logging in and using the other desktop (and its printers). It is not as user-friendly (although I don't find it user-unfriendly) as other options - and certainly less expensive. I'd LOVE to offer it to all of my staff so they can work a modified schedule from home without missing out on the tools (printers, hard drives, files, etc.).