Overall Satisfaction with Infusionsoft
I use Infusionsoft for clients' businesses. They use it for e-commerce, email marketing and as a database for contacts.
- Segment contacts- with tagging functionality, allows for advanced segmenting of contacts.
- Organize email campaigns - can set up more complex email campaigns. Once the campaign is created, it's automated and more organized.
- Selling products - nicer interface for shopping cart than others. Allows for multiple payment options in the cart.
- Timers for web forms: Had an instance where we needed to use two different web forms depending on time of day. Since there is no timer, I have to manually swap out the form on the page. :(
- Easier implementation- Quite a learning curve for clients. There is training, but not as easier to learn as other simpler programs.
- Too many steps for certain tasks. For instance, when you're editing a template, you can't send an email from the template editing screen. You have to go back, go to contacts, search for contacts, choose an action, then select the template. Several extra steps are required.
- Haven't seen a ton of ROI for clients. To be honest, they could use other programs for similar results.
- More streamlined and cohesive, in the sense contacts, email marketing and shopping cart are in one place.
- Contacts are more organized. Can easily find customers, prospects, etc, so that would save time.
- 1ShoppingCart,Constant Contact,MailChimp,AWeber
I prefer the simplicity of the other products but Infusionsoft is nice because it's all in one.
Infusionsoft is well-suited for entrepreneurs who have outgrown the other programs. I wouldn't recommend for businesses just starting out. It's a lot of money to get started, unless they're running a special, and beginners use a small fraction of its capabilities.
Keap Feature Ratings
This is for clients. For clients with a sizable list, I do recommend Infusionsoft.