Overall Satisfaction with Intacct
As a public accounting firm, we use Intacct for numerous write-up clients as well as clients that maintain their own financial staff, but allow us to "slide-in" to assist with problems they may be encountering. As a cloud solution, it is great that we can be working with our clients in the same general ledger at the same time without having to pass files back and forth, or lock one-another out of the live file.
- One of Intacct's greatest values offered is the multiple dimensions. Whether a client has numerous related entities that they want to maintain a level of books for, or multiple locations, departments, etc. It is a great tool for scoping up or down to the various sized clients we serve.
- Being a cloud solution, it is great to be able to access Intacct from anywhere to respond to our client's questions.
- The custom report wizard is very useful. Our clients operate in various industries and a "one size fits all" approach to financial reporting doesn't always work. We are able to develop nice looking reports that deliver the information our clients want and use.
- Intacct's customer service is very unfriendly. The staff talks down to you and leaves you with a feeling like they are trying to get off the phone as quickly as possible. I have heard the same complaint from a lot of my peers and it doesn't matter who answers the phone at Intacct which leads me to believe that it is a training/tone at the top issue rather than individual personalities.
- Using Intacct, we have seen a dramatic decrease in the amount of time it takes us to complete monthly write-up assignments. The result is our team members are spending less time passing files back and forth and working more efficiently which leads to a happier client base.
- Conversations with clients about their accounting systems are faster and more efficient in that we can both be looking at the same live files at the same time.
- Xero,QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
Intacct's multi-dimensional capabilities, plus it's highly customization capabilities made it hands down the best option for most of our clients seeking an online accounting solution. They are a continuous innovator and working to improve their product while setting the bar high for the competition. QuickBooks Online is constantly playing catch-up and any savings in price does not compensate for the severe loss in functionality. While Xero is a good product for a very small and very basic company, their limited reporting capabilities and lack of dimension options really limits the user.
With the customization features offered by Intacct, we are able to scale up or down the product to fit multiple sized clients. We are not stuck in a "one-size fits all" product and can deliver to our clients a powerful solution that delivers nice looking reports, great dashboards, etc. Online accounting solutions make our team much more efficient than the alternative of passing back and forth files with clients.
- 76% to 99% of clients
Clients need to be made aware that the way they may hope to use Intacct may require additional costs...such as adding on modules for inventory or accounts payable. Smaller companies with minimal reporting requirements may not need a resource as powerful as Intacct and likewise, it is harder to justify the fees associated with monthly accounting in Intacct. Additionally, the level of accounting sophistication or ability within the client's organization is important to determine if Intacct will be too complicated for them.