Overall Satisfaction with Kudos
We are using Kudos as a way to show gratitude and recognize team members for their outstanding performance and hardwork
- It is great at helping get exposure to your team members when you recognize them publicly
- It can be used with a point system that has a monetization backing, putting your money where your mouth is
- It has a great system for managing different types of recognition such as "Thank You" and "Great Job"
- I think Kudos could use some UI enhancements as it can be a bit much info at one time
- I believe Kudos could probably do a better job guiding administrators in setting up their organization kudos page/system to maximize its appearance and layout
- Sometimes a group may be a little over the top with Kudos which can ruin its effectiveness or genuine intent
- When a group uses Kudos right, it's a great way to publicly acknowledge someone's contributions
I used to work at a company called Sparc that developed its own in-house platform called Teamphoria. It was great software that coupled a lot of the same features as workday but also with a recognition system. Essentially it allocated certain types of recognition levels per month, 1 platinum, 5 gold, 20 silvers, where each was worth a drawing ticket. At the end of the month, someone would be drawn from that pool based on their received recognition and then receive a gift card. However, some abused this system and devalued its purpose and inflated the meaning behind it. Kudos seems to do a good job by having a direct point/monetization system which isn't up for random chance. This can help even incentivize employees to go above and beyond, getting them to work harder since they are receiving recognition for it.
Kudos is well suited for large organizations they may have distributed members who don't get a lot of face time with each other. Remote or distributed environments can often suffer morale loss due to impersonal working relationships that leave you feeling alone or abandoned. Being able to show gratitude and recognition through an organizational system helps raise that morale and boosts employee outlook.