Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
I've used Marketo in a number of different organizations. In my last in-house role, we used Marketo across the nationwide marketing team - approximately 30 marketers. We brought in Marketo to replace Eloqua because of superior ease of use, and greater lead scoring and nurturing functionality. Additionally, loved the marketing contribution and pipeline insights we generated through our use of Marketo's Revenue Cycle Explorer.
- Configurability! Power users can make Marketo perform just about campaign you can think of. An interesting example of how we used Marketo: we embedded Marketo's Munchkin tracking code in our product to monitor product usage and trigger upsell campaigns.
- Complex nurturing. This has to be the #1 selling point for most organizations, and Marketo's nurturing functionality is superior to other enterprise-level MA systems (specifically Eloqua and Pardot).
- Campaign template creation. Marketers are able to use the campaign templates I've (the automation manager) created to quickly create complex campaigns.
- Revenue Cycle Explorer. It isn't the prettiest tool, but the revenue attribution and program performance metrics are powerful.
- User interface is very dated, and helps create a steep learning curve.
- The large degree of configurability is a double-edged sword; again, the learning curve is steep.
- System performance can, and will, suffer if you have a large database and poorly designed programs. In my experience the performance problems can be overcome by an efficient system, but you've got to know what you're doing.
- Product Launches
- Customer Service
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
Marketo is the hub of all our marketing, not just digital; we track even our off-line campaigns through Marketo's campaign reporting tools. Therefore, different groups of our Marketo users have different goals that are achieved and tracked through the system. Example: the product marketing team uses Marketo to monitor product usage, and then launch campaigns to drive greater engagement.