A Mindtouch review
Overall Satisfaction with MindTouch
Currently, Mindtouch is being used to consolidate multiple knowledge repositories into a single point of access. It is our goal to promote the sharing of knowledge, research, technical documentation and standards by allowing all SOM employees the ability to contribute content without restriction. Ideally, this mentality promotes greater engagement and better knowledge sharing.
Presently, we have team leaders who will be responsible for content creation, but in the future, we should have content being contributed from any level employee who is knowledgeable in the subject matter.
The Knowledge Management Group will be responsible for distribution. As they strive to find better ways to present the data and knowledge collected throughout the firm, Mindtouch has the potential to be the fundamental platform used. We envision that all SOM employees will benefit from the consumption of the content within Mindtouch.
The main business problem that Mindtouch should address is the number of disconnected knowledge repositories that currently exist. We envision Mindtouch to be a single platform, accessible anywhere, that SOM users can get access to the information they need.
- Promote and rank the quality of content. This enables authors to create better, more applicable content.
- Search. The search mechanism within Mindtouch is strong and allows users to locate information more quickly.
- Content classification and content metrics. Content can easily be classified to guide the user into a more detailed focus. The backend metrics are also useful to understand the usefulness of the existing content.
- Provide content classification examples of other industries. Beyond products and sales approach.
- Provide more Dekiscript examples and promote these examples. For the non-developer grasping Dekiscript can be a challenge. Having a solid repository of examples helps promote understanding.
- Add more system metrics. The more analysis is available to admins and authors the better.
- Provide more docs around site customization and CSS. Be upfront with what is possible and what is not.
- We are still in the process of rolling out the platform. I cannot yet speak to ROI.
- Microsoft Sharepoint and Atlassian Confluence