Welcome to Oracle Fusion HCM Trap
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle HCM Cloud
- Reduce the expense of maintenance of a system
- Stay current with the emerging/changing labor laws and regulations
- The look and feel of the system is not conducive for a Global ESS and MSS. The interfaces are very geeky and the system does not provide enough options to make the look and feel user friendly. Compare this with the slick look-and-feel of Workday and you will know the difference.
- Compensation Management does not factor in for regionalization. Grade ranges cannot be regionalized. We had to implement a very cumbersome workaround which is not scalable beyond Oracle Fusion HCM. Due to "custom" workaround, we cannot display the grade ranges to our managers through MSS.
- Reporting in Oracle Fusion HCM is very technical and geeky. It is NOT a tool meant for an end user who would like to drag and drop, and add filters to create simple reports. The layout of the data schema reeks of techno-geek. Again compare it with Workday or Taleo and you will know the difference.
- Pre-configured emails are very very geeky and non-configurable. As an example "password expiration" email does not even provide any information to the user on what to do reset the password and it is not something that we can change the verbiage of.
- Customer Service - Oracle Support's service is highly sub-standard. They do not have a sense of urgency to the impact on business operations. Invariably, during their monthly and major version upgrades, existing processes break but there is no process to apply an immediate fix. The customer must suffer until next monthly patch. Customers must create a workaround for a month until the next patch.
- The process of pulling records of employees is very cumbersome. We have to go through multiple clicks to switch the record from one employee to another.
- Response Time - Oracle Fusion HCM is extremely slow especially so during 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PST. A combination of multiple unnecessary clicks to do transactions combined with slow response, makes transaction process very cumbersome and resource sapping.
- We will know the results when we roll out ESS/MSS In 6 months from now. At this time, we have created a system of records. I really can't say that we have used the system to do anything innovative.
The Oracle Fusion HCM was purchased without any evaluation before I joined Wesco based on the fact that our company is an Oracle shop and Oracle presented Fusion HCM as the only alternative. I would have done HCM evaluation in past assignments against Workday and PeopleSoft and Fusion HCM to be extremely weak.
We did evaluate Taleo cloud against iCIMS and SuccessFactors. The criteria that tipped the scale in favor of Taleo was its integration with Fusion HCM and now I am finding that even that is in evolution stage.