Overall Satisfaction with PeopleAdmin SelectSuite
PeopleAdmin was implemented by and is utilized by the Employment Services unit within the Human Resources Department at my Organization. It allows for a broader reach in advertising positions and an easier method for applicants to submit applicants and myself to review and screen apps for search committee review. It has increased our pool size, diversity, and outreach area.
- PeopleAdmin is very user-friendly. We have very few applicant issues or items that require PeopleAdmin Customer Support to intervene.
- The ease of use in screening and in allowing search committee's confidential access to application materials from any internet source is one of the best features - as it allows for more freedom for our users.
- The Customer Support is great. They are responsive and very helpful - not only to us and our system issues but when we have applicant issues that need to be addressed quickly.
- PeopleAdmin lacks basic editing features when building job postings. To add bold or underline you must use textile markup language which is foreign to most non-tech folks and adds a layer of diffulty that seems unnecessary.
- Functionality is limited in that users cannot re-arrange lists within the system (even via the Admin section) in the sections such as "Posting Docs". Whatever order they are added is the order they have to stay in unless you want to delete them all and re-add. That just seems silly and counterintutive to me.
- Would like the ability to move from one applicant to the next when screening with a "Next" button on the bottom of the screen rather than having to back out to the applicant list and going that route. Seems like there has to be an better way to move from one applicant to the next.
- This product has increased our ability to post jobs faster and for repeat applicants to submit applications and for new applicants to build appliacations and submit them.
- PeopleAdmin saving applicant data and documents in their system is a real timesaver. This allows applicants to upload documents and know they will be there, secure when they return for another position.
- PA allows us to better serve our committee's and quickly provide them with applicants so that the process can move faster and we can get positions filled faster. It saves manpower overall in the Employment Services unit.
I had no choice in the selection of the product. I have never used another recruiting software from an employer standpoint, only as an applicant and this one works well from the perspective of someone applying for a job. From a SuperUser standpoint I think the product could use some work in functionality to make use easier for those that day in and day out utilize the product.
PeopleAdmin is a great tool for those that want an easy way to advertise/post and receive applications but the use after that is really limited and isn't recommended past that point in any organization whose committee's utilize a screening rubric in addition to supplemental questions in addition to the application as the system cannot handle more than one of them at a time without a costly upgrade. Every little component that might be helpful costs you to implement. There really is no complete package here. Cost is always an issue so that factors into my decision as well. The return on investment is mediocre in my opinion.
Using PeopleAdmin SelectSuite
500 - They represent people in all areas of the University - Business & Finance, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Advancement, Facilities.
4 - Human Resources and Faculty Affairs folks provide support in-house. They have extensive system knowledge and experience and can troubleshoot most problems.
Working for the California State system we are transitioning to a systemwide common HR system and are all being made to move to a common system that is NOT PeopleAdmin. The renewal of PA will occur until we are forced through the implementation of the new systemwide CHRS.
Evaluating PeopleAdmin SelectSuite and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Single most important factor in choosing PA was usability for users (in-house and external). Wanted a product that could be easily navigated by all that would need to use it.
I would look deeper into how to modify the system for our specific processes as much as it was capable. Our product is fairly vanilla and could be better modified to fit our needs.