One of the only vendors whose claims of hidden magical knowledge have stood the test of time!
https://www.trustradius.com/enterprise-flash-array-storagePure Storage FlashArrayUnspecified9.4245101
Will Fife profile photo
December 17, 2018

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray

They do great work, and all seem to be quite knowledgeable.
I was initially skeptical, our plan was to boot 100% of our virtual machines and VFX render infrastructure from several Pure FlashArrays. The performance has been excellent as expected, but the compression/deduplication and reliability have vastly exceeded my expectations.
  • Speed. It is fast, really fast. I'm not sure where Pure gets their magical go faster pixie dust, but it is the good stuff.
  • Reliable. No problems and that is amazing.
  • We are booting 400 render nodes off of 4 of the smaller FlashArrays and the deduplication is nothing short of magical.
  • The UI can be confusing, but the CLI more than makes up for it.
  • I would love to see more statistics, graphs help prove to users that their gut instinct about where the problem is, is wrong.
  • It has simplified imaging.
  • It has improved VM reliability and performance.
It is a wonderful piece of technology that we use all the time, and rarely have to think about.
Spend the time to learn how each operating system can integrate with iSCSI, including pxe booting disk images directly from iSCSI. It will save you a ton of time in the long run.
We evaluated a build our own solution... I'm really happy we went with Pure Storage.
  • We boot all of our virtual desktops directly from Pure FlashArray and it makes it trivial to roll out new operating system versions.
  • Our new kubernetes cluster uses the Pure Service Orchestrator to provide persistent volumes for containers.
Booting many hosts with similar disk images (VMs, render infrastructure, Virtual Desktops).