Overall Satisfaction with Rubrik
The customer has a lot of Virtual machines that need to be backed on a daily basis and move them across to secondary DB for the DR purpose. Additionally, an agent needs to be installed in case of a recovery for specific applications. This requires frequesnt update of the software binary of the backup agent, which means more effort and cost to maintain.
- Agentless backups
- Fast recovery with live mount
- Data indexing and content discovery for legal complaince
- Polaris still runs on a Google cloud and has no option for other vendors
- Cannot install local install of Polaris
- The integration with certiain database is still not completed like DB2
- The simpler operational effort means lower number of resources required
- The stable product with good dedupe means lower storage and compute requirements
- the all inone feature means lesser amount of tools to invest in and deploy and maintain
Rubrik has smaller footprint of hardware compared to the competition and ease of operations. The software is a bit more stable and allows the scaling of the infra in a much easier way and manage. The polaris tool / reporting module is very easy for management to look at the statistics and get the meat of the information from the overall operations.
This is a very cool feature that we extensively use , the role based access allows us to segregate the responsiblities between various teams to look at servers that only they own and perform operations and report generation. This way there is complete secure boundaries between who does what and see. The role based access are also easy to manage since the integration with the active directory is available.
Do you think Rubrik delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Rubrik's feature set?
Did Rubrik live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Rubrik go as expected?
Would you buy Rubrik again?
For small enterprises where there are standard applications like SQL Windows, Linux and VMs mainly are the most suited environment. This would require very fewer effort to maintain and would not require a dedicated backup resource to do the operations. The reporting feature is perfect for compliance and audit data reports which are required frequently in regulated environments.