Overall Satisfaction with ScienceLogic SL1
Implementations and upgrades over the years have mostly gone smoothly. We did run into some hurdles when we cutover from on-premise to their SaaS offering. However, the ScienceLogic team was transparent and did a good job working through issues. Now on SaaS, our environment performs better, has improved high availability, DR posture, and overall - upgrades tend to be smoother.
ScienceLogic SL1 is used as the primary observability platform to monitor the health of infrastructure and applications in our Corporate Data Centers and Market locations. An integration using SL1 PowerFlow, with ServiceNow has allowed us to automate Incident escalation in a fine-tuned manner, ensuring events get escalated to the correct teams and individuals. This automation has allowed us to minimize NOC staffing requirements, essentially adopting a lights-out posture and only requiring staff to manage/maintain the product. As an early adopter of SL1, the product has played a vital role in our business for years, giving us the confidence we need in observability.
- ITSM workflow automation and monitoring
- Seamless Integration with other observability platform tools
- Provides context between infrastructure, application, and business services relationships
- The elimination of on-premises collectors
- Improve out-of-the-box reporting capabilities
- Allow for more robust dashboards
Do you think ScienceLogic SL1 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ScienceLogic SL1's feature set?
Did ScienceLogic SL1 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ScienceLogic SL1 go as expected?
Would you buy ScienceLogic SL1 again?
- PowerFlow integration along with internal process refinement allowed for the elimination of an off-shore NOC, driving significant savings annually.
- Over the years, the elimination of many disparate monitoring systems, reducing expense and simplifying operations by adopting standards.
- We significantly improved visibility into our IT landscape through a single pane of glass.
- Pre-built integrations (Power Packs) allow for granular and application-specific monitoring allowing for the avoidance of investments to build new capabilities.
SL1 is well-suited for a complete out-of-the-box IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOPS platform that functions well for environments of all sizes, including large-scale implementations requiring multi-tenancy. In areas where it is less appropriate, APM, for example, integrations are straightforward and therefore not a problem. The product is easy to use and intuitive. The auto-discovery feature allows you to realize value out of the product in days/weeks, not months.