Overall Satisfaction with ServiceDesk Plus
Servicedesk plus is currently being used by both the Desktop Support Team and the Application Support Team. It replaced Jira as our primary ticketing software in the IT department. Other departments are observing our use, and are strongly considering converting. We use it primarily as an incident and service request tracking system, as well as managing problems.
- It is very easy to create business rules that automatically route email tickets to the correct department and apply templates to correctly categorize the incident.
- The technician auto-assign function allows email tickets to be fairly apportioned using a round robin technique. We do not cuurently use the load balancing technique which is also available.
- It is very easy to bulk edit requests to correct miscatergorization by Analysts. (i.e. Incidents vs. Service Requests)
- Coordinating communications and notifying ticket holders when a network or application event is resolved is very simple.
- We would like to see the ability to schedule technician auto-assign based on shifts. Presently we have to manually select technicians after close of business Friday for the weekend shift each week.
- When managing a problem, it is difficult to extract a list of attached Incidents for use elsewhere. I must add that it is very easy to bulk add Incidents during an event. The only small issue with the bulk add is that the window only shows you 5-10 incidents at a time, and you must scroll through to select Incidents. We'd like to be able to see a full page view of the list.
- When editing a request, the history is graphically & textually very verbose. Too much so in many cases. For example if a user has included screen shots, the entire email string is repeated for each change. For example an email forwarded to Helpdesk, repeats even though the only change made was to update the requestor from the person forwarding to the actual requestor.
- It is not currently possible to update a problem automatically using special characters in the subject line, like we are able to do in a request. We overcome this by always creating a root incident for each problem that collects all the email communication of the resolution.
- Very positive impact from increased confidence that issues are being resolved due to better user communication. It is easy to tailor notifications to contain less boilerplate and more relevent content.
- Positive impact from increased visibility of agent utilization, ability to get an operational overview of how frequently tickets are being touched.
- ROI, although not numerically calculated has been been obviously very satisfactory.
No contest. Remedyforce required a full time investment to understand the use of cryptically named variables, so all changes needed to be made by a specially trained administrator. Remedy had terrible problem handing capability. ServiceDesk Plus is a polar opposite - most customization is done using plain English and simple screens.
ServiceDesk Plus is very easy to configure at the start, and then adjust the categories and rules as the implementation is refined. Its greatest strength is the ability to program without requiring a full time administrator. There is very little jargon involved. Reporting not so much. The canned reports are useful but do not always cover some of the basics. Fortunately, the user groups freely share report definitions so one could springboard from something close to your desired result.
ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Feature Ratings
ServiceDesk Plus Support
Easy to contact, most serious issues resolved very quickly.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Using ServiceDesk Plus
Did not require intense installation effort or a large investment in technician or agent training. Day to day operations are intuitive and simple.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Technician Round Robin auto-assignment of email tickets.
- Viewing status and ownership of daily tickets.
- Updating ticket holders or techicians of Incidents attached to a Problem ID.
- Unable to auto-assign tickets to technicians based on work hours or day of week.
Yes - Works reasonably well for a small screen, but requires a public facing IP.