No More "Can I open a ticket please?"https://www.trustradius.com/help-deskSolarWinds Web Help DeskUnspecified8.1311012019-06-01T01:07:05.427Z
May 31, 2019
No More "Can I open a ticket please?"
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Web Help Desk
We have been using SolarWinds Help Desk across our whole organization to better support our employees when an issue arises. This product has created a more efficient way of communicating issues within the organization by opening a ticket.
- Tracks tickets by user, department, and issue.
- Keeps track of assets. E.g. desktops and servers. This feature is great. You don't have to run around looking for the location of an asset.
- Able to customize and run reports to show activity on employees, departments, or specific issues within the organization
- Able to locate a previous ticket, see what resolution it had, and use that on future tickets.
- Able to add Work schedule and vacation options so tickets go the backup tech.
- You're not able to make the Lead technician have a secondary email, so that when a ticket is open the manager also receives the email alert that a ticket has been opened.
- Not able to have one then one lead tech.
- Not able to add breaks and lunch schedule so that when the lead tech is away on break the tickets go to the backup tech
- Faster service when it comes to fixing issues.
- Able to go back on tickets and see what was previously done on repeated issues.
- Self serves help desk. The employee can open and close their own request and add as much detail as needed to their ticket. No need to call in and have someone open a ticket for you.
It's well suited for a large organization, as it allows employees to address their issue by opening up a ticket instead of calling in. This keeps track of the issue, and the employee has a record of it. It's basically a self-severs help desk. Employees can open and close their ticket as needed and add the priority level as they see fits the need for the issue.