Overall Satisfaction with SonicWall Analytics
We are using Sonicwall Analytics for monitoring logs of Sonicwall firewalls deployed in our branch offices. We are using an on-premises version where we have installed it on a server. With Analytics, we are now able to get reports of users, for more than 30 days. Each report is having granular details of the log type we select. It can be users' login or logout activities, their web browsing activities, we are also getting custom reports on the basis of user names if we want to extract any particular user's report.
- Consolidated Logging
- Custom and predefined templates for reporting
- Ease of integration with firewall and other tools
- Similar GUI and web console like of Sonicwall UTM and firewalls
- We get reports on the basis of features, like system reports, content/url filtering reports. There must be an option to get reports no the basis of complete user activity, or user timeline
- They could have bundled or included management along with reporting
- Pricing considering only collecting of logs and generating reports only from Sonicwall firewalls, I feel is high.
- We are not able to keep SonicWall firewall logs for more than 3 months, which has given a positive rating to compliances
- We are getting custom and scheduled reports of user web activities
- Logs are now stored safely and securely
Do you think SonicWall Analytics delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SonicWall Analytics's feature set?
Did SonicWall Analytics live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SonicWall Analytics go as expected?
Would you buy SonicWall Analytics again?
If you have Sonicwall firewalls, and want to store logs and generate custom reports, then this additional investment is worthy. If you only want to have storage for your logs, then I won't recommend this. You can opt for a Syslog tool or a SIEM platform for analyzing the same and storing logs.