We use survey monkey to collect data directly from our user base. Currently, we administer a 10-15 question survey 3x during the year that we use to help us uncover change management issues and implementation challenges.
- Simple interface- it's very easy to style your questionnaires and use multiple question types.
- Recent changes to dashboard/metrics - a cleaner look makes it easier to find and interpret the data that I need
- Survey duplication - I really like this feature because I don't have to start from scratch from year to year.
- The survey formatting (what your users see) is rather frumpy. Even though we pay for a premium subscription, the branding and customization options are limited.
- Mobile optimization could also be improved. I would like to see some capability of the system to determine whether or not a person is accessing the survey from a mobile device and optimizing the display accordingly.
- One of the more frustrating aspects of Survey Monkey is the inability to see recipients unique ID or hyperlink when using their system to send survey response invites. I would prefer to send emails from my own server (as apposed to from their internal system), but in order to utilize the tracking response system I must send via SM.
- SM allowed us to provide better service to our partners - we were able to uncover trends which allowed us to better direct the implementation at various school sites.
Although there are limitations, I haven't found a system that can compete with the price and overall functionality of SurveyMonkey.
SM was a great option for us because of the cost and functionality that is offered for the cost. They do offer the basics in terms of question piping and skip logic. If you are looking for something more sophisticated or adaptive based upon what the user has said, however, this might not be the best fit for you.