Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
Land O'Frost has used UltiPro for over 20 years, changing to it when we wanted to update our payroll software at all 3 locations (Illinois, Arkansas, and Kentucky in 2007). It provided a consistent and reliable system for both our hourly and salaried employees, and both time-clock and auto paid employees.
- Keeping up to date on payroll tax laws and tax rate changes, both Federal, State and local (we have employees in 18 different states)
- Reliable system with customer support very accessible when problems arise.
- On-line training to provide education to new users, upgrading to a web based system and overall use of the system.
- The complexity of the system makes it hard to train new users.
- When searching through the online library, I rarely find an answer to the subject I'm searching on. Sometimes its as simple as I'm using the wrong terminology - its usually easier to just call.
- The complexity also makes it hard to change some basics established when we went live with UltiPro (in our case, a long time ago). We have one location using a location field as a shift field because they didn't think they could get the functionality they needed just using Ulti's shift field.
Maybe less appropriate in a small company.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
- Online training
- In-person training
Our original training (20 years ago) was in person. It was harder to understand the system with generic information, before we had set it up at our company and used it.
Very good training available, just have to find the time to work it into my work schedule! Classes aren't always available when I am.
Complexity is the issue. After going through the 1095-C setup, we found more steps we need to incorporate into our process. If we don't fill out the fields properly, then it affects the 1095's accuracy.
Sometimes the management in our company doesn't see the value in Ultipro when its too hard for them to get information out the system. This could be because they don't know what information is available, or we haven't used that part of UltiPro (example On-Boarding, Succession Planning), or the information needs a BI report written.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Quick Initial Response
Our W-2's were not balancing and no one could figure out why. After several days, support raised the case, and an Ultipro analyst somehow found 1 employee out of 1200 who mistakenly had the Seasonal Worker box marked. It was amazing that they found it!
I'd give it a 9.999 if I could! I believe only once in 20 years did we have an issue with not being able to access the software. It's been extremely reliable and they always strive to have backup systems in place to cover everything, even worst case scenarios.
I've found that the slowest part of Ultipro's performance is just in the sign-on phase. Once in the system, pages load efficiently, reports run in a reasonable time, even when they cover the entire company and for a whole year.