Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication
We use Veeam Backup as a tool to back up all of our data locally and to an offsite location. Veeam is being used by the whole organization to backup our corporate servers. It addressed a lack of a backup strategy that we needed to be implemented and Veeam was the right solution for us.
- Backup jobs that intergartes well with our VMware environment
- Easy and quick restore process for OS files or VM files
- Reporting and alerts as its gives information that we used to troubleshoot issues
- A bug in the software that doens't delete restore points after certain amount of time
- Mobile Management for Veeam. It would be nice to manage Veeam on a phone to troubelshoot issues.
- We have had scenarios where we had VMs fail and we had to use Veeam to restore or use the instant VM recovery to restore access and reduce downtime.
We have not used this feature yet but we are planning on doing so later in the future.
We have not fully used those features as of yet but it's in the plan later on.
We have not tested or evaluated other software as we have experience with Veeam and it's the best soultion for us.
Veeam is suited for all environments that require a backup strategy and data integrity. I can't imagine a scenario where Veeam is not appropriate.
Veeam Data Platform Foundation Feature Ratings
Using Veeam Backup & Replication
5 - They are all part of IT dept, the roles consist from helpdesks all the way to the IT manager.
1 - I manage the support of Veeam and I have extensive experience with Veeam implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting. I'm the senior Engineer as well as the IT manager.
- Disaster Recovery. We need a backup/restore service that will backup our corprate servers and restore data when needed.
- Business continuity, we have implemented Veeam as part of our backup strategy to prevent disasters and maintain business continuity to prevent downtime as much as possible.
- Offsite backup off-prem and integration with Azure blob service to have a backup on the cloud.
- Integration with Azure for off site backup.
- Using Veeam for DR/replication
- Increase Veeam Cloud Tier with our application and automate process of backups.
- Increase license count to support more support for additional hosts.
We are happy with Veeam, the product itself, cost and the support that comes with it. We had used Veeam to restore critical services/files that prevent or speed up recovery of files to continue with the business function without impacting users.
Evaluating Veeam Backup & Replication and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
It was the reputation and words of mouth from previous coworkers that led me to choose Veeam.
Evaluate Veeam against other options on the market, but I would still have chosen Veeam.
Veeam Backup & Replication Implementation
No insight regarding Crownpeak.
- Implemented in-house
Change management was a minor issue with the implementation - Since this was a new product we were implementing, the risks were low compared to the benefits of having this system operationally in production. We made sure all the process of implementation was recorded, discussed and approved.
- Issues with bugs that had to be sorted out with support.
- WAN utilisation tweeking to make sure secondary backup jobs were functioning as expected.
Veeam Backup & Replication Support
We had a great experience with support. we always get our support case handled correctly and resolved in a timely fashion.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Veeam is a great product but it has to come with the support that is right for us in terms of preventing or speeding up the troubleshooting process to minimize business outage.
Yes - I dealt with a bug that wasn't deleting snapshots even though the backup job was configured to keep 14 copies and delete the rest. Worked with support and they recommended some updates to resolve the issue.
As discussed from the previous point, they went all out to help me resolve the issue with the backup snapshots that were related to an unknown bug.
Using Veeam Backup & Replication
We use this product on a daily basis to back up our servers, data. We restore files on a weekly basis and it's great to use overall.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Setting up backup jobs
- Restoring process is quick and easy
- Checking snapshots and locating file to restore.
- Restore process sometimes take a but of time to load.
- Setting up a secondary backup job especially over the WAN is cumbersome to setup.