Cisco WebEx makes us more focused in our meetings
May 03, 2021
Cisco WebEx makes us more focused in our meetings
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Webex (formerly Webex Teams)
There are many advantages to using collaboration software like [Webex (formerly Webex Teams)]. For us, the most important one is the screen sharing mode, and the speed that it offers at the time of video playback. In this sense, WebEx [(formerly Webex Teams)] allows us to hold small seminars of up to 7 people, which is enough to maintain a stable meeting space where we can focus openly on each participant.
- The speed of the platform is one of the most prominent in virtually any video conferencing software that exists, being able to make streaming sessions in 60fps without having to worry about the video quality, which is entirely in HD. Although this is not yet available in HD4K, it is still sufficient quality for effective meetings.
- WebEx provides full access to the WebEx meeting center, from where it is a reality to attach to some important services in cases such as needing some other small instant messaging tool, or simply one that allows you to create sticky notes to add to presentations.
- There is a fabulous quality of compatibility between the WebEx and Microsoft Outlook platforms, which is demonstrated by the ease of being able to review emails from the shared screens, or when configuring the information within the email inboxes so that they can be added to the WebEx platform, making it easier to review them.
- We think that the fact that the trial period for WebEx is so short is a huge drawback: while most collaborative services allow up to a full month to get used to the platform and decide whether to use it after the trial period is over, Cisco WebEx only offers a couple of weeks.
- Occasionally there are severe problems synchronizing the platform's audio with video operations. This is usually due to the quality of our internet connection, but can occur arbitrarily if documents are being uploaded to the platform during the execution of a video call session. Eventually this problem fixes itself, but it is usually annoying if you are in a group session.
- The performance of its integrations with Webex AIM pro is not adequate, especially because when playing audio from AIM pro there are usually problems with the quality of this, and sometimes when playing these audio files the WebEx platform can freeze or close. It seems that the cause of this may be the use of an incompatible audio format, which shows a limitation in the platform.
- In our case, the plan we chose to work with was the Premium 25 plan, which, as specified above, has a cost of $38 per month. This price has been compensated in the last two weeks of using the platform.
- The earnings offered by the WebEx platform have been up to triple the ROI we had previously, leaving our earnings at an ROI of 4.5%.
WebEx [(formerly Webex Teams)] service, being the general service provided for all applications developed by cisco, has an exemplary response speed of only a couple of hours from the time the support ticket is submitted. We like that the Webex team provides accurate information to assist in the resolution of any conflicts that may arise.
Do you think Webex App delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex App's feature set?
Did Webex App live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Webex App go as expected?
Would you buy Webex App again?
WebEx [(formerly Webex Teams)] is as easy to use as any other video conferencing platform, with a similar format to other calling platforms such as Skype, where the call can be made by simply accessing the contact in question, or creating a call from a button in the main session and then adding the respective callers. WebEx provides its own training center, from which it is possible to organize and strategize how to make online meetings more interactive, thus improving not only communication with other meeting attendees, but also the performance of the meeting in terms of quality and level of interaction and feedback collection. Ease of integration with broader services. It is precisely thanks to this important feature that we have managed to combine the video quality of WebEx meetings with the execution of our group projects, and thus rethink our concept of work. The prices of the different WebEx plans are notoriously lower than those offered by other collaboration services, with a Premium plan starting at only $38; an amount that is more than enough to offer a stable and quality session.
Since this is a software specialized in the execution of video conferences on the web, it is quite easy to deduce that the scenario where it would be most profitable would be this one, but the reality is that WebEx [(formerly Webex Teams)] can be recommended mainly to small groups, where the approach to each of the members in the team is not so limiting. If used with smaller groups, as mentioned above, the meetings are much more likely to perform well, because there is more time to get intimate with individuals, and you get better feedback from them than you would from large-scale meeting software with hundreds of attendees. If you are looking for a service with good scalability and an acceptable ability to integrate with external messaging platforms, WebEx [(formerly Webex Teams)] is one of the best options you could have, as it even has a suite of Cisco applications that you can work with together to make conferencing more extensible.