Zenefits is easy to usehttps://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementZenefitsUnspecified7.9771012018-09-07T20:07:59.665Z
September 07, 2018
Zenefits is easy to use
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Zenefits
Our Recruiting Department use Zenefits to send offer letters, show prospective employees a sample of our health and dental benefits using the tool on the site. Our HR department uses Zenefits to manage employee documents, send out policies and handbooks, help associates sign up for employee benefits and also to manage time and attendance. We request and approve time off as well.
- Zenefits keeps it simple, associates don't dread logging in because the dashboard layout is a collection of apps , you click the icon for what you need.
- Zenefits has a chat based Help Desk so you can get answers to questions immediately.
- Zenefits offers a great resource for administrators call Club Zen. Club Zen features HR related articles and information to supplement continuing eduction for our people experts.
- While the Tech Support is fast to respond, the actual resolutions can take a while to come into play
- In the Time and Attendance feature it allows people to clock in early from 30 minute unpaid breaks if they wish. Most TimeKeeper apps prevent you from ending a break early to comply with the law, switching to Zenefits actually increased our California meal break violations.
- California Meal Break Violations cost a full hour of each employees pay rate. If an employee clocks in 1 minute early it costs us at least 10.50 (minimum wage Ca, 15.00 in Los Angeles) which adds up quickly. We had 37 meal break violations when we first rolled it out. They need to add a feature that disallows them to clock in ahead of 30 minutes, or add a feature that shows them how long they've been on break.
I like Zenefits 2nd best only behind Paycom. Too many things in Zenefits are interconnected. As an example in Paycom I can assign different admins for different aspects of 1 employee profile (Manager A can approve their timecard, Manager B is responsible for approve documentation, etc.). However, Zenefits has a cleaner dashboard layout.
Zenefits makes sense for you if you looking for a system to manage personnel info for a team that is slightly more tech savvy. Associates utilizing the app on their smart device has been so valuable to information out and back quickly. However, people who don't have smartphones and smart devices (or don't use their smart devices to their full potential) struggle a bit.