Likelihood to Recommend
While most companies can get away with stock or lightly modified SaaS solutions, if email is absolutely core to your business, I'd recommend Amazon's Simple Email Service. It provides the lowest pricing outside of building up your own sender reputation, while providing the same flexibility and performance, especially if your application servers are already in AWS.
The drawback to all this power is that you need to dedicate engineering resources to building, modifying, and maintaining your email pipeline. If you can't justify those expenses, go with a SaaS product.
Consultant in EngineeringRetail Company, 201-500 employees
You need a full-service front end and back end team and marketers to get the best use out of this platform. It is clunky to use day to day. The best example to give is Oracle uses their own form of SQL called RPL. Responsys Programming Language. Whilst simple enough to learn if you know SQL, many marketers do not have time to write query after query. You'd typically get a developer to do it. As a Marketer, decide whether you can delegate this out or not.
- Easy to send thousands of messages without worrying about scaling.
- Very easy to understand SDK and modules in Java and Python and start sending custom emails in minutes.
- Not a costly service. Implementing using the service and training people is really simple.
Engineer in Information TechnologyAutomotive Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Trigger programs can be highly customized and segmented.
- Filtering for audiences is very powerful, but SQL skills are often required for more advanced filters.
- Customer records can be highly customized to accept business-specific variables.
- For users that are not used to semi-complex APIs, the AWS SDK can be a little intimidating. That said, with the SMTP credential feature, the API learning curve can be avoided.
- It is frustrating that you have to verify each e-mail address or domain name (wildcard) you wish to use in the From: header of the e-mail messages. I understand this is a security feature, but for long-time verified accounts, it would be nice to use arbitrary e-mail addresses and domains.
- The user interface is very dated. I would like to see a much more refined GUI.
- The requirement to map all data tables in advance is cumbersome and slows down the ability for a marketer to iterate programs rapidly.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 2 answers
We believe Responsys offers the largest feature set in the industry. While it took some time for us to ramp up and feel confident using all the features in the beginning, we're now in a good position to take full advantage. Our investment is paying off in terms of regular, targeted interaction with our customers and prospects, driving traffic to our site and generating additional revenue
Engineer in Information Technology51-200 employees
Based on 1 answer
Too often the support team is unable to answer my question or I have to explain the issue over and over.
Amazon SES is bare-bones, insofar as it will not "help" you with the contents of your message. You cannot use variables in the e-mail, it will not automatically track whether or not the recipient opened the mail or not, it will not help with unsubscribe links, and it will not generate and manage web-based copies of the e-mail. That said, it gives the developer full control of the messages.Pricing, again, is the killer feature here. SES is cheaper than every single e-mail delivery provider I have ever encountered.
Return on Investment
- All positive things. The fact that we can send tens of thousands of e-mails per month for less than $5 is incredible. Find a better price for something even remotely as high-quality as SES.
- SES provides a set-and-forget way of handling e-mail. Drop in the credentials, and your developers will never have to mess with it again.
- Increased efficiency for creating, launching and optimizing programs.
- More accurate automated 1:1 marketing programs.
- Better analytics and better program optimization.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
1. per account