Likelihood to Recommend
We use Amazon Simple Email Service to auto-respond to users that submit messages through a contact form. We are using Amazon Simple Email Service with our self hosted python application to send our marketing emails, get feedback for our services, and Hackathons.
Employee in EngineeringInformation Technology & Services Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Amazon Simple Email Service is a much lower cost than most other solutions and truly makes cost a non-factor in most situations where we consider implementing it.
- The API is so well documented that implementing Amazon Simple Email Service in nearly any application or codebase is achievable with basic coding knowledge.
Vice-President in Information TechnologyMarketing & Advertising Company, 501-1000 employees
- Even if you do not want to spam, you cant send an email to the unverified users.
- Integration with other services is a bit tricky. To watch the trail, handle bounced emails, save emails on S3 are not straightforward to implement.
- When you want to send a lot of emails (in bulk), it takes a significant amount of time.
Amazon SES 8.5
Based on 11 answers
We did not have the need of contacting Amazon for support. The documentation they provide is of great quality. Examples are easy to follow. One thing to have into consideration is we didn't have the premium support for AWS, so I can't provide details on how good or bad this service is, but in general, the basic support I had was great.
We have used a dozen services. They are almost all more expensive. Some force you to wait one week to approve/deny your account if they suspect that the email database is not legal. I have very important clients with legal databases that were rejected by other companies and could send emails from Amazon SES without problems.
Return on Investment
- SES is still more cost effective than other email services like Mailgun.
- Unless we have a high-traffic month, staying within the free tier is very nice for our bottom line.
- Not having to spend time worrying about SES reliability saves us frustration and money.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Amazon SES Editions & Modules
|Sending Emails from an Application Hosted in Amazon EC2||Free1|
|Sending Emails from an Application Hosted in Amazon EC2||$0.10 ($0.12)2|
|Sending Emails from Another Email Client or Software Package||$0.10 ($0.12)3|
- for first 62,000 emails
- for every 1,000 emails after 62,000 (for each GB of storage)
- for every 1,000 emails (for each GB of storage)
- for the first 1,000 emails
- for emails after the first 1,000