Likelihood to Recommend
Kentico is a robust and flexible CMS platform that is great for managing multiple websites and multiple environments (dev, stage, and production for instance). It makes content management very easy and makes it easy to keep the environments synced with the same content.However, the Kentico CMS does require a bit more technical understanding to get it set up properly and requires a bit more effort and support than, say, free open-source options.
Professional in MarketingInsurance Company, 10,001+ employees
Feature Rating Comparison
Role-based user permissions
Internationalization / multi-language
Code quality / cleanliness
Library of website themes
Mobile optimization / responsive design
Availability / breadth of extensions
Community / comment management
- Ease of use and thin-browser version works on all major platforms
- Advanced functionality for power users including only marketing campaign management, in-browser development, etc
- Customizable and extensible to support our clients unique needs
- Scalable, high performance, and reliable
- Excellent technical support
- I think Kentico could make it easier to set up the staging environments. It took our IT team longer than expected to build out DEV --> TESTING --> QA --> PRODUCTION environments in Azure. But, when they were done it works better than we had hoped.
- I'd suggest Kentico building in a block of consulting time into the purchase price to make implementation go faster.
- I think Kentico needs to update its list of "qualified" partners on their website. We selected one from the list and it turned out to be a total train wreck and our next agency had to basically start over as the first agency made so many major errors like an infinite loop in the SQL database.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 22 answers
Since Kentico offers perpetual licenses the only additional cost is for support if I need it. Its pretty fantastic as many other CMS products charge annual license fees based on the number of servers it is deployed to or the number of content contributor logins which can get expensive fast
Based on 3 answers
It seriously is one of the best interfaces I have ever used. I also love the fact that I can use UI personalization to secure any functionality by user or role that I don't want that role to have access to. The best part is the customization of the UI, I can add in any button, tab, or menu item I want through it, no code required.
Based on 3 answers
They truly are amazing with how fast they get back to us on issues. Almost all of the time the support team is able to answer our issues with direct and to the point information.
Based on 1 answer
The system provides many opportunities to integrate and enhance the platform and makes it easy to do so.
Engineer in EngineeringMarketing and Advertising Company, 11-50 employees
Kentico is a lot easier, more fluent and slicker than these products. It is easy to setup, use and teach others, so content can be managed by multiple users without any special training or skills i.e coding. It is definitely a lot more expensive so you are paying for a premium service but if you are a large organization it is worth it.
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Kentico Editions & Modules
|Kentico CMS Base License for 1 Website||$4,4991|
|Kentico CMS Base License for 10 Websites||$16,9991|
|Kentico CMS Base License for Unlimited Sites||$27,9991|
|Kentico EMS License for 1 Website||$19,9991|
|Kentico EMS License for 10 Websites||$39,9991|
|Kentico EMS License for Unlimited Licenses||$69,9991|
|Kentico CMS Ultimate License for 1 Website||$9,9991|
|Kentico CMS Ultimate License for 10 Websites||$29,9991|
|Kentico CMS Ultimate License for Unlimited Websites||$49,9991|
|Kentico EMS Corporate||$399,0002|
- Lifetime License per Seat
- Unlimited Users, Websites, Environments, Server Deployment, Source Code, Premium Support