Accruent EMS Software

Accruent EMS Software Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

EMS was the best choice for us because the other ones either were outdated or they were focused on academics or events. EMS was a good fit for us at the time because we felt that it met both the needs of the Events Office as well as the academic office.
Leo Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
I previously had to use Google Suite apps, e.g. Sheets and Forms, to track and manage space and facility resources - those two factors having to be tracked separately made it incredibly difficult. EMS allows us to seamlessly and automatically track the use of our spaces and our equipment, all together.
I haven't utilized any other reservation systems so it is hard to compare systems. I have seen demos of other systems but feel EMS offers a more robust system well suited for professional event planners. Some of the demos seemed to be more focused on client facing booking systems which isn't how our team would use the system.
We had used MRM before finding Accruent EMS. Before finding EMS, I received demos from multiple other companies, but none fit our needs. When I finally found Accruent EMS, I was impressed immediately, but before deciding, I gathered 25 of our 'super users' together and had EMS demo it again for all of them. They asked numerous great questions, but it didn't end there. Even after two hours, I received more questions so I scheduled another demo...and then another demo...I think we had that large gathering about four times before finally deciding. Everyone was excited because the technician that did the demos, had personalized a test copy so we could wrap our heads around it better. They spent a LOT of time with us, be we were so happy once we decided as a group to go with Accruent EMS.
Rhonda M. Childs | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our old software MRM was out of date and had many, many issues. I don't remember the other products we looked at, but they did not compare. We also talked with other law firms (about 4-5) and they all agreed they loved Accruent EMS as well. If we had problems we called them on a conference call to voice our concerns and they usually worked with us and helped us fix the problem or made notes to get their tech people to fix the problem.
[Accruent] EMS is very robust, and a great all in one solution for hospitality and Event management needs. I have dealt with a few other software solutions in the past that try to handle event planning and management, but have run into the need to have multiple solutions to handle all those needs.
Teems provided most of the functionality Accruent EMS Software provided, but in a more simplistic way. Although Teems almost half the price of Accruent EMS Software, we felt EMS was a better fit. There support and knowledge base was far superior to their competitors.
This isn't an area where we found a lot of competitors, but those we did see all seemed oriented toward even larger organizations than ours. Pricing was universally outside of our budget scope, and all focused on features we don't have any use for. We need(ed) a very straightforward room and equipment reservations system. Accruent EMS is the closest we found to fill that need.
I was unable to select our last software used (Meeting Room Manager - MRM), but Accruent EMS is a whole other ballgame. We had so many issues with our previous scheduling software that we welcomed EMS tremendously. EMS is much more efficient and effective. It's easy to use and train on and allows to you reach an outcome through different steps based on your preference or the type of reservation you are making. It is customizable and can be configured to suit your organization.
The meeting room manager we used before only has the functionality to book meeting rooms. It does not support Outlook integration or Zoom integration, which EMS does. It is a lot easier and user-friendly to use EMS for daily conferencing tasks.
Mike Kraiman | TrustRadius Reviewer
As I previously hinted, our campus chose EMS Software because we felt it better met our needs in terms of flexibility for both academic and non-academic scheduling and contained superior functionality and ease of use for a variety of user types (pro staff, faculty, students, community members, etc.). Another factor that prevailed was the positive attitude of EMS personnel and willingness to provide expanded answers to followup questions during the evaluation process. Our selection team felt very confident we would have a good, honest working relationship with the vendor.
September 03, 2019

EMS Software

Nicholas Rohde | TrustRadius Reviewer
EMS is very similar in many ways, but I find EMS to be a much more accessible tool, especially for our rotating student staff that does not generally have experience using event management software like this. I can have them be doing independent work within the first few hours.
Khadra Abdulle | TrustRadius Reviewer
I can’t remember the name but I do remember it was useless. It did basic bookings without anything else. For example - could not generate reports or even show booking history. Once the bookings were deleted by mistake, we could not retrieve it since there was no booking or reservation number.
Shalom Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were able to test using 25Live for space and event management. What EMS has over every product is the ability to manage an event from start to finish. Its reporting capabilities are FAR beyond any other product we have seen. You have the ability to run very smart canned reports and build your own reports to fit your needs. You do not have to wait for someone to build it for you.
Cheryl Choat-Cobb | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our former provider was RESS. It was sufficient, but hard to use, difficult to navigate and not user friendly to the web-based client. Prior to that I used a Sharepoint calendar, which had definite limitations and no access from outsiders, I was the one who had to put in every single reservation.

What is Accruent EMS Software?

Accruent's EMS Software connects people with the right spaces, resources, and technology, solving today’s workspace and scheduling challenges and enabling organizations to get the most from their modern work and learning environments.

Employees want the flexibility to work from anywhere and to collaborate using their preferred technologies in a safe and social environment. At the same time, leaders need to drive value for their businesses by making the best possible use of their real estate footprint. Multi-use spaces, hoteling or hot desking, and open floor plans can provide efficiencies, but not when burdened with redundant, outdated tools, and processes disconnected from the rest of a business.

So EMS Software is provided as an intelligent, enterprise-class scheduling and resource management software platform, configured and integrated to a unique office environment. The vendor describes it as a management tool that offers the flexibility employees demand, while providing users the visibility, control and insights needed to drive value for the organization.The vendor further boasts deep industry expertise, with over 35 years in the business .

Accruent EMS Software Features