Reviews (1-25 of 38)
- Remedy tool is used for incident management and there are several categories bound with SLAs(Service level agreement) which ensures the closures.
- It is also used for change management across the organization for different environments which make sure all the processes are followed.
- It has a knowledge article section where KBs are generated for known issues which are handy for Business as usual.
The system includes a notification system to issue email and SMS alerts based on the level of criticality. We integrated Remedy with other IT monitoring system, where alerts are translated to work orders and assigned to the specific team.
- Integration with monitoring software like SolarWinds. where Remedy can transform notifications to work orders and assign to respective teams.
- Detailed Customization capability to fit the exact needs of the organization.
- Change management calendar, which integrates change orders from all organization departments and facilitates the scheduling process of project managers.
- It can be offered as a cloud-based service, where you don't need to worry about server maintenance or database backup.
I do not recommend it for managing banking and financial institution operations or supply chain and logistics operations.
I have personally used it at 2 different large scale IT departments operating in the higher education sector.
- It helps in reduce ticket volume and faster resolution of tickets with a lot of integration
- It helps create proper hierarchies and helps categorize the tickets properly
- It helps take advantage of all of our existing best practice reports, KPIs, and other artifacts
- Automated assignments are very helpful.
- Reporting is very good.
- Again, the ability to have all of the information (changes, incidents, problems, etc.) in one place is paramount.
- The built-in ability to run simple reports is quite valuable.
- The ability to interact with Crystal Reports makes BMC Remedy an even more data mining and reporting tool.
- Once users are trained properly, it allows for the quick and easy creation of new issues.
I say that Remedy is used by the IT department, but other departments also use Remedy- Client Services (the spear-tip of the IT department), the help desk, and other internal departments (power, scheduling, etc) also use remedy to manage their workflow, thought IT is Lion's share of the load.
- Remedy is great for housing much of the ITIL process in one System: if you want a complete package with every bell and every whistle, Remedy is for you
- Remedy breaks down the functions of ITIL into "consoles": separate areas of the System, that allow one to focus on Changes, Incidents, Assets, etc
- The interface is VERY compatible with legacy web browser tech: The last surviving member of the browser wars is still the favorite for remedy users: IE 11
The current context I interface with Remedy is in the helpdesk scenario: an End User submits a ticket, that ticket is routed to the appropriate department, I solve the problem, then close that ticket, all from Remedy. However, processes such as Asset Management are wholly unsuitable to the task, in my opinion, and even my Company uses SAP for the bulk of the purchasing management, thus making it necessary to use two tools, instead of having a central system for purchasing and inventory.
- I like the auto update, the information in the ticket when we respond to the email looks and feels really good. And there are many different sections like, Incident details, Client details, Status details, Assignment details, date details and so on, which you can go to directly instead of searching within the whole page.
- It is easy to implement our business requirements In BMC Remedy.
- On the integration side, the implementation of the REST api has simplified integration to other systems like Salesforce CRM and Apttus CPQ...
- Applications aligned to ITIL best practices with many of the most common needs covered out of the box.
- Integration between applications (Incident, problem and change management) makes it really easy create the relationships between these entities.
- Using the Action Requests (AR) system the application is highly customizable , assuming an appropriate level of knowledge of developing applications using AR System.
- Notification of new ticket, group notifications and individual are of great helps to support personnel. Depending on ticket volume notifications need to be tweaked with a simple config change to reduce the amount.
- Ticket visibility/tracking by management/group leads for trending or volume down to groups or individual.
- Ease of modification of any ITSM module on the needs of the company or group or between modules for any functional need.
- Ease of integration with most third party vendors and external databases.
- Ease of creating standalone BMC applications for application need within extremely tight schedules.
- Documenting issues relating to Incident, Work Orders, Changes, Assets is the best.
- Tracking issues and identifying trends based on this tracking is extremely helpful to companies to reduce lost time. Tracking can be across Incidents, Work Orders, Changes, and Assets.
- Capability of access data from other databases and treating that data as local.
- Its adherence to ITIL standards, almost to a fault.
- Ease of customization. If it is desired to veer off the ITIL standards, it is a simple task. This is both a pro and a con.
- Interfacing to third-party applications and the open API is a strong bonus.
- Creating custom standalone applications in the BMC environment is fast and easy. Applications built within BMC be integrated with any BMC ITSM application. Once these applications are built almost anybody can maintain them and make changes to them.
- Management of change requests including approvals, scheduling and completing the related tasks
- Ability for users to approve items via email and mobile devices
- Allow users to view data/reports easily
- For service request management, we use the SRM product which gives a common interface for our customers to request services. We are able to easily add the services to the catalog and configure how the created request will be routed to the appropriate group for delivery. This has shown to reduce churn in the request process and reduce cycle time in delivery.
- Incident management has show to be effective at routing cases to the appropriate support group for resolution.
- Change management has proven to provide the mechanism for a change control process for organizing those changes and having affected stakeholders discuss the changes before implementation. This has headed off potential service outages from collisions.
- Owner / other relationship values for hardware
- Great integration into the CMDB, Discovery, and other CI tools
- Audit log for hardware and configuration changes
- Incident reporting
- Incident reassignment
- Easy incident creation
- Incidents track
Not so easy if used as first point of entry to incidents from end users, I think usability has to be improved.
Is also good for a development team, as is easy to interact with third party software
We have in one of our companies used SMART IT and MYIT out of the box and it works great so far. We will be looking into Smart Reporting in the next few weeks to see what that can offer.
- Integrate well with other systems
- MYIT is a fantastic new interface for users
- I really enjoy SmartIT as the tool of choice for incident management
- Very robust system
- .Very customizable
- Based on ITIL so correct processes are there OOTB.
- Easy enough to implement with very little effort.
- Visibility of tickets is key. All support staff users can see tickets in consoles they have access to.
- Remedy is a tool which empowers the company to streamline processes and implement a framework, such as ITIL in the case of Remedy.
- Remedy integrates very well with many products so you can have incidents coming from many sources directly into Remedy.
- Service requests are something that Remedy does well. Once setup a user just has to answer some pre-determined questions and a work order/inicident/change request will automatically be created and populated based on the answers provided so business end users do not need a lot of training in order to open requests.
- Incident/problem management is a strong point in the Remedy system. Users can open problems directly from the incident ticket with the click of a button and it allows users to track incidents against problems fairly well.
- Rigid enforcement of processes rules and the ability to audit and report on them.
- Out of the box alignment with ITIL processes.
- Remedy is easy to customize to meet specific business needs.
We currently use it just for our IT for change, incident, work order, problem and asset management. However, we are shortly rolling out MyIT for non-IT users to be onboarded for self service applications.
We are able to use it to tie in with our service vendor for changes and incident management via web and email services.
- Enterprise level configuration and power. Very customizable and adapts very well to changes in our infrastructure.
- Flexible ITIL solution. With the ability to customize rules and configurations, we can make it work well with how we currently implement ITIL in our corporation.
- Self service management. By using Atrium Integrator and Atrium Orchestrator, it can help reduce the amount of workload on the IT Service Desk.
- Asset Management
- Integration with other software
- Easy to use interface
- Best aligned ITIL process - we were able to align our own process without much customization. Tight integration with all modules reduces the data redundancy and duplicate work.
- We can perform any kind of actions and intelligent work to be carried out by the tool such as validation, and enforcing the policies to be followed etc.
- You can develop any application on ARS platform which is an advantage.
We use BMC remedy across the organization. It basically coveres our service management portfolio activities:
- Working with customers and suppliers to reduce unnecessary ticket volumes
- Simplifying and standardizing processes, and rolling out best practices globally
- Streamlined organisation structure and operating model
- Deploying a toolset and supporting inventory that puts our organization ahead of the competition, and provides a faster, more automated journey for customers and radically reducing the cost base
- Can be easily implemented for huge organizations
- Scalability and simplification of processes
- Hassle free usage for end users
- Maintenance and operating costs are less
- Proactively managing service - through incident, problem, capacity, configuration and change management
- Continuously monitoring service - preventing failures and rapidly identifying those that do occur
- Reactively managing customer contact - ensuring resolution of incidents and service requests
- KCI - Keeping our customer fully informed at all times
Remedy ITSM Suite helps us with control. It has out-of-the-box functionalities and processes to aligns us with best practices for incidents, problems and change management. It also allows you to create new workflows, and new applications to match your organization’s procedures and needs.
We use BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite in two major ways:
- Support our final customer with Remedy
- Internal requests between departments: 1.Our customers enter an online request management page where they select the request type, and the request goes to the defined support group where they review and answer our customer needs. They document this in the same Remedy system to notify the customer. 2. When someone needs helps with computers and systems they open a request.
- ITIL alligned process
- Web based
- Easy to install, easy to confiugre
- Easily customizable to meet business needs
- Rock solid reliability and performance
- Streamlines processes and requirements to assure auditing compliance
- Standard ITIL compliant processes out of the box
- It's easy to customize the application as per enterprise need. Easy to integrate, and for sure its integration capability will improve with new versions.
- BMC documentation, site and support for various products has improved a lot over a couple of years. This really helps a customer to use most of the ITSM tool.
- We are really impressed with the new Smart IT and My IT tool. And we are planning to move to the new interface very soon. With the introduction of Smart reporting, it should answer most reporting related issues/questions.
BMC Helix ITSM (Remedy) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About BMC Helix ITSM (Remedy)
BMC Helix ITSM (Remedy) Integrations
BMC Helix ITSM (Remedy) Competitors
BMC Helix ITSM (Remedy) Technical Details