https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Ma/mJ/S2U09DBACACR.JPEGDialpad is a user-friendly telecom!Dialpad is used by most of our team, who don't use or don't need to use Salesforce. Dialpad is great for team inboxes. I, myself, am an operator for 4 departments' call lines. Dialpad makes it easy to see where a phone number was calling, so I know what to expect when I reach out to the user. Furthermore, Dialpad makes transferring calls EXTREMELY easy. The app is also buggy but a great extension, and an easy way to use Dialpad while out of the office and on my cell phone. I also like the "do not disturb" feature as well.,Call transfers. "Do not disturb" feature. Status.,Dialpad is often glitchy, and instead of ringing my app on my phone, it will ring my cell phone directly, leading to many confusing & awkward phone calls from users. Dialpad lacks an ability to leave a pre-recorded voicemail, like some of its competitors offer.,7,Dialpad was the first telecom platform I used and I found it very user-friendly.,FastCall,Slack, Facebook for BusinessDialpad is the only choice!Saintly Solutions has chosen Dialpad as our VOIP solution. Dialpad not only provides a great Voice-Over IP service, but also tightly integrates with Google's GSuite.,VOIP Integration with Google's GSuite Mobile App,Support is not as good as it could be,10,Simple BillingGreat Multi-device and multi-platform phone service that follows your modern work lifestyle!Worked well as a multi-device company phone system. Users could easily have their Dialpad extension on their desk phone along with on their cell phone, or desktop/laptop all sharing the same number so no matter which device they were near they would receive the call. Easy to send/receive texts with the company number as well by using the app on the cell phone or desktop. It resolved problems with people using their personal devices to send texts because it gave them way to use the company number. Integrated tightly with Gmail to offer click-to-call and easy follow-up from email messages to the ability to initiate calls. For inter-office communication or for mobile users the presence feature was useful to see if someone could take a call or if it would be better to just send a text. Call recording is a feature offered by Dialpad, but ultimately it was not adequate because of the way it was implemented. If functions more as a record-on-demand feature much like google voice did... instead of other systems (such as RingCentral or 8x8) that allow for the admin to control its usage it is left up to the user to enable thus complicating compliance.,Multi-platform Support (iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, Polycom, etc.) Unified messaging and calls, shared a single number among multiple devices seemlessly Gmail and Sales force Integration,Metrics could be improved for groups to show accurately if a call was answered vs. missed, weird bug where everyone in the group who didn't answer the call would skew the missed call stats even when the call was picked-up. Call Recording can't be completely controlled by the Admin, must be managed by the user leading to compliance issues in some situations Call Queue hold music option, for some reason only plays hold music if the group is already busy leaving most callers with just a ring-back tone instead of custom call music. Streamlined deployment for desk-phone users, updating firmware was a manual process and poorly documented. Struggled to get common Polycom phones provisioned properly w/o high-level technical knowledge.,8,The system worked well to allow BYOD for the company phone so that saved on the cost of buying desk phones or company cell phones. More features than internal PBX style system, and lower cost than competitors like Ring Central (about half the cost!) No messy contracts, upfront pricing and no games with cancellations if you change your mind... an important feature! Some more advanced enterprise grade features still in development, so not the best system for huge companies but great for small business!,,RingCentral, 8x8 Virtual Office,No,10,Yes,Yes, I had a problem with configuring a users extension so I called Dialpad to get help provisioning the Polycom phone. They answered immediately and stepped me through the process of adding the MAC address into their system and the technical details that needed to be programmed into phone for it to work properly. I was amazed I didn't have to wait for a long time on hold and I immediately got a support technician who was knowledgeable and resolved my issue quickly.,Making outgoing calls was very easy with click-to-dial App installation was quick and easy, SSO features with Google was nice and made user authentication simple and easy Texting was simple and easy,Call Recording setup was complex and difficult to implement Missed call metrics were confusing for groups Would be nice if users were automatically removed when deleted from GSuite instead of manually synced.,Yes,8Dialpad is a phone system that is moving forward and surging aheadWe are currently evaluating Dialpad's offering and it has been pretty impressive. The evaluating team members are scattered about the company, with the primary focus on our call center. The evaluation is to determine whether Dialpad can help us attain goals that we would like to reach with our phone system that we currently cannot do.,Develop features quickly - They develop new features really fast and even in the EAP program, the new features seem to work flawlessly. They integrate all the pieces of their product into one application, which is great. One set of credentials and one location to get the info and perform tasks. Licensing call center admins and supervisors is great because you are not paying more for a supervisor (who will actually be utilizing the call center features less often than the agents). They are all the same cost and it is up to you to set the permissions, which is simple to do. Cost is affordable/competitive. Their vision is the future of telecom. They do seem to have a handle on developing what is necessary in the present day with the latest technology.,The voice transcriptions are a work in progress. It seems to work better transcribing people calling in than me talking, but that might be due to background noise / high mic volume. We have had numerous laughs at the transcription of calls. It does understand Dialpad employee voices pretty well though. It is hit or miss, but I would have liked to have seen it at the level Google is currently at, which is still not perfect. There are some call center features that are critical to our business that are not developed yet (in the works), but I would have liked to have seen them in production already.,9,It costs much less than our current system It would save a lot of time from the admin perspective vs our current system, especially with us having to contact the vendor support,Vonage Business Cloud,OneNote, UberConference,The team I am working with (from Dialpad) for the POC has been exceptional. They are on top of things and respond very quickly. Anything we need, they would work to get the answers as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Top notch experience from my perspective.,10Great desktop software, terrible mobile appWe used Dialpad to allow us to have a business line that was flexible, VoIP, and easy to use. We didn't want a landline, and we also didn't want to spend a lot of money to have any additional equipment set up. The goal was to find a professional version of Google Voice that was reliable.,Dialpad's desktop software is generally pretty reliable. Calls are good quality, and it had a lot of features. Their call transcription option is really cool and it's very cool that they're offering progressive new tools like that. Their integration with UberConference (also their product) is great - it made conference calls easy to set up and send the info to all people involved. Having that as a back up as well was always nice to have. Their support team was generally pretty solid, even roping in engineers to give us a full analysis of why calls went bad.,Their mobile app is terrible, I mean really terrible. I can almost never make a call terrible. It is the major reason we stopped using the service.,6,Dialpad is a relatively cheap and easy way to spin up a business phone number. For that, I think it had an overall positive effect on the company because it gave a decent alternative to going deep into landline business solutions (which are expensive and complicated). Dialpad had a negative effect on my business because when I traveled or was OOO (which is sometimes frequently), I had to use my personal number to call anyone. It muddled the line between personal and work and created some disorganization in my process.,One of the most impressive office phone solutions with a couple of qwirksOur small organization uses Dialpad, for sales & support. It addresses the need for a portable office phone solution that follows its' users to access it from everywhere and comes with additional powerful features. It allows for easy management of call centers, departments, and keeping communication visually in one place with Google Email, Calendar & Docs as well as LinkedIn integration.,Follow-me office phone line Great app design both desktop and mobile Call summaries with automatic transcription and recordings if turned on Live instant voicemail transcription The ability to customize a IVR that fits us,No way to force text messages to forward or copy to the main phone line from agents' direct office lines. Imagine the end customer experience when they text and don't receive a response. Maybe it's possible to move an agents' number line into another account, but it hasn't ever been suggested after numerous requests. When using a carrier connection on mobile where it has you dial into random phone numbers, the end user of the call always receives your voice 2 seconds later. HD Calling, no way to choose before each call whether you want to use HD (good internet connection) or carrier (when you have a bad internet connection) on inbound calls.,7,The call transcription and recording help you review pieces of calls you may have unclear in your notes, a great time saver.,Grasshopper and Twilio VoiceDialpad...It Just Works!We have only been using Dialpad for our department. The primary use is for a technical support line that is separate from our other system and exceeds the reliability and flexibility of our other system. It allows us to communicate (take/make) calls from any device that is convenient for us. In that way, we can literally communicate via any device. The data usage is small enough that it does not impact our personal cell phone bills, thereby eliminating the need for corporate cell phones. The other side benefit is that Dialpad provides a backup for our primary system when it goes down or is unstable.,Softphone. By default, Dialpad does not require traditional telephone handsets. It is capable of running on all major desktop and mobile operating systems. Price. For the feature set, no one can beat Dialpad's offerings. I've tried and came back to Dialpad. Ease of use. I've tried to find better but came back to Dialpad. You don't need to be an expert in VOIP or anything phone related to get Dialpad operational.,Stability. Initially, I personally experienced high turnover at Dialpad, we changed contacts many times. Innovation. They were seriously innovating in 2016-2017, but then it slowed significantly later in 2017. The apps have not changed much since then. Price. Pricing has also stayed the same, and I think there is room for them to compete more on price.,8,It has made us more accessible to our customers. We can take support calls without being at our desks. Ease of use. We do not spend much time maintaining the system, it just works. Therefore time can be spent on other work. Dialpad's ability to send/receive SMS text messages means our users/customers can also text us instead of just calling.,AT&T Communications Outsourcing, Jive Hosted VoIP and Nextiva,Slack, Google Hangouts, ZoomDialpad - easy to useMy whole organization uses Dialpad. It allows the company to track call metrics and calls from our office numbers.,Allows me to text clients Connects easily with my iPhone,The ability to conference on the app on iPhone,8,I usually get good service when using Dialpad and it is rarely out of service so I've had a good experience using it when speaking with clients,Google Voice,Crelate Talent, Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud ServiceYou missed a call, it's from DialpadDialpad is used by our entire organization as an alternative to getting dedicated phones for our teams. It has several features that we love, including the ability to send and receive text messages from the app itself, quickly forward calls between departments, pick up where someone left off, and keep records of previous engagements with our customers. We also love the ability to mark yourself as "do not disturb", a feature that will forward incoming calls to other available team members. They have also recently released an AI function that will transcribe conversations for you real time, so you can spend more time having a conversation and less time worrying about taking notes.,Allows you to easily and reliably make phone calls, send and receive text messages, and communicate with your team Apps for mobile devices, as well as desktop (MacOS and PC), including the ability to handoff between your personal devices. Easy to use interface that allows you to visualize different departments and team members Reporting on calls made, missed, received, and abandoned,Constantly needing an update (could be seen as a pro) Need a STRONG internet connection for optimal results Support team isn't always quickly responsive All settings found on the internet instead of in-app - makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking around,9,Kept leads from slipping through the cracks Kept team accountable to inbound and outbound efforts Saved money compared to finding each team mate a phone and cell plan,Grasshopper,Slack, Intercom, Asana, Stripe, Unbounce, SurveyGizmo, Trello, Calendly, Zapier, ChameleonDialpad's Fast StartWe currently use Dialpad for all inbound and outbound calls made by Sales, Customer Success, and Support.,Easy to use interface on both my laptop and my cell Can transfer calls seamlessly between desktop and cell phone Transcribing VMs save a bunch of time,I'd love to see Dialpad match phone numbers to accounts and display some basic company level info,10,We're part of their Fast Start program so the ROI is insane. If you qualify it's a no-brainer.,RingCentral and Yesware
Dialpad

Dialpad Reviews

Dialpad

Filter 21 vetted Dialpad reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Marisa J. Levy profile photo
June 15, 2019

Dialpad is a user-friendly telecom!

• Call transfers.
  • "Do not disturb" feature.
  • Status.
  • Dialpad is often glitchy, and instead of ringing my app on my phone, it will ring my cell phone directly, leading to many confusing & awkward phone calls from users.
  • Dialpad lacks an ability to leave a pre-recorded voicemail, like some of its competitors offer.
Dialpad is great for teams! It allows multiple users access to one inbox, as an operator. This feature is lacking from some of its telecom competitors. Furthermore, Dialpad is great for folks who mostly work from home/from their cell phones, since they do have a mobile app. Lastly, Dialpad is great for businesses that may not have a CRM or a super powerful one, since it is, and can be used as, a standalone platform.
Read Marisa J. Levy's full review
Aaron StPierre profile photo
July 01, 2019

Dialpad is the only choice!

• VOIP
  • Integration with Google's GSuite
  • Mobile App
  • Support is not as good as it could be
If you are a small to medium size office looking for a solid VOIP provider. The tight integration with GSuite and the mobile app makes Dialpad a solid service!
Read Aaron StPierre's full review
Sam Shearin profile photo
February 27, 2019

• Multi-platform Support (iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, Polycom, etc.)
  • Unified messaging and calls, shared a single number among multiple devices seemlessly
  • Gmail and Sales force Integration
  • Metrics could be improved for groups to show accurately if a call was answered vs. missed, weird bug where everyone in the group who didn't answer the call would skew the missed call stats even when the call was picked-up.
  • Call Recording can't be completely controlled by the Admin, must be managed by the user leading to compliance issues in some situations
  • Call Queue hold music option, for some reason only plays hold music if the group is already busy leaving most callers with just a ring-back tone instead of custom call music.
  • Streamlined deployment for desk-phone users, updating firmware was a manual process and poorly documented. Struggled to get common Polycom phones provisioned properly w/o high-level technical knowledge.
[Dialpad] Works well for mobile workers, and hybrid environments where multiple devices are present such as cell-phone, laptop, and desk phone. Allows for high flexibility on reaching users on whatever device they happen to be using. Not best for large enterprise environment where auto-provisioning is needed for a large fleet of desk-phones or call recording archival is a must on every extension. Good for startups, or small business just starting out with new equipment or largely mobile/distributed workers. Innovative platform, based on the old google voice technology but with a twist for business and enterprise use. Great integration with G-Suite and other cloud software such as Salesforce. Messaging features that are simple and intuitive, much better than RingCentral's Glip/SMS manual switch, it automatically send the message in the format needed for the destination.
Read Sam Shearin's full review
May 10, 2019

Dialpad is a phone system that is moving forward and surging ahead

• Develop features quickly - They develop new features really fast and even in the EAP program, the new features seem to work flawlessly.
  • They integrate all the pieces of their product into one application, which is great. One set of credentials and one location to get the info and perform tasks.
  • Licensing call center admins and supervisors is great because you are not paying more for a supervisor (who will actually be utilizing the call center features less often than the agents). They are all the same cost and it is up to you to set the permissions, which is simple to do.
  • Cost is affordable/competitive.
  • Their vision is the future of telecom. They do seem to have a handle on developing what is necessary in the present day with the latest technology.
  • The voice transcriptions are a work in progress. It seems to work better transcribing people calling in than me talking, but that might be due to background noise / high mic volume. We have had numerous laughs at the transcription of calls. It does understand Dialpad employee voices pretty well though.
  • It is hit or miss, but I would have liked to have seen it at the level Google is currently at, which is still not perfect.
  • There are some call center features that are critical to our business that are not developed yet (in the works), but I would have liked to have seen them in production already.
+ Great product, works really well for every day use for standard employees.
+ Easy to admin, easy to use. I didn't have to assist any of our evaluation users after a 1 hour tutorial. They were able to pick it up on their own.
+ Mobile app is easy to use and easy to switch between computer app, phone and mobile app.
+ Many of their features are cutting edge and do work well.
- Call center features are not quite there yet, but hopefully before the end of 2019 they will be solid.
- Integration with custom Salesforce objects is a must for us and they aren't there yet. (projected 2019)
Scott Entwistle profile photo
January 08, 2019

Great desktop software, terrible mobile app

• Dialpad's desktop software is generally pretty reliable. Calls are good quality, and it had a lot of features.
  • Their call transcription option is really cool and it's very cool that they're offering progressive new tools like that.
  • Their integration with UberConference (also their product) is great - it made conference calls easy to set up and send the info to all people involved. Having that as a back up as well was always nice to have.
  • Their support team was generally pretty solid, even roping in engineers to give us a full analysis of why calls went bad.
  • Their mobile app is terrible, I mean really terrible. I can almost never make a call terrible. It is the major reason we stopped using the service.
Dialpad is a good solution if you only plan on using it as your desktop phone line. You also would, of course, need a solid internet connection (ethernet probably recommended) and a good headset to make use of it. If you really don't need anything but a phone while you're sitting at your desk, it's perfect.

If you're looking for a flexible solution that lets you jump around from mobile phone to computer, do NOT use them. I cannot recommend them for that, even though that's very much how they market themselves. Their mobile app is just terrible and if you read a lot of the reviews, you can see it's not a new thing and it hasn't changed in a long time. I had an error for probably at least the last half year we used them where it just wouldn't make a call. No matter what I did to troubleshoot, it still happened - reviews confirmed I was not alone!
Read Scott Entwistle's full review
Vincent Tobiaz profile photo
December 26, 2018

One of the most impressive office phone solutions with a couple of qwirks

• Follow-me office phone line
  • Great app design both desktop and mobile
  • Call summaries with automatic transcription and recordings if turned on
  • Live instant voicemail transcription
  • The ability to customize a IVR that fits us
  • No way to force text messages to forward or copy to the main phone line from agents' direct office lines. Imagine the end customer experience when they text and don't receive a response. Maybe it's possible to move an agents' number line into another account, but it hasn't ever been suggested after numerous requests.
  • When using a carrier connection on mobile where it has you dial into random phone numbers, the end user of the call always receives your voice 2 seconds later.
  • HD Calling, no way to choose before each call whether you want to use HD (good internet connection) or carrier (when you have a bad internet connection) on inbound calls.
This is a business line for small offices, distributed teams that work from home, and large corporations.
Read Vincent Tobiaz's full review
January 15, 2019

Dialpad...It Just Works!

• Softphone. By default, Dialpad does not require traditional telephone handsets. It is capable of running on all major desktop and mobile operating systems.
  • Price. For the feature set, no one can beat Dialpad's offerings. I've tried and came back to Dialpad.
  • Ease of use. I've tried to find better but came back to Dialpad. You don't need to be an expert in VOIP or anything phone related to get Dialpad operational.
  • Stability. Initially, I personally experienced high turnover at Dialpad, we changed contacts many times.
  • Innovation. They were seriously innovating in 2016-2017, but then it slowed significantly later in 2017. The apps have not changed much since then.
  • Price. Pricing has also stayed the same, and I think there is room for them to compete more on price.
Dialpad is especially well suited for the cases where you need 1-2 extra lines for a project. It doesn't interfere with your existing system and is almost trivial to deploy.

I would go so far as to say it is also a good replacement for corporate cell phones. The data used is minimal, so for the typical user, there will not be a significant impact on a cell phone bill.
September 14, 2018

Dialpad - easy to use

• Allows me to text clients
  • Connects easily with my iPhone
  • The ability to conference on the app on iPhone
Dialpad is well suited for a company of a size of 20. I am not sure how well it would do with larger companies.
Austin Grammon profile photo
August 14, 2018

You missed a call, it's from Dialpad

• Allows you to easily and reliably make phone calls, send and receive text messages, and communicate with your team
  • Apps for mobile devices, as well as desktop (MacOS and PC), including the ability to handoff between your personal devices.
  • Easy to use interface that allows you to visualize different departments and team members
  • Reporting on calls made, missed, received, and abandoned
  • Constantly needing an update (could be seen as a pro)
  • Need a STRONG internet connection for optimal results
  • Support team isn't always quickly responsive
  • All settings found on the internet instead of in-app - makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking around
Dialpad is well suited for small to medium sized teams that need to give their team members access to a corporate line, or each other's conversations. It also works well for teams that are totally remotely located by allowing access points from anywhere (hosted in the cloud). It would be less appropriate for an enterprise status company that has many, many team mates as things get a little clunky the more users that are actively taking advantage of the system. We've also found that there is a definite need for a strong internet connection, otherwise dropped calls and choppy audio creep up.
Read Austin Grammon's full review
May 26, 2018

Dialpad's Fast Start

• Easy to use interface on both my laptop and my cell
  • Can transfer calls seamlessly between desktop and cell phone
  • Transcribing VMs save a bunch of time
  • I'd love to see Dialpad match phone numbers to accounts and display some basic company level info
This tool is simple enough for small startups but has all the tools you'll ever need as you scale. If you're worried about having to switch phone systems then go with Dialpad.

About Dialpad

Dialpad is a cloud communications platform that provides users with integrated voice, video, and messaging capabilities from one unified interface. It integrates with the vendor's web conferencing product, UberConference, as well as with G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Okta, and Zendesk.

Dialpad Technical Details