https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ma/mJ/S2U09DBACACR.JPEGGreat desktop software, terrible mobile appWe used Dialpad to allow us to have a business line that was flexible, VoIP, and easy to use. We didn't want a landline, and we also didn't want to spend a lot of money to have any additional equipment set up. The goal was to find a professional version of Google Voice that was reliable.,Dialpad's desktop software is generally pretty reliable. Calls are good quality, and it had a lot of features. Their call transcription option is really cool and it's very cool that they're offering progressive new tools like that. Their integration with UberConference (also their product) is great - it made conference calls easy to set up and send the info to all people involved. Having that as a back up as well was always nice to have. Their support team was generally pretty solid, even roping in engineers to give us a full analysis of why calls went bad.,Their mobile app is terrible, I mean really terrible. I can almost never make a call terrible. It is the major reason we stopped using the service.,6,Dialpad is a relatively cheap and easy way to spin up a business phone number. For that, I think it had an overall positive effect on the company because it gave a decent alternative to going deep into landline business solutions (which are expensive and complicated). Dialpad had a negative effect on my business because when I traveled or was OOO (which is sometimes frequently), I had to use my personal number to call anyone. It muddled the line between personal and work and created some disorganization in my process.,One of the most impressive office phone solutions with a couple of qwirksOur small organization uses Dialpad, for sales & support. It addresses the need for a portable office phone solution that follows its' users to access it from everywhere and comes with additional powerful features. It allows for easy management of call centers, departments, and keeping communication visually in one place with Google Email, Calendar & Docs as well as LinkedIn integration.,Follow-me office phone line Great app design both desktop and mobile Call summaries with automatic transcription and recordings if turned on Live instant voicemail transcription The ability to customize a IVR that fits us,No way to force text messages to forward or copy to the main phone line from agents' direct office lines. Imagine the end customer experience when they text and don't receive a response. Maybe it's possible to move an agents' number line into another account, but it hasn't ever been suggested after numerous requests. When using a carrier connection on mobile where it has you dial into random phone numbers, the end user of the call always receives your voice 2 seconds later. HD Calling, no way to choose before each call whether you want to use HD (good internet connection) or carrier (when you have a bad internet connection) on inbound calls.,7,The call transcription and recording help you review pieces of calls you may have unclear in your notes, a great time saver.,Grasshopper and Twilio VoiceYou missed a call, it's from DialpadDialpad is used by our entire organization as an alternative to getting dedicated phones for our teams. It has several features that we love, including the ability to send and receive text messages from the app itself, quickly forward calls between departments, pick up where someone left off, and keep records of previous engagements with our customers. We also love the ability to mark yourself as "do not disturb", a feature that will forward incoming calls to other available team members. They have also recently released an AI function that will transcribe conversations for you real time, so you can spend more time having a conversation and less time worrying about taking notes.,Allows you to easily and reliably make phone calls, send and receive text messages, and communicate with your team Apps for mobile devices, as well as desktop (MacOS and PC), including the ability to handoff between your personal devices. Easy to use interface that allows you to visualize different departments and team members Reporting on calls made, missed, received, and abandoned,Constantly needing an update (could be seen as a pro) Need a STRONG internet connection for optimal results Support team isn't always quickly responsive All settings found on the internet instead of in-app - makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking around,9,Kept leads from slipping through the cracks Kept team accountable to inbound and outbound efforts Saved money compared to finding each team mate a phone and cell plan,Grasshopper,Slack, Intercom, Asana, Stripe, Unbounce, SurveyGizmo, Trello, Calendly, Zapier, ChameleonDialpad...It Just Works!We have only been using Dialpad for our department. The primary use is for a technical support line that is separate from our other system and exceeds the reliability and flexibility of our other system. It allows us to communicate (take/make) calls from any device that is convenient for us. In that way, we can literally communicate via any device. The data usage is small enough that it does not impact our personal cell phone bills, thereby eliminating the need for corporate cell phones. The other side benefit is that Dialpad provides a backup for our primary system when it goes down or is unstable.,Softphone. By default, Dialpad does not require traditional telephone handsets. It is capable of running on all major desktop and mobile operating systems. Price. For the feature set, no one can beat Dialpad's offerings. I've tried and came back to Dialpad. Ease of use. I've tried to find better but came back to Dialpad. You don't need to be an expert in VOIP or anything phone related to get Dialpad operational.,Stability. Initially, I personally experienced high turnover at Dialpad, we changed contacts many times. Innovation. They were seriously innovating in 2016-2017, but then it slowed significantly later in 2017. The apps have not changed much since then. Price. Pricing has also stayed the same, and I think there is room for them to compete more on price.,8,It has made us more accessible to our customers. We can take support calls without being at our desks. Ease of use. We do not spend much time maintaining the system, it just works. Therefore time can be spent on other work. Dialpad's ability to send/receive SMS text messages means our users/customers can also text us instead of just calling.,AT&T Communications Outsourcing, Jive Hosted VoIP and Nextiva,Slack, Google Hangouts, ZoomDialpad - easy to useMy whole organization uses Dialpad. It allows the company to track call metrics and calls from our office numbers.,Allows me to text clients Connects easily with my iPhone,The ability to conference on the app on iPhone,8,I usually get good service when using Dialpad and it is rarely out of service so I've had a good experience using it when speaking with clients,Google Voice,Crelate Talent, Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service
Dialpad

Dialpad Reviews

Dialpad
Filter 11 vetted Dialpad reviews and ratings

Scott Entwistle profile photo
January 08, 2019

Dialpad Review: "Great desktop software, terrible mobile app"

• Dialpad's desktop software is generally pretty reliable. Calls are good quality, and it had a lot of features.
  • Their call transcription option is really cool and it's very cool that they're offering progressive new tools like that.
  • Their integration with UberConference (also their product) is great - it made conference calls easy to set up and send the info to all people involved. Having that as a back up as well was always nice to have.
  • Their support team was generally pretty solid, even roping in engineers to give us a full analysis of why calls went bad.
  • Their mobile app is terrible, I mean really terrible. I can almost never make a call terrible. It is the major reason we stopped using the service.
Dialpad is a good solution if you only plan on using it as your desktop phone line. You also would, of course, need a solid internet connection (ethernet probably recommended) and a good headset to make use of it. If you really don't need anything but a phone while you're sitting at your desk, it's perfect.

If you're looking for a flexible solution that lets you jump around from mobile phone to computer, do NOT use them. I cannot recommend them for that, even though that's very much how they market themselves. Their mobile app is just terrible and if you read a lot of the reviews, you can see it's not a new thing and it hasn't changed in a long time. I had an error for probably at least the last half year we used them where it just wouldn't make a call. No matter what I did to troubleshoot, it still happened - reviews confirmed I was not alone!
Read Scott Entwistle's full review
Vincent Tobiaz profile photo
December 26, 2018

Dialpad Review: "One of the most impressive office phone solutions with a couple of qwirks"

• Follow-me office phone line
  • Great app design both desktop and mobile
  • Call summaries with automatic transcription and recordings if turned on
  • Live instant voicemail transcription
  • The ability to customize a IVR that fits us
  • No way to force text messages to forward or copy to the main phone line from agents' direct office lines. Imagine the end customer experience when they text and don't receive a response. Maybe it's possible to move an agents' number line into another account, but it hasn't ever been suggested after numerous requests.
  • When using a carrier connection on mobile where it has you dial into random phone numbers, the end user of the call always receives your voice 2 seconds later.
  • HD Calling, no way to choose before each call whether you want to use HD (good internet connection) or carrier (when you have a bad internet connection) on inbound calls.
This is a business line for small offices, distributed teams that work from home, and large corporations.
Read Vincent Tobiaz's full review
Austin Grammon profile photo
August 14, 2018

User Review: "You missed a call, it's from Dialpad"

• Allows you to easily and reliably make phone calls, send and receive text messages, and communicate with your team
  • Apps for mobile devices, as well as desktop (MacOS and PC), including the ability to handoff between your personal devices.
  • Easy to use interface that allows you to visualize different departments and team members
  • Reporting on calls made, missed, received, and abandoned
  • Constantly needing an update (could be seen as a pro)
  • Need a STRONG internet connection for optimal results
  • Support team isn't always quickly responsive
  • All settings found on the internet instead of in-app - makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking around
Dialpad is well suited for small to medium sized teams that need to give their team members access to a corporate line, or each other's conversations. It also works well for teams that are totally remotely located by allowing access points from anywhere (hosted in the cloud). It would be less appropriate for an enterprise status company that has many, many team mates as things get a little clunky the more users that are actively taking advantage of the system. We've also found that there is a definite need for a strong internet connection, otherwise dropped calls and choppy audio creep up.
Read Austin Grammon's full review
January 15, 2019

User Review: "Dialpad...It Just Works!"

• Softphone. By default, Dialpad does not require traditional telephone handsets. It is capable of running on all major desktop and mobile operating systems.
  • Price. For the feature set, no one can beat Dialpad's offerings. I've tried and came back to Dialpad.
  • Ease of use. I've tried to find better but came back to Dialpad. You don't need to be an expert in VOIP or anything phone related to get Dialpad operational.
  • Stability. Initially, I personally experienced high turnover at Dialpad, we changed contacts many times.
  • Innovation. They were seriously innovating in 2016-2017, but then it slowed significantly later in 2017. The apps have not changed much since then.
  • Price. Pricing has also stayed the same, and I think there is room for them to compete more on price.
Dialpad is especially well suited for the cases where you need 1-2 extra lines for a project. It doesn't interfere with your existing system and is almost trivial to deploy.

I would go so far as to say it is also a good replacement for corporate cell phones. The data used is minimal, so for the typical user, there will not be a significant impact on a cell phone bill.
September 14, 2018

User Review: "Dialpad - easy to use"

• Allows me to text clients
  • Connects easily with my iPhone
  • The ability to conference on the app on iPhone
Dialpad is well suited for a company of a size of 20. I am not sure how well it would do with larger companies.
May 26, 2018

User Review: "Dialpad's Fast Start"

We currently use Dialpad for all inbound and outbound calls made by Sales, Customer Success, and Support.
  • Easy to use interface on both my laptop and my cell
  • Can transfer calls seamlessly between desktop and cell phone
  • Transcribing VMs save a bunch of time
  • I'd love to see Dialpad match phone numbers to accounts and display some basic company level info
This tool is simple enough for small startups but has all the tools you'll ever need as you scale. If you're worried about having to switch phone systems then go with Dialpad.

Dialpad Scorecard Summary

About Dialpad

Dialpad is a cloud communications platform that provides users with integrated voice, video, and messaging capabilities from one unified interface. It integrates with the vendor's web conferencing product, UberConference, as well as with G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Okta, and Zendesk.

Dialpad Technical Details