EMS Software Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Mike Kraiman profile photo

Alternatives Considered

As I previously hinted, our campus chose EMS Software because we felt it better met our needs in terms of flexibility for both academic and non-academic scheduling and contained superior functionality and ease of use for a variety of user types (pro staff, faculty, students, community members, etc.). Another factor that prevailed was the positive attitude of EMS personnel and willingness to provide expanded answers to followup questions during the evaluation process. Our selection team felt very confident we would have a good, honest working relationship with the vendor.
Read Mike Kraiman's full review
Nicholas Rohde profile photo
September 03, 2019

EMS Software

Alternatives Considered

EMS is very similar in many ways, but I find EMS to be a much more accessible tool, especially for our rotating student staff that does not generally have experience using event management software like this. I can have them be doing independent work within the first few hours.
Read Nicholas Rohde's full review
Dana Mims profile photo

Alternatives Considered

EMS is much more advanced that R25 and allows more reporting capabilities. Communications with services providers is also leaps and bounds above their capabilities as well. EMS is considered to be the industry leader and standard for most higher-ed institutions.
Read Dana Mims's full review
Khadra Abdulle profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I can’t remember the name but I do remember it was useless. It did basic bookings without anything else. For example - could not generate reports or even show booking history. Once the bookings were deleted by mistake, we could not retrieve it since there was no booking or reservation number.
Read Khadra Abdulle's full review
Shalom Murphy profile photo

Alternatives Considered

We were able to test using 25Live for space and event management. What EMS has over every product is the ability to manage an event from start to finish. Its reporting capabilities are FAR beyond any other product we have seen. You have the ability to run very smart canned reports and build your own reports to fit your needs. You do not have to wait for someone to build it for you.
Read Shalom Murphy's full review
Cheryl Choat-Cobb profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Our former provider was RESS. It was sufficient, but hard to use, difficult to navigate and not user friendly to the web-based client. Prior to that I used a Sharepoint calendar, which had definite limitations and no access from outsiders, I was the one who had to put in every single reservation.
Read Cheryl Choat-Cobb's full review
Corrie Svehla profile photo
August 25, 2019

EMS the Easy Way

Alternatives Considered

We looked at a few other tools for academic and events but found that EMS is a more comprehensive tool that covers both Events and Academics very well.
Read Corrie Svehla's full review
Paul Tedder profile photo

• Rock Room
By Rock Room I mean Rock Room Management, a plugin for RockRMS. We transitioned to this 3 months ago. It is not perfect, but it fits into our environment, the price is miniscule compared to EMS and has an open source capability which allows us to do the edits/changes that we want. We will not be returning to EMS.
Read Paul Tedder's full review
Holly Hermanas profile photo
August 20, 2019

Rating EMS

Alternatives Considered

I did not choose EMS, I came in after it was chosen for our company but it has been very positive after working out the kinks of choosing new software. I think EMS is User friendly and there are always ways to make things better. Always someone there to help troubleshoot a problem.
Read Holly Hermanas's full review

Alternatives Considered

EMS was the best choice for us because the other ones either were outdated or they were focused on academics or events. EMS was a good fit for us at the time because we felt that it met both the needs of the Events Office as well as the academic office.

Alternatives Considered

You do not have listed Coursedog or Section as alternative products. Section by Digarc has more functionality than EMS for academic scheduling. And, Coursedog is far superior to EMS for academic scheduling. Both applications integrate better with banner and have better analytic suites for academic schedule planning.

Alternatives Considered

EMS was/is a step-up from R25 when we began to transition from the old software to the new in 2011. Ad Astra was one which I (believe I) liked but as a whole to best serve campus - EMS was the best for both Events/Academics. From what I recall, Ad Astra didn't check the boxes for the Events side.
September 03, 2019

EMS Easy

Alternatives Considered

We have been an EMS customer for so long we have not looked at any competitors.

Alternatives Considered

Agilquest was our old system. EMS provided a better solution and easier connectivity with our mobile application.
Peggy Riann Aud profile photo
January 29, 2019

EMS Rocks!

Alternatives Considered

At a previous place of employment I used a different software, I believe it was called Room Tracker. Whatever it was, it did not hold a candle to what EMS can do. I tried to get the owners to switch to EMS, but no luck.
The Room Tracker had a much different layout and feel; it was not as user friendly.
Read Peggy Riann Aud's full review

About EMS Software

EMS Software is an enterprise space management, event, class and resource scheduling application acquired and now supported by Accruent in June 2018.

EMS Software Technical Details