Need a Hand?

April 21, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Watson Assistant, and make your voice heard!

Lite

per month

Enterprise

Contact for pricing

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.ibm.com/cloud/watson…

What is IBM Watson Assistant?

IBM Watson Assistant is an AI-powered virtual agent designed to provide customers with fast, consistent and accurate answers across any messaging platform, application, device or channel. Using artificial intelligence and natural language processing, Watson Assistant learns from customer conversations, improving its ability to resolve issues the first time while removing the frustration of long wait times, tedious searches and unhelpful chatbots. Most chatbots try to mimic human interactions, frustrating customers when a misunderstanding arises.

Watson Assistant is more than a chatbot. It knows when to search for an answer from a knowledge base, when to ask for clarity and when to direct users to a human agent for more assistance. And since it can be deployed in any cloud or on-premises environment – smarter AI is available wherever the user needs it.

IBM Watson Assistant Video

IBM Watson Assistant Competitors

IBM Watson Assistant Technical Details

What is IBM Watson Assistant?

IBM offers Watson Assistant, an AI and natural language driven chatbot designed to allow anyone to deploy a chatbot in an app or website.

How much does IBM Watson Assistant cost?

IBM Watson Assistant starts at $0.

What is IBM Watson Assistant's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability and Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.8.

Who uses IBM Watson Assistant?

The most common users of IBM Watson Assistant are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

I use IBM Watson Assistant to embed its artificial intelligence (AI) a,d virtual assistant (VA) into my software and build more applications much faster. The product makes it a seamless process to create smart FAQs for my customers and provides support for repeated questions.
  • Access to IBM Watson Assistant AI is delivered through the IBM Cloud.
  • Use of IBM Watson Assistant AI, machine learning and natural language understanding.
  • Users interact with the application through a variety of interfaces, including voice and touch.
  • More support on API service is required.
  • Features should be added for training and modifications of model.
  • The interface can feel a bit daunting.
It is best suited for automotive and hospitality vertical industries and less appropriate for advanced virtual assistant scenarios.
Because it enables developers to include artificial intelligence and a virtual assistant in their product and brand the assistant as their own.
We use IBM Watson Assistant for building a chat interface and creating a meaningful experience with its web chat features. IBM Watson Assistant also helped us in identifying automatically topics from pre-existing chat logs with embedded machine learning. Further IBM Watson Assistant's natural language understanding features power underlying language models and helped us to build smarter assistants as per business requirements. Also, it's out of box integration capabilities helped us to connect to any customer service platform and gave us the ability to create customized connections to the platform.
  • Integration Capabilities which helps users to connect to any content.
  • AI recommendation for automatically understanding new topics for customers.
  • Understanding Language and extending support to multiple language.
  • Not easy to use, complex handling.
  • Can strengthen its capability for education sector as well.
  • More deeper integration to cater larger connect and customers.
IBM Watson Assistant is well suited for banking and financial institutions as it helps employees have more enriching interactions with clients because they have time to dedicate to providing the best possible customer experience. The multi-lingual support helps users to use this product globally in multiple languages.

Some users may face challenges in terms of ease to use its complex UI sometimes makes it confusing for users to connect to the right data.
Because of its integration and robust AI features.
Maya Galal | TrustRadius Reviewer
A good tool to create chatbots. Easy to use, develop and deploy. It needs very little programming knowledge to create a formal chatbot, as it has most of the things that are frequently or commonly needed. It has vast customization options available which help you in creating bots that meet your needs. It has built-in tools like conversation/translation that saves time in making the dialogs and intents. Integrations with various services and other IBM tools. Strong NLP and ML engine. AI computation is best as compared to other tools in the market. Gets linked with various other devices using the same account.
  • Intelligent with Robust Advanced AI and Natural Language Processing
  • No/Low-coding knowledge required
  • Increase Customer Satisfaction Score
  • Reduce Customer Serving Operational Costs
  • Easy-to-use, Easy Implementation and Interface
  • Rapidly learning and answering customers inquiries in very short-time.
  • The Interface was the worst for me and it need some improvements to feel like 2022.
  • Engage with the community to encourage expert developers to gather somewhere so business-like us hire them.
  • Pricing needs to be decreased a little bit.
  • The onboarding guidance needs to be improved with a clear and more detailed documentation to help starters find their way without turning to Google.
It's indeed a great chatbot tool. You can implement it into various other services of your own but will have to buy the license for each from IBM. There is very little tutorial and documentation available, so most of the time you may need to do research for a new feature to be implemented, else there are many pre-made intents and dialogues that is more than enough to fulfil your daily needs.
Because of the business value it added to our organization, and for our clients too through increasing the customer satisfaction score to a never reached before the score and we were all surprised by how AI and ML capabilities are truly essential for customer service and for any kind of communication with customers anyway.
Our team doesn't need to do hard work to find small cases to resolve it. Whenever you needed it will help you to find it. Our team builds more applications by using IBM Watson Assistant effectively. I would like to say thank you IBM team please keep going with good work so that the industry and IBM will rock in the future.
  • For example, if you want to make a simple chatbot for an IT service desk, you focus on 3 things; scope, design, and integration. The tutorials are available and it is very easy to do. You just use the API and zip zap zoom, it is done.
  • The API features are very useful, also the intent recommendation is very useful and makes it the perfect tool.
  • It is too easy to make your own personalized chatbot.
  • I did not recognize any potential issues coming up while making a chatbot, but I may suggest including a feature where we can save responses to particular questions in a Document, eg Word, PDF, or spreadsheet. Apart from this concern, I had a great experience while working on this platform.
To be honest, I don't dislike anything about IBM Watson Assistant. It's fast, easy to use, and super accurate. Since I took the IBM professional data scientist certificate, this is the best tool I have ever used!
The best was the amount of ease with which the process is available. It is very easy to understand and IBM has done an exceptional job in making it a step-by-step process.
Umang Mehta | TrustRadius Reviewer
IBM Watson Assistant has been a wonderful tool when it comes to using technologies to which you have to pay individually to get access. AI, and ML by using Python have been a major breakthrough for me in practicing data science in particular. There are so many other options too that can be used on the IBM Watson platform.
  • AI
  • ML
  • Data Analytics
  • Business Analytics
  • Python scripting
  • UI/UX
  • Jupyter notebook
So basically I have been using Jupyter Notebook for quite a long time for the projects that I have done, for example, House pricing of Navi Mumbai, but the challenge that I faced while using it on a local platform was the library which was certainly unavailable for quite a few scenarios, but while using Juypter Notebook in IBM Watson I didn't face such a problem which made my work more efficient.
The rating has been given purely based on user experience, even though I loved using IBM Watson the glitches can't be ignored, for example, delays in compilation, complications while using it online, and rectifying errors while scripts. The pleasure of using IBM Watson has been immense and I'm surely going to recommend it to as many people as I can.
This is an AI-based assistant program. This gives too many functions to a customer like a chatbot. You can train the chatbot according to your needs. If you want any graphical output of your given input then you can use this. If you want to just use and check the functionalities then you can try a complimentary trial of 30 days.
  • Very fast while responding by chat bot.
  • No need to write any code to create any functionality.
  • Very good at customer support.
  • Need to improve the AI algorithms of response.
  • They should give an introduction initially that how to use this whole system.
I have just used this platform for my personal use. I have tested some things on this platform and I observe that there are some lacks in the chatbot system that sometimes the AI feature of the IBM Watson Assistant is not working correctly.
I'm giving this rating because it is not perfect but good, it needs improvement. It needs attention in the AI algorithms part. After fixing some issues this would be game-changing for IBM Watson Assistant.
Rupesh Shaw | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our company it is used as AI chatbot to help the organization in different aspects understanding the user queries and to collect the most relevant details . My company gets intent classification with the help to enhance things in terms of user credibility and this helps a lot.This helps our organization to build better virtual Agents for the convenience of my company customers and visualization and analysis the requirements for critical and dynamical aspects . My company performance has improved.
  • Analyzes the data for our company
  • Understand the aspect of chatting user
  • Try to meet the requirements of users
  • Does the work of most work force
  • Need more capability to understand the user
  • There should be featured to upload and capture responses from the user
  • Need to improve dashboard assistant
  • Improve auto learning function
  • Need to reduce monthly cost
In terms of protection against the organization it is good and well. In a scenario where the need to understand customer queries and concern, it is very good the adaption part is also good for the product. It helps for e-commerce supplies and sales..multi tasking feature is also good design and well prepared.
I am giving this rating because it is well designed and in good manner well planned chat bot to understand the every aspect of need of organisation and to keep data privacy it maintains the high levels of security in terms of collecting the queries and in terms of every dynamic features..
IBM Watson Assistant is a very organized tool that helps our team to build and deploy chatbots for our clients. IBM Watson Assistant is flexible and provides us seamless step-by-step work process. It is very easy to use and deploy, we only have to work with APIs rest of IBM Watson Assistant will take care of all things.
  • Chat Bot Development.
  • Virtual Assistants.
  • Easy to use program.
  • Interface need to improve.
  • Need to save response and export them in excel.
Well in my experience, IBM Watson Assistant is the best to create automated chatbots, as our team was struggling with the selection of tools to create virtual assistants then we came to know about IBM Watson Assistant, it is a wonderful tool and will help you to deploy your customize chatbots.
I'm rating IBM Watson Assistant 10 out of 10 as it deserves because of its wonderful features.
Rohan Rana | TrustRadius Reviewer
IBM Watson is a great AI conversational platform which is easy to have a conversation with and provides the customer a very fast and accurate response and can be used in any device whether it's a phone, desktop or a tablet as it also learns from customer to make it easy for the future to solve a case which is an amazing feature and it also has multiple integrations which consists of Salesforce as well.
  • Learning from the Customers to provide future solution.
  • Answers are very accurate according to user request.
  • Quick Response.
  • Removing long time wait.
  • Pricing is a bit higher than others.
  • User Interface isn't that great
  • Can be tough to troubleshoot if an error occurs.
It can be really easy to process real time monitoring, and integration with Salesforce is very useful. It will be more useful if integrations like What's App and Telegram is available as they are the most used platforms for texting. IBM Watson can be used to accurately find out about the problem which the user is facing.
As IBM Overall is an amazing Chat Bot which provides an accurate solution but I took down 2 stars because of the pricing mentioned as it is really high according to the market but the NLP and AI of the chat bot is better than other chat bots in the Industry.
faizan shaikh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our startup named ATRIS (Auto Transcribe Intelligent and Smart) gives many features to users with the core feature being automatic transcribe of Minutes of Meetings. We give a complete report including a summary type of the meeting important keyword date and deadlines, the tone of the meetings. Apart from the meeting we also managed services for individual customers and custom supports for like doctor-patient conversations. To give our users easy accessibility to what feature they want to use we implemented IBM Watson Assistant. It not only takes users to where they need it but also helps with FAQs and other functionalities.
  • Manage FAQs of the customers
  • No code integration of a cool ChatBot
  • Unique Customer experience with its adaptive intelligence
  • Super easy to use
  • Can add different language supports
  • UI can be improved
  • Custom experience for the customers can be enhanced
To the best of my knowledge, IBM Watson is best for the software intended for business to customer products. As customers can be of any type there are some that can figure out things and some need help with accessing your website or software. For the business-to-business products, I think the ChatBot would be unnecessary as the employee are mostly trained.
The UI can be improved but it's good enough for basic functionality and It can be easily integrated with the different projects so I would say the usability of IBM Watson Assistant is as good as integration. It is rich in multiple features but at the same time, it is easy to access and control different features.
The AI chatbot of IBM Watson Assistant has helped my organization by understanding questions, searching for the best answers, and completing my organization’s intended action. My company gets intent classification and entity recognition to understand customers in context better and transfer them to a human agent as per my organization's preference using IBM Watson Assistant. Customer experience integrations of IBM Watson Assistant have extended and enhanced my organization's current customer service applications and resources. IBM Watson Assistant permits my organization to build better virtual agents for the convenience of my company's customers. Visualization and analysis of critical metrics and KPIs have helped my organization to understand topics to facilitate customers' expectations. My company has protected customer data through large, complex, and data-sensitive organizations with the security and scalability capabilities of IBM Watson Assistant. My company's performance has improved using IBM Watson Assistant.
  • Integrations of my organization's customer experience
  • Protection of my organization's customers' and data with security and scalability
  • Understanding of our customers' conversations
  • Reduce monthly cost of Plus pricing of IBM Watson Assistant
  • Improve dashboard of IBM Watson Assistant
  • Improve auto-learning function of IBM Watson Assistant
We are satisfied with the web-chat, phone, and SMS integration and custom channel API features of IBM Watson Assistant. IBM Watson Assistant is well suited for my organization for analysis with problem identification. My organization's reputation and acceptance of customers have been increased for customer service desk integrations of IBM Watson Assistant. The functionality of IBM Watson Assistant has impressed my organization greatly. On the contrary, the session timeout limit of IBM Watson Assistant is 24 hours in plus pricing, which is a disappointing issue for my organization. IBM Watson Assistant should extend the session timeout limit in the plus pricing package. My organization is unhappy due to the absence of exporting chat logs facility plus the pricing of IBM Watson Assistant.
Due to smooth functionality and user-friendly facilities, my organization has rated 9 out of 10 for IBM Watson Assistant. Quick loading of IBM Watson Assistant and providing better and superior service to my organization's customers, my organization's growth has been expanded with positive acceleration. The protection and safe storage of my organization's and customers' data by IBM Watson Assistant has enhanced our user experience with a cheerful appearance.
Manish Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was building a tool (Cloudbot) to manage company's cloud spend. The primary use-case was to do analysis on data from multiple data sources, with recommendations, and create dashboards to be consumed by Business Group Engineering teams. To provide assistant from the tool itself, we wanted to build a chatbot. IBM Watson Assistant helped us build one which was very accurate with all its AI capabilities. We did had to add few data points around QnA but a lot of stuff, it was able to do on its own. For a lean FinOps teams like us, handling cost optimisation or cost related queries/questions from approximately 10k engineers would have been a nightmare without Watson Assistant.
  • No code, very easy documentation and with OOTB intergrations
  • The intent recommendation and adaptive recommendation/reasoning system made it very useful
  • API features are awesome!
  • Definitely need capability to do updates of existing ML models.
  • Documentation is limited. Had to do training on Coursera for getting team to learn dialog skills. Learning curve was definitely there which impacted our GTM.
  • There was no feature to upload or capture responses from users in the artifact form.
Well suited for Chatbots to be built for something like Human Resources or workforce intelligence. Also it can be helpful in e-Commerce with its ML algorithms to capture conversation insights and do forecasting of supply/demand of products.
Can't think specifically of a use-case where it will be less appropriate.
I think it's a solid tool with some scope of improvement.
Mohammad Rashid Raza | TrustRadius Reviewer
Using IBM Watson Assistant we have developed our ChatBot for instant messaging. Our platform is an eCommerce platform and sells products all over the world, hence we have trained the assistant for multiple languages so users from different language preferences can interact and get the information instantly. It helps us to lower the manpower and make our instant message system awesome.
  • Multitasking is easy
  • Data privacy
  • Natural language processing and understand or train the customer query
  • Make AI more smarter
As an organization of a web portal if someone wants to implement a ChatBot then IBM Watson Assistant is the best tool that is beyond the ChatBot and helps your business and customer a lot for your product and services.
Overall IBM watson assistant is a great implementation of the ChatBot.
April 21, 2022

Need a Hand?

Uses a great AI system to understand customers' queries, which saves time. Easily compatible with all popular applications. IBM Watson Assistant removes the long queue wait times that can be frustrating for customers. It has a great speech-to-text option as well. The NLP (natural language processing) works like a charm. Also, the smart AI is available where you would like for it to be available.
  • Text to speech
  • NLP
  • Virtual Assistance
  • Chatbot
  • Documentation for beginners is a little complex
  • Having to make a link every time for sharing purposes
IBM Watson Assistant can be used where you want to reduce customer efforts in their queries. The customer can easily reach out without hesitation and long wait times to get an appropriate answer. There can be some hiccups for heavy projects though, so it is not suitable there. IBM Watson Assistant is also not suitable for customers who prefer a live person answering their queries instead of an AI bot.
It is easy to use once you get used to it but is a bit tiring for starters. Once it is set up according to your business needs, it will make your life a lot easier. A lot of manual work has been taken off users' desks. Small tasks like order status queries can be completed within seconds.
We identified a need for standardization in the information passed on to and by the technical team, as well as the loss of useful information when an employee leaves the company; as we do not have a structured knowledge base, training new employees and finding information with operational procedures was a very hard task. With the creation of our chatbot the persona SUSAN, we not only managed to maintain a single knowledge base shared with the entire team, but also facilitated the location of manuals, training videos, and key information about our customers in a simple and accurate way, which became available 24x7. Technical staff can ask questions specifying products, error codes, doubts or ask for help to obtain the desired information. In the next step, we intend to expand this service to our customers. Currently, SUSAN can be accessed by a web publication or by mobile devices through PWA technology. Through the use of webhook, we were able to expand the existing resources in our Watson Assistant bot, implementing material sent by email or forms requested by the user. An update that we are implementing in this tool is the automatic translation of texts into other languages and delivery of SUSAN as a Telegram Bot channel. We have a draft environment that can be accessed (with a very restricted access level) at this address: https://demodoka.ddns.net/en-susan
  • It has a great NLU engine. The understanding of the sentence informed by the user and its association with the available intentions makes the dialogue more natural and fluid, avoiding linguistic or context confusion.
  • Bot development is fast and has a short learning curve. For more advanced users, being able to write your formula directly into the JSON content is a big plus.
  • Components such as slots and webhook are present in most virtual assistants, but WA allows you to expand these features with combinations and flow rules, allowing you to cover much more possibilities and ramifications than a conversation can have. This was a differentiator for me to choose WA among other options on the market.
  • The possibility of using it in a free plan makes it possible to assess the extent to which the tool will meet the needs of the project.
  • Visual formatting options are almost non-existent from the WA panel, using the Carbon Design System is cumbersome and the documentation is very poor.
  • It doesn't have a native conversion of text to encoding with channels like Telegram and WhatsApp, as there is in google Dialogflow.
  • The new iframe resource uses sandbox but without the option to be able to change its parameters. Could have the parameterization options in the text field itself or by the JSON editor
Recommended for scenarios where all response text can be entered in the dialog tree, or in Actions mode text boxes. Also suitable for environments with complex dialogs, with many deviations. The 8-sec limitation for getting a response from a Webhook is a deterrent to using in more usage scenarios.
It would be easier if there was a native way to integrate with messaging apps like Telegram or Whatsapp, or a mobile version of the WA. You must use an external solution to obtain more complete analytical data. A native theme editor on the WA canvas with more formatting options will be most welcome.
We use IBM Watson Assistant in our business as a tool for the creation of our chatbots. We receive many different messages daily, and with this platform, we're able to communicate and help our customers easier and faster. It is a very easy-to-use tool, which allowed us to reduce the time we spent building our chatbots.
  • Very easy to use
  • Fast building of chatbots and virtual assistants
  • Intuitive coding
  • Good costumer support
  • At first, it can be difficult to understand, but once you get a grip of it, it's very intuitive and easy
  • The user interface is not the best
  • Not a lot of casual interactions
IBM Watson Assistant is well suited for businesses that desire to set up chatbots, as this tool sets them up very easily. It's very helpful for organizations that have constant customer interaction as it facilitates the communication process as well as reduced reply times. It can be used online for websites, as customer help, and it brings many virtual assistant options that are great.
It can be hard to understand at the beginning, but once you get a grip of it, it is very easy to use. Coding is fast and chatbots are set up with ease, something that we really liked as it did not take a lot of time to put in on our website.
It was successfully able to bring sophisticated and simplified features for a robust chatbot building process.
  • The experience with the development of our virtual assistant was very user-friendly and easy to build.
  • Implementation was so easy,quick to set up,And its pricing module works out well.
  • Ease of use and very powerful.
  • Simple and intuitive approach for implementing conversation chatbot.
  • Difficult documentation for beginning users.
  • It should at least develop more text based tutorials or documentation.
The system is stable and performative so I highly recommend it to anyone who is willing to work with it.
It's not complicated once you get knowledgeable about how it works. Also, it's a very powerful platform that will always have great services while working with it.
Kelvin Goh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, our organization is using IBM QRadar which is integrated with IBM Watson Assistant in order to perform machine learning and automation. With IBM Watson Assistant, we can easily correlate events and perform root cause analysis efficiently. We are also able to perform threat hunting with the information and details provided by IBM Watson Assistant.
  • Automation
  • Machine Learning.
  • User Behavioral Analytics.
  • Interface is not user friendly.
  • False positive events.
  • Difficult to troubleshoot.
IBM Watson Assistant has been very comprehensive and works very well with IBM QRadar. All the events and logs collected from IBM QRadar are able to correlate with IBM Watson Assistant's AI-powered platform. With this, it has greatly reduced the time we are required to perform threat forensics and analysis.
At this time, artificial intelligence platform such as IBM Watson Assistant is very important to ease our real-time monitoring process. This allows us to save a lot of time and cost by getting more threat analysts on board to perform the threat hunting and root cause analysis. With the help of IBM Watson Assistant, we are able to identify the threat precisely and provide all the required details for investigation.
March 30, 2022

IBM Watson Assistant

We were looking for a tool to automatically (for the most part) assist the clients with their problems, based on a chatbot or something like that. The tool had to be intuitive and easy to use for the customers. IBM Watson Assistant was obviously a very good candidate.
  • Customer experience automation.
  • Deploy anywhere.
  • Some documentation hard to find.
We replaced a basic FAQ assistant with IBM Watson Assistant. It was well suited because all basic questions were answered immediately, or after a few minutes. Agents are noticed only on specific questions where a real person was necessary to help the customer. The benefits here are pretty obvious and easy to have.
The customers seem happy to have quick answers. The usability is intuitive as it is basically a chat.
IBM Watson Assistant helps us to gather all of the required information on our employees and contractors, enabling our HR team to implement training and efficiency initiatives.
  • Quick installation
  • Friendly UI
  • Easy for business users to learn
  • Data acquisition from external sources
  • Real time data collection
  • API needs some dev time to work properly
IBM Watson Assistant is great for a company such as ours where you have an in-house dev team capable of tweaking the install and configuring APIs as required. If you don't have a dev team implementation could be lengthy and/or expensive.
The UI and front end in general makes it easy to use once everything is configured properly.
We have used IBM Watson Assistant to develop a bot that helps our users with automated responses to their questions. We also use it as part of our application integration. We have a large database that has thousands of FAQs for the users. IMB Watson Assistant is an AI-powered virtual assistant that helps to reduce time and human effort by providing automated answers to user queries. It is a highly efficient and powerful virtual assistant.
  • Usability.
  • Easy to deploy and use.
  • Highly efficient.
  • Good customer support.
  • Community outreach.
  • Overall a good experience.
  • Data extraction needs quality improvements.
  • Regional language support.
  • User interaction with audio and text can be improved.
  • Overall user interface needs improvements.
  • Improvements to the product consulting team.
IBM Watson somehow fits the requirements for which it is expected to be deployed. All the data stored in the memory is well defined. We're able to provide timely responses as expected. It is capable of handling a large amount of data and queries. Overall it performs well on the use cases we required.
IBM Watson Assistant is the best fit for automating answers to users' responses in real-time with high accuracy. Since it is an AI-based solution, the results are more accurate with some predictive calculations as well. It is helpful for us to predict the user questions in a more productive way. It easily recognizes additional subjects and topics unlike other bots on the market today. It is built on the no-code platform concept so you don't have to be a technical expert to develop and use the bots. It easily integrates with our ongoing or new development applications. Overall IBM Watson Assistant is a good and must-use solution.
Saurabh Mishra | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using this tool for more than 2 years to build our chatbot to address service desk queries which is integrated very easily.
  • Easy to build chatbots and virtual assistants
  • Easily integrated
  • Robust design and scope
  • User interface needs to be improved
  • Sometimes defining variables formatting is not upto mark and update.
IBM Watson Assistant provides best way to build chatbot very easily and customer support is also very good. It's not a good fit for using and defining variable for file formatting usage.
This is a powerful tool for building and integrating chatbot processes in a simplified way.
IBM Watson is a virtual assistant which gives you answers based on your context. It is driven by AI which makes it perform better compared to last time as it keeps on learning and serves the customer accordingly. The good thing about IBM Watson Assistant is it gives you relevant options to choose from as an answer which makes it super fast and convenient.
  • Fast response
  • Artificially intelligence driven
  • Relevent option to choose as an answer
  • Connect to customer care executive as hot dial
  • IBM Watson should be given ability to perform a task end to end like workflow.
  • IBM Watson should support local languages as well.
IBM Watson Assistant can be used in software where customer service is required for general use cases when a user gets stuck and is not able to proceed with the workflow. For eg. a software like a picture editor, if a user gets stuck with any tool he can go to IBM Watson Assistant and write the issue. If someone already faced that issue or if that kind of question has already been answered the user can get help and it can help the user to get out of the situation.
I've used IBM Watson Assistant as a developer and as a user. The flexibility IBM provides is very straightforward to implement our business use case. In terms of usability as well it is very simple and easy. Just type the question and get it answered.
IBM Watson is used for research and development, especially IBM cloud to extract information from text documents, images and handwriting contents. Text extraction from audio files, images as well as extract key phrases and PII from text files. Using rest API we send a request to IBM cloud and get back a response with JSON format with information we want.
  • Text to speech
  • Keyword extraction
  • Optical Character Recognition
  • Named Entity Recognition
  • Audio to text
  • Vision API
  • Handwriting extraction from image
I was amazed when I explore the IBM cloud to use for keyword extraction from text files or documents. It is quite impressive in terms of response time after the request is sent as compared with other cloud providers. But, for some specific scenarios, IBM cloud is not supported for services.
I used IBM cloud for research and development for document discovery assessment purposes, so I highly recommend this product for analytics improvements.
I work as part of a research team where I need to try out the latest technologies available and try to build a proof of concepts around it that could be launched as a new product capability. One of the POC I was involved in required a chatbot that users could use to interact to query the information related to a specific item among millions of items available in an oil & gas plant or any other energy industry. For this purpose, I had to evaluate the use case using IBM Watson Assistant and it turned out to be really good.
  • API Integration with other data sources
  • Intent creation
  • Ease of access
  • Scale at which it can handle requests
  • Use of AI to remember the previous user interactions and enhance user experience
  • Provide more custom-built functionality to identify specific keywords which are domain-specific
  • Intermittent bugs that crash the project sometimes
  • Support for fuzzy entity search
1. It's more suited for customer care support applications where intents are easy to identify 2. Using the current IBM Watson Assistant, it is difficult to build chatbots that can handle requests which are domain-specific. 3. If you have a good knowledge base that could be used to create intents easily, then IBM Watson Assistant is the best option available in the market. 4. The time limit of 8 secs to get a response is a problem to handle complex search requests which take time.
It's flexible for simple, straightforward use cases where you have a good knowledge base. The responses most of the time were accurate for the queries. As long as you have good intentions structured this is great chatbot anyone can use. The other benefits include the AI capability to analyze and provide more comprehensive responses back to the user and also remember the past queries is another great addition. It would be great if IBM Watson Assistant could offer users a way to customize the AI algorithm to give more preference to specific keywords related to a domain.