Sales Dialer Software
These products won a Top Rated award for having excellent customer satisfaction ratings. The list is based purely on reviews; there is no paid placement, and analyst opinions do not influence the rankings. Read more about the Top Rated criteria.
Sales Dialer Software TrustMap
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on trScore and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
NICE inContact CXone is a cloud-based contact center platform that manages customer interactions across multiple communication channels. It includes features such as omnichannel routing, workforce optimization, automatic call distribution (ACD), and interactive voice response (IVR)…
VanillaSoft is a solution for managing inside sales and lead management processes. The vendor says typical CRM software requires manual intervention and decision making by salespeople before they ever pick up the phone or send an email. In comparison, the vendor says VanillaSoft…
CloudTalk is cloud-based call center software for sales and support teams of all sizes, looking to improve customer experiences through more personalized, data-driven customer interactions.The vendor aims to help teams communicate clearly and efficiently.With CloudTalk users can…
PowerDialer for Salesforce, from InsideSales.com / XANT is a discontinued sales dialer.
Aircall headquartered in Paris provides a VOIP system for business designed to support contact centers, featuring IVR and automated call routing, conference calls, shared call inbox and call notes, unlimited concurrent calls and call queuing, and many integrations with CRM or marketing…
Mixmax, the sales engagement platform for businesses using Gmail, helps revenue teams accelerate revenue at every stage of the customer journey. This product amplifies AEs, CSMs, and anyone in a customer-facing role, not just the SDRs. By automating repetitive tasks and organizing…
CallFire is a VoIP and messaging solution designed for both external B2C interactions and internal company use. It includes features such as text messaging, call tracking, voice broadcasting, and an interactive voice response (IVR) system. Subscription pricing starts at $99 per month.…
Dialpad Sell is a phone system built for sales boasting real-time coaching & CRM integrations. The communications platform includes support for real-time sales coaching and call analytics, Voice Intelligence with objection handling, call sentiment analysis to drive just-in-time coaching,…
Velocify is a sales acceleration and automation solution acquired by Ellie Mae (now ICE Mortgage Technology) in 2017. The product suite includes Velocify Pulse automation app, Velocify Lead Manager for lead management and distribution, and Velocify Dial-IQ sales dialer. Also , Velocify…
Revenue.io (formerly RingDNA ) is presented as a "sales acceleration engine" for inside sales teams using Salesforce. According to the vendor, its Intelligent Dialer for Salesforce aims to help outbound sales reps use Revenue.io to make more calls, connect with up to 400% more prospects,…
Bright Pattern provides an AI-powered omnichannel contact center software that can be deployed quickly. With the purpose of making customer service, sales, and marketing brighter and faster than ever before, Bright Pattern offers advanced omnichannel cloud platform with embedded…
ConnectAndSell takes the problem of getting decision makers on the phone and makes it go away. A typical Sales Rep will have more sales conversations using ConnectAndSell in one hour than they would typically have in an entire week.
PhoneBurner is an automatic phone dialing system. It provides the ability to load a list of contacts and includes a built-in contact manager. It allows users to record a voicemail message and to choose which contacts to call.
MiVoice Office Application Suite delivers a range of applications on top of the MiVoice Office 250 telephone system. Whether it be unified communications, mobile connectivity, call reporting, call recording or outbound dialing, MiVoice Office 250 customers can benefit from the enhanced…
According to the vendor, Koncert Click Dialer is 30% faster than manual dialing. It enables users to place sales calls directly in Salesforce or Cadence with 1 click without having to manually dial.
Maintaining contact center compliance with industry regulations and protecting sensitive customer data are mission critical to outbound call center operations. Alvaria's Compliant Outreach suite of solutions, part of the larger Alvaria CX Suite, can help. The solution is based on…
Ring.io in Herndon Virginia offers their Salesdialer for Salesforce or Zoho CRMs, featuring automatic activity logging to its associated CRM, local dialing, click-to-call from the CRM, and custom call dispositions.
DialSource helps customer-facing teams have better conversations. DialSource is an enterprise software company that provides software to businesses to make, receive and manage customer-facing communications. DialSource’s applications for Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM are…
The vendor provides Orum as sales technology that allows users to plug AI into the sales process and accelerate top of funnel with good data and more conversations. It enables users to dial hands-free, multiple numbers in parallel, automate dispositions and call outcomes in a CRM,…
FrontSpin headquartered in San Mateo offers their automated outbound sales dialer, featuring CRM integration with automated call logging and syncing.
XenCALL is an all-in-one CRM and VoIP predictive dialer that aims to empower call centers and telemarketers to close more leads and increase sales across the board. Completely cloud-based with no downloads required, user-friendly, secure and intuitive, XenCALL also offers personalized…
Squaretalk (formerly Axiom) is a business communication and workflow optimization platform geared for inbound customer support and sales teams. Through integrations, Squaretalk aims to give BPOs all the tools they need to provide personalized service to clients worldwide, leveraging…
UJET is presented as a cloud contact center platform for the smartphone era. By modernizing digital and in-app experiences, UJET aims to unify the enterprise brand experience across sales, marketing, and support, eliminating the frustration of channel switching between voice, digital,…
InsideSalesBox was a sales acceleration tool from Ameyo, with features for sales email tracking, one-click dialing, and lead management. It is no longer available.
What is Sales Dialer Software?
There are a range of different dialing products available for sales teams to use. Each product approaches dialing in different ways, and sometimes vendors offer multiple products with different logistics.
- Potential dialing logistic options for sales dialers are:
- Predictive dialer (multiple calls can be placed simultaneously on separate lines)
- Power dialer (calls are made one at a time)
- Call into the server with a landline (calls are made/taken via the salesperson’s landline)
- Call into the server with a VoIP “softphone” (salespeople can use VoIP telephony business phones to make/take calls)
- Call into server with mobile phone (calls are made/taken via the salesperson’s cell phone)
Auto Dialers for Sales
Automatic dialers, which may include software and hardware components, are a type of sales acceleration technology. However, products advertised as “auto dialers” may vary, since the term has multiple meanings, certain variations include:
- Tools that automate the process of calling a list of contacts. These products save time and enhance accuracy by substituting for salespeople manually dialing individual phone numbers. This includes predictive dialers, power dialers, preview dialers, etc.
- Robo-dialers, or computerized calling systems, operate without any actual human telemarketer on the other line. Though this practice is only legal in certain cases (see the 2015 amendment to the TCPA ruling), some vendors still provide software that supports robo-dialing.
Another distinction is between auto dialer software for sales and contact center software, although these products may have overlapping capabilities. Typically, sales dialers focus on outbound calling and contact/lead management.
On the other hand, contact center software focuses more on inbound call routing even though it may include dialer functionality. Some call center software may also have features around support tickets or customer satisfaction surveys.
What is a Predictive Dialer?
Predictive dialers call multiple (often three) phone numbers simultaneously on separate phone lines to maximize efficiency. They optimize sales calls by using information about sales rep availability and the probability of a call being answered to place calls. This allows the software to determine the dialing rate and/or which numbers to dial.
The system only connects a salesperson to the call after a live speaker answers. Sometimes there is a delay after the speaker’s greeting, called a “telemarketer delay,” while the dialer system connects a sales rep. This delay can cause customers to become frustrated, and many choose to hang-up before being connected with a sales rep - which can cause call-drop rate compliance issues.
Vendors and sales reps both acknowledge these risks and disadvantages of predictive dialing. However, because predictive dialers achieve a higher call velocity than alternatives, they remain somewhat popular.
What is a Power Dialer?
Power dialers take a slightly different approach in order to address some of the issues associated with predictive dialing. Power dialers still do not require manual dialing by a salesperson, but instead, call only one number at a time. If the call is not answered by a live speaker, the software automatically moves to the next number on the list.
When a call is answered by a live speaker the sales rep hears their greeting and can respond immediately. This helps to avoid the ‘telemarketer delay’ problem described above. One drawback to power dialers is that they cannot make calls as fast as predictive dialers can. Therefore the right software solution will depend on the user’s KPIs and business goals.
Certain vendors offer products that combine components of both the predictive dialers and the power dialers. For example, XANT has a predictive dialer that uses predictive probability to optimize dialing one number at a time.
What is a Preview Dialer?
The term “preview dialer” refers to automatic dialing software that includes sales intelligence about the contact. The salesperson can use the contact’s interaction history and background details for context during the conversation with the customer/prospect.
Contact Information may be pulled from the user’s CRM records, the contact’s social media profiles, or third-party sales intelligence databases.
Typically, preview dialer capabilities are rolled into advanced power dialing software, but some vendors offer preview dialers as individual products. Alternatively, these features may be part of a product’s dialer-CRM integration.
Sales Dialer Software Features & Capabilities
Preview Dialer Features
- Contact preview: Users can view information about the contact they’re calling; aggregated contact information pops-up to provide context for the sales call.
- Dialer-CRM integration: Dialer software integrates to users’ CRM system to pull in contact information and/or add information about calls into CRM records.
- Built-in CRM: Dialer includes some built-in CRM features.
- Social media integration: Dialer integrates to social media to pull in background info on contacts from social profiles.
- SI database integration: Dialer integrates to third-party databases for additional sales intelligence information, such as Data.com
- Notes & tags: Users can take notes and create tags based on phone conversations; used for organizing/prioritizing contacts and contributes to SI.
- Automatic call logging: Dialer automatically logs all calls (successful/attempted).
These are the core features that support sales calls with automatic dialing.
- Outbound dialing: Allows reps to automatically make outbound sales calls based on call lists.
- Inbound routing: Routes inbound calls/callbacks to agents based on availability, expertise, or existing relationships.
- Custom caller ID: Users can customize the caller ID that will appear to recipients.
- Click-to-call: Allows users to call contacts by clicking a button/number on the computer.
- Recorded voicemail drop: Users can pre-record voicemails and click to drop the voicemail if a live person does not answer (this allows the dialer to call the next number without having to wait for the answering machine message to finish)
- Dialer contact import: Contacts/leads can be imported via spreadsheets, CRM systems, or lead submission forms on a website.
- Campaign & list management: Users can create and modify contact lists/calling campaigns.
Call Follow-up & Quality Assurance Features
These features allow salespeople and managers to analyze customer interactions in order to optimize sales rep performance.
- Sales emails: Emails can be sent within the dialer software interface for nurturing warm leads or contacting people who were unavailable via phone.
- Follow-up calls: Users can schedule/automate follow-up calls.
- Appointment scheduling: Users can schedule appointments from within the dialer software interface.
- Calendar sync: The dialer software syncs with electronic calendars, such as Google Calendar and Outlook.
- Dialer reporting & analytics: Includes dashboards and/or functionality for generating reports on dialer speed, call/list success rates, sales performance, etc.
- Call recording: Allows phone conversations to be recorded.
- Call monitoring: Allows phone conversations to be monitored for coaching purposes; related to sales performance management.
- Dialer compliance: Supports FTC regulations around time zones and dropped calls.
Sales Dialer Software Comparison
Before deciding to purchase one sales dialer over another, consider these key factors first:
- Type of dialer: since there are multiple types of sales dialers available (e.g. power, predictive, and preview dialers), make sure to match the type of dialer to your primary use case. For example, predictive dialers may be better suited for BDRs/SDRs that have a very large contact list to get through and who won’t be as concerned if a few prospects drop off the call due to the ‘telemarketer delay’. On the other hand, power dialers may be a better fit for sales reps that want to minimize the chance that the prospect or customer will be frustrated by the ‘telemarketer delay’ often experienced with predictive dialers.
- Integrations: most sales dialers have integrations with popular third-party CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce or HubSpot CRM), but there are other integrations your team may need as well. For example, if your reps want to plan out cadences that include both emails and calls, you may need to integrate your dialer software with other sales acceleration tools, email providers, and calendar software. Double-check that the sales dialers you're considering will integrate with the other sales tools your team uses.
Sales dialing software prices can start anywhere between $40-$150, depending on the number of users and amount of features selected. Typically, dialers are priced on a monthly subscription model, per user.methodology here.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are three main types of auto sales dialers: predictive dialers, power dialers, and preview dialers. All three types of dialers help sales reps automate the process of calling individual contact numbers. But they approach dialing in different ways:
- Predictive dialers call multiple numbers at once, to help maximize the number of leads contacted. Using a predictive dialer often created a short pause during the handoff of the live call from the dialer software to the sales rep. This is sometimes called the ‘telemarketer delay’.
- Power dialers instead call one number at a time. This means they don’t get through as many contacts as quickly as predictive dialers. But power dialers don’t have a ‘telemarketer delay’ like many predictive dialers do, which can be frustrating to some people.
- Preview dialers are similar to power dialers in that they only place one call at a time. But they’re different in that they also provide the sales rep with contact and interaction history information about the number it’s about to call. Preview dialers also notify the sales rep before the call is made so reps can ‘preview’ the contact information before deciding to go ahead with making the call.
According to end-user feedback on TrustRadius, some of the most popular (by the number of reviews) sales dialer tools include:
To learn more about different types of sales dialers and compare top-rated products, visit TrustRadius’ Sales Dialer Software page.