PCRecruiter Is Just OK

October 06, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of PCRecruiter, and make your voice heard!

Basic

On Premise
per user/per month

• Setup fee required

What is PCRecruiter?

PCRecruiter is a web-based system for candidate sourcing and placement, that combines the core functions of candidate tracking, job publishing, customer and contact relationship management with salesforce automation.

The vendor reports that PCRecruiter has tens of thousands of daily users in over seventy countries around the world.

The vendor also says that PCRecruiter is flexible and appropriate for a range of business models, including permanent or contract placement, candidate sourcing, corporate candidates sourcing, RPO, etc.

PCRecruiter Features

• Supported: MS Outlook Integration
  • Supported: User-Configurable Screen Layouts and Fields
  • Supported: Job Posting
  • Supported: Custom Forms

PCRecruiter Screenshots

Name Search and Custom Name LayoutAdding an appointment to the built-in calendar.Full Microsoft Outlook EmbedMobile-friendly and fully customizable job board.Analytics for team and individual KPIsMobile app for Recruiters and for Contract EmployeesConfigurable Applicant Pipeline

PCRecruiter Downloadables

PCRecruiter Integrations

PCRecruiter Competitors

PCRecruiter Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac, Windows IIS Server for On Premise Hosting
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Others Upon Request

What is PCRecruiter?

PCRecruiter is a web-based recruiting platform. It supports candidate sourcing and placement via candidate tracking, job advertising, CRM, applicant tracking, and salesforce automation.

What is PCRecruiter's best feature?

Reviewers rate Performance highest, with a score of 9.6.

Who uses PCRecruiter?

The most common users of PCRecruiter are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Staffing & Recruiting industry.

Ray Fisher | TrustRadius Reviewer
PCRecruiter is our lifeline for searching for qualified candidates. We are able to track applicants by keywords, name, social, and even by phone number. PCRecruiter has eliminated the need to dig through filing cabinets saving our company valuable time and allowing us to be more efficient. Our recruiters use PCR to find candidates for open job orders. Our Sales Dept. uses PCR to track the number of client job orders, and our Payroll Department uses PCR for candidate wages, federal, state, and city tax info along with hours worked. PCRecruiter is one of the best investments our company has made.
  • Applicant tracking is a great tool. We are able to search resumes or search by keyword. This is a definite time saver and will eliminate your filing cabinets.
  • Linking candidates to job orders. We are able to create jobs and link candidates to open job orders. This allows us to see what positions are currently open and also lets us know the length of time the position was open before being filled.
  • Notes: We are able to keep notes on start dates, end dates, call-offs, tardiness, workers comp claims, disciplinary, and anything else that our company needs. This is a great tool when you have workers comp claims, unemployment, or documentation for ending a work assignment.
  • Linking: linking candidates could be more user-friendly. There are too many steps to link a candidate and to unlink a candidate from a job.
  • Keywords: There should be keyword groups. Example: If I were to search for a Forklift operator the system should also pull up anyone that has listed Tow motor - Reach truck - Cherry picker - Skid steer, etc. on their resume or application.
PCRecruiter is a great tool for staffing agencies. The ability to pull candidate info from your desktop rather than to search through file cabinets is a huge time saver. The only downside to PCRecruiter is that it could be more user-friendly and it takes some time in getting used to the features. The time it saves our recruiters definitely outweighs the Cons.
Sylvia Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
Have you ever had to track candidates in a Call Log Notebook or on 3"x5" card kept in a box? I have! PC Recruiter is an applicant tracking system designed to help Recruiters keep up with only potential candidates but also each step in the process. We use PCR to execute a seamless search starting with adding the companies, the candidates, and the job description. Once all is entered, the potential candidate pool is added to a "roll-up list" with sections for call status, notes, activities, interview set-up on calendars, emails, interview prep, through the offer, all at the click of a button.
  • PCR organizes candidates and companies by names, locations, titles, job functions and many other descriptors.
  • Candidates and companies can also be added manually, or through downloads from various social media sites via extensions compatible with PCR.
  • Phones, emails, social media, and messaging can all be connected to PCR.
  • A client portal can also be set up so that they can keep up with how a search is progressing.
  • Sometimes in an effort to improve the technology, the previous way was better than the fix.
Being able to download candidate and company information is so much easier and faster by using the available extensions. We use the Zoom Info and Linked In extension daily. It also allows a picture of the candidate to be added to the profile which makes searching feel so much more personal.
Since mid-2015 and [it] is used for all our locations.
  • UI - too many split screens and tabs
  • Hard to toggle between areas
  • Lacks a "current" look and feel overall
Overall it is outdated compared to some other products. The support is [PCRecruiter]'s claim to fame. The people are available, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.
Excellent! None better.
Carly Richardson | TrustRadius Reviewer
PCRecruiter is used by the recruitment department to ensure that they get the best-qualified personnel. It has saved us a lot of costs incurred by our hiring managers since it has all the application tools. It has been able to track the performance of each employee after hiring. Candidates and job applicants in our organization get feedback at the right time without wasting their time.
  • Tracking performance of our staff.
  • Recruiting new teams.
  • I have not come across any area that requires changes.
  • Functionality is very effective.
The determination of employee performance is based on the performance and qualification and PCRecruiter caters for all that process. Our company has been relying on its great performance to ensure that we get the best minds assigned the most effective roles to get maximum production. It shows the available human resources and gives our employees the contract that best suits their career.
We use PCRecruiter to track all recruitment activity. It is our ATS used by all internal recruitment teams. It keeps track of all applicants, client interviews, and starts. It's something that we use to keep track of all processes. It isn't the most fancy ATS, but it works for our company's needs. The customer service team is great!
  • Customer service when you have an issue
  • Easy to merge duplicate candidates
  • Fairly easy configuration
  • Navigation can be a bit tedious
  • If it's a difficult issue, can take awhile to fix
  • Needs more available integrations
I think this is a great starter ATS. If you're dealing with 200k candidates or fewer, it would make sense to use. For a larger company, it might be a bit too tedious. This feels like it is designed with a staffing in mind as you have to link positions to companies.
October 12, 2021

Long term user of PCR

Jeremy Sigler | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize PCR throughout our business processes including business development, candidate tracking, client management and sourcing.
  • easy to learn and understand
  • form letter automation
  • crm
  • searching internal database
  • automated followup
  • integration with linkedin
PCR is great for a variety of recruiting shops large and small. It helps if you have someone on your team that has dedicated time for customization.
Rik Yerzik | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use as a full DB solutions from recruiting, sales, prospecting and connecting with candidates, use it as the primary database and full solution for employment and staffing solutions.
  • candidate tracking, and recruiting process from intake through presenting candidates to clieng.
  • client records and posting jobs and managing the recruiting process from the initial job requirement through placements and billing.
  • It also works for consulting for tracking client and candidate billings, can integrate payroll and history for both client companies, and candidates.
  • Actually its a pretty complete system from enterprise deployment I use the web services
  • All I can say is they keep improving the functionality that I haven't thought of before.
  • The inhaler probably could use improvement but even that works pretty well.
  • being able to integrate it directly with job boards, would improve the speed of processing candidates.
It is well suited for independent recruiters (I used it for my own search firm, I was a one man project) but it works well and can be cofigured from small to enterprise level staffing companies. I haven't used some of the billing functions per se for consultants and temp employees for payroll and billing so I can not comment on that.
I use PCRecruiter as an applicant tracking system. It is used solely by my department as I am the sole Recruiter. PCRecruiter manages all of our applicants, helps me find candidates who have applied to previous roles, and presents candidates to clients in a very professional manner. It's easy to use, easy to present, and easy to manage my applicants.
  • PCRecruiter presents candidates through their presentation platform really well. Clients love it! As do I!
  • PCRecruiter makes parsing resumes into the system really easy.
  • PCRecruiter makes emailing candidates really easy.
  • It would be wonderful if once a presentation is made and additional information is added to a candidate's profile that PCRecruiter would update and include that information in the link.
  • Building out the backend of PCRecruiter with letters and setting up the flow of the candidate and moving the candidate through that flow is not intuitive and can be confusing to new users.
  • It would be wonderful if PCR integrated with more company's software when posting on 3rd party sites so that I wouldn't have to parse so many resumes.
For presenting candidates to clients, PCRecruiter has had rave reviews from clients. It's easy to look through a candidate's profile and provide feedback. Like I said earlier, if it could retain real-time information on a candidate, it would be more effective, not having me have to resend a candidate to a client every time there is something new added to a candidate profile. It would be great to have templates for candidate letters so we wouldn't have to write our own. It would be nice if the parsing feature was more effective in pulling over all the information - as often I have to add in information or make adjustments on parsing.
PCRecruiter is our main information system. We use it for business development and recruiting of medical personnel. Everything from our business activity to KPI's to contractor timecards is tracked within PCR. We have the PCR Portal integration with Outlook as well as the Resume Inhaler to automate adding information to PCRecruiter. Analytics gives us real time dashboard into our business.
  • Contractor Timecards
  • Integration with Outlook
  • Simplifies daily workflow
  • Automatically tracks business activity across our entire organization
  • Provides documentation for our Accounting Department
  • I'd like to see better texting options
  • I would appreciate a more detailed Knowledge Base
PCRecruiter is a comprehensive, user friendly, cost effective system for any Staffing/Recruiting company or division.
October 06, 2021

PCRecruiter Is Just OK

It is being used for our recruiting department and operations. It is our ATS for our recruiting needs and operations use it to track open positions.
  • Interacts with our internal proprietary software system
  • It parses candidate info from resources online such as LinkedIn
  • Interacts and works well with RingCentral
  • Like using roll up lists
  • Searching features could be improved
  • Less steps in entering information
  • Logs you out frequently
I enjoy using the roll up list feature and also I like how you are able to call directly through RingCentral and texting capabilities. I am not a fan of the searching features, it could be a lot easier.
Bonnie Lewinstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
PC Recruiter is our CRM for the company. We are an executive recruiting firm (permanent, full-time roles up to the C-level) focused on the medical device, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries. We use the program all day long, and overall am very pleased with it. In addition, PC Recruiter functions well with other applications such as LinkedIn, and I love the PC Capture function, which allows me to export data, including pictures from LinkedIn. I can track productivity/metrics and look at the pipeline of every open position we are working on with clients. It's easy to use, although the setup can be a bit complicated at first. They have a terrific technical support team based in OH, and I love that I can have a real-time chat or a phone call when needed.
  • Tracks daily productivity for phone calls, interviews, new assignments by invidual
  • Allows you to send resumes so easily to clients with either a template email or personalized email or as a "presentation" with critical data visible or blind to the client as needed
  • Allows you to build call lists and email lists
  • bulk resume importing if needed or individual resume importing
  • Easy mass emailing to clients and candidates
  • I think setup is cumbersome
  • I think it should be easier to build call lists and move calls to the following day as needed
  • I wish PC Recruiter had a function so I can see if and when an actual email is opened by the recipient
PC Recruiter is ideal for companies specializing in permanent placement or contract/staffing. It's competitively priced compared to other similar programs. The technical support, based in the US in OH, is terrific and frankly the main reason I won't even consider switching to another platform. I love that if I have a question and can't find the answer quickly within their learning management system, I can call or chat with them and get an immediate response.
Gary Fruchtman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a boutique Executive Search Firm. We were early and initial adaptors of using PCR as our ATS system and assisted in some of the developmental ideas for this product. PCR has been instrumental in our growth and success and all of our WorldBridge offices use this (14 Offices). The system is deep with solutions to keeping track of candidates, clients, business opportunities, jobs and so much more. This also integrates with a number of other applications that we use daily. We would not be able to function without PCR as the backbone of our recruiting systems. I would recommend PCR as the umbrella application for any search firm - any time and am happy to speak with anyone that would like additional information.
  • Keeps track of candidates
  • Gives us the ability to do "Bulk" email marketing blasts easily
  • Keeps track of processes via : Rollups, Pipelines
  • I would like to respond to this but PCR has so many more functions that I have yet to discover or learn that if I need it - it is probably there....
I would recommend PCR to any Executive Search Firm or Staffing Agency and have many, many times. I "think" PCR would be applicable to any organization that is involved in sales but guarantees that it is uniquely well suited to our industry.
Glen Kimmel Leblanc | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is great to be able to manage the CRM of the company together with PCRecruiter, an important role in every company in the correct selection of trained personnel and we feel the full support of PCRecruiter. Better than knowing the exact data there is nothing in the world of personnel recruitment, it is what allows you to make the best decision. <br>
  • From the beginning I have loved the administration of the company's CRM.
  • Find the best job candidates with the accuracy of the data provided.
  • Orders according to their quantity are perfectly managed.
  • Not doing a good job with your keyword search system.
Very appropriate to complement the administration of the company's CRM and for the decision-making of hiring the best qualified personnel and it is not suitable for searches by keywords.
April 16, 2021

We love & rely on PCR

Mike Reed | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by each of the 7 recruiters on our team. We have over 5000 companies and 38,000 candidates in PCR and rely on it as 1 of our 2 major tools.
  • it gives us a complete history of the interviewing and hiring process.
  • In 19 years we have had 6 occasions to use collection attorneys. In each case they have been amazed at the paper trail of correspondence we can create from the first contact to acceptance of an offer. We have collected our fee in every case w/o going to court as a result of the data in PCR.
  • PC Recruiter is easy to use. I guess I don't have any suggestions for improvement.
It works well for us. We have 7 recruiters and are able to share info on candidates and client history quickly and easily on PCR.
We use PCR across our Sales and Recruiting teams.
  • Overall easy crm
  • Good customer service
  • Sometimes tricky for employees to learn
It's suited for headhunting and executive search firms that engage in both sales and recruiting activity.
Easy to get to customer service.
Phillip Reinkemeyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
PCR is my go-to app for managing my CRM database and the day to day business of a recruiter.
  • Gathering pertinent information.
  • PC, Apple PC or phone apps, all synced.
  • Scheduling, integration with other apps.
  • Better data gathering from websites.
Constant updates based on feedback from the user community help keep it fresh.
January 18, 2020

PCRecruiter At A Glance

PCRecruiter is being used across the whole organization. It is usually alright to use. It can typically help when looking at class rosters, school-wide rosters, or sports teams. I found that sometimes the database could be hard to use because it would not load properly, or it did not have the correct information. From a class perspective, posting assignments on PCR was not an easy process and was not very user-friendly.
  • Creates rosters for classes and sports.
  • Is available to put all class assignments and calendar online.
  • Freezes/is down frequently.
  • Sometimes assignments do not work properly, or do not show on calendar as they should.
PCRecruiter is well suited for moments when you need a student's schedule, or you need to know where a student is at a particular time. However, the grading area of the website is hard to use and does not always make sense. It can easily be changed by accident, leaving you confused and your grades messed up. I think as a whole it is less appropriate for boarding schools as it does not function well for after school activities. It also is just not suitable for 2020. It does not look like it is a new program; it seems like it is from the 90s.
I gave it this rating because I find that even though they are great support, they don't help to improve the situation because often it is out of their hands. It is that the website is down or some other issue that they can not readily fix. While helpful, I think some changes need to be made for this software to work better.
Eric Noon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use PCRecruiter across the whole company. Each recruiter uses it to track basic candidate information such as name, address, phone numbers, and email. As well as resumes, job title, call notes and profiles that help us keep track of what the candidates want to do with their career. We can search via keywords, activity, and geography just to name a few.
  • Searching, having candidates in your database is one thing and being able to recall them is another.
  • Customization is a strength that PCR lets you wield at your discretion.
  • It is very easy to use and get comfortable with using.
  • One of the cons is (for me it's also a pro) that it is cloud-based so if you have spotty internet this might not be for you.
  • Occasionally some of the processes feel clunky to use. That said, the developers are always making improvements.
PCRecruiter is an asset to my recruiting firm and I believe that it would be an asset to yours as well. The database conversion process went very smoothly but you need to be involved as it isn't a set it and forget it thing. You need to verify that the data ends up in the field you want it in; you know your data best. Searching and recalling the data that you are looking for is smooth and being able to click the phone number and have PCR dial my VOIP phone automatically is a wonderful time saver. From there we make call notes and schedule next steps. SIMPLE.
May 15, 2019

PCRecruiter Review

STI-TEC utilizes PCRecruiter in a few ways. Since we are a federal contractor, we've modified it a bit and use the company records to organize and track our contracts. Our recruiting team also uses it as an ATS and to post open positions.
  • It's easy to pick up the basics, but also robust enough that after using it daily for almost a year, I'm still learning new functions.
  • Some of the ATS I've used in the past felt like they were designed by someone who doesn't understand recruiting, PCRecruiter has the feel of someone who has recruited was involved in the design of the system.
  • Roll-Ups. I've always kept spreadsheets of available candidates that I've spoken with. Roll-Ups allows me to integrate those list into the ATS to make it a one-stop shop as well as the ability to share that information with other team members.
  • The Customer Service of Main Sequence has been outstanding. Everyone I've dealt with for support issues as well as implementing the Job Board add on has been top notch.
  • The only con I have is I wish the notes section of each record appeared on the main screen. They are accessible by clicking on the Icon, so the ability to keep notes is definitely there.
I would think anyone who needs to keep track of positions/candidates could benefit from using PCRecruiter. Even those not in the traditional staffing industry. STI-TEC has modified the way we use company records to meet our business. I could see companies doing the same easily.
November 19, 2018

PCRecruiter Review

We use PCRecruiter as a database of our clients and candidates. Both of us use it daily. It assists in keeping track of all interactions and as a database of all documents.
  • Scheduling customer interactions
  • Database of client/candidate interactions
  • Storage of important documents
  • Could be a little easier to use
Great for scheduling important meetings or phone calls
November 19, 2018

A Recruiter's Best Friend

Guion Stewart-Moore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use PCRecruiter across the whole organization. We were using a recruiting software for 20 years than was not cloud-based. The company was purchased by another company that then did provide cloud based. We stayed with them because we did not have to pay for a data conversion. The size of our data was significant and were told this could cost us up to $10K to switch to another software. We stayed with this company for 2 more years, hoping against hope that they would get their act together. It only got worse and worse. We spent at least three months doing our due diligence on a new recruiting software. We narrowed down to three software, had 3 employees go through demo process with each of the software, and choose PCRecruiter. Our decision was based on many things; including price, value, cost of data conversion, willingness to work with us on converting as specifically as possible the data, and an ease of use with an intuitive recruiting software. We are VERY happy with our decision. It has been over two years now. We find the ease of use as excellent. The initial training was excellent. The "help" button takes our users through questions for most things. If we need CS, they are quick to respond. The product is a good value and has provided with us with everything we want in a recruiting software.
  • Intuitive software
  • Excellent initial training
  • Fast customer service
  • I do not really have any ideas for improvement
We are a third-party recruiting firm. It has been an excellent software for our type of business.
PCRecruiter is used by all members of our small recruitment agency. It took significant work to initially set it up, but we are very happy with all it provides us. The automation process saves a significant amount of time. The Outlook connector app is a great way to capture emails sent/received from within Outlook. The flexibility of Rollup lists aids in adding contacts to any number of different lists, which comes in very handy for business development and sending emails to specific groups. The postcode/zip code radius search feature is brilliant for finding candidates within a specific area or region.
  • Postcode radius search - great ability to narrow down a list of potential candidates based on how far away they live, not just specific qualifications/skills etc.
  • Importing information from LinkedIn about a candidate is very handy. It is very handy being able to put a face to a name when you are dealing with so many people year in, year out.
  • Outlook connector is a great feature for tracking all inbound and outbound emails that are sent to/received from any contact within the database.
  • The migration process could use some work for existing businesses. I was surprised that there wasn't an easier way to import some data/records, configure the system, and then import the most recent data to go live over the course of a weekend. We were able to do it, but this process could do with some work.
  • The colour scheme changes from screen to screen. The same basic theme, but item 1 in a list might be a given colour one moment, and if you enter that screen again a few minutes later, it might be a different colour. When you are first using the system you realise that something has changed, but you don't quite know what. It is a little off-putting. Not sure why they do this??
PCRecruiter is very well suited for Recruitment agencies, either conducting Permanent Recruitment or acting as a Temp or Labour Hire agency.
Paul Lipman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this applicant tracking system to track job openings, candidates, and clients, as well as to push jobs to my website. I am a solo recruiter.
  • Great Customer Service - they help solve your problems and answer questions!
  • Configurable - Can easily set up the views of the different data sets to your personal preferences.
  • Great roll-up lists. You can configure call lists fairly easily.
  • Publishes jobs to your website (and other job boards).
  • Tracks email and calls (through Ring-central API) so you have a record of your work.
  • They have hooks into other systems via their APIKey. I can move data between applications using Zapier (although it is still a little rudimentary).
  • "Mouse intensive" - seems like a lot of keystrokes to get the work done - they should hire a human factors engineer to review the workflow.
  • Needs a way to be able to text from within the application and record the text messages in the system. right now you have to click the text box and type everything in ring central.
  • They are a little slow to release minor enhancements. Have great LinkedIn capability interface, but needs some minor tweaking (too many keystrokes) to get the phone number into the record for example.
  • Because it is highly configurable, it takes a while to learn and configure the system properly. They charge for their initial training - worth it, but still a little pricey for a solo-operator like me.
Has s rich feature set and is highly configurable. Great if you want to add specific fields suited to your practice.
Roger Hendrix | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am self-employed and own my recruiting business. I had spent nearly 20 years using Bullhorn as my contact management system software and saw the price triple, as functionality dropped, drastically. I find the social media function especially valuable, as I am able to locate my contacts by LinkedIn and Facebook.
  • It transitioned my previous contact database quite smoothly.
  • I find it fine as it is.
PCRecruiter is a seamless database system that allows simultaneous contact with LinkedIn and Facebook data.
Tom Lampl | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are recruiters and everyone uses it. It is used daily to track everything from candidates, job openings, interviews, placements and of course reports. Our project coordinators find it very easy to add both companies and candidates linking them together as well and moving candidates to new companies. The search capabilities are very easy to use to prepare for new searches and projects.
  • I am not a computer person but find it easy to work with
  • Notes, tracking and linking candidates to companies
  • Holding history
  • Uploading candidates
  • Just simple with a lot of functions
  • Searching the database is very easy and preparing lists to call is simple. It is easy to expand or narrow searches as needed.
  • I love the interface between Outlook and PCR it makes it very easy to not have multiple screens to go back and forth to.
  • N/A
I have used PCRecruiter (PCR) for over 15 years. If every vendor that we work with was as good a PCR my life would be a lot better. The functions of the software meet all of our needs; customer service is extraordinary, if you have a suggestion they listen!
PCR has evolved over the years to keep up with new things that are happening like social media. As stated they listen to suggestions and take input seriously.
You call and they take care of it including when you have a suggestion for a change or upgrade.