- Fast Manual indexing with what we consider the best in point-n-click OCR indexing.
- Webserver that incorporates Full-Text Content Searching, Workflow Queues, Full Document Management and Live document Signing on any mobile device or location.
- Fast workflow designers for rapid implementation
- Broad range of capture and information processing tools, easy to configure
- Loaded with essential security options
- Low price, and about 10X more powerful than MS SharePoint right out of the box.
- Multi-database support for a very low price with disaster recovery licensing, this is very rare in the industry.
- Integrated Viewer panes are the only real improvement needed.
- Maybe an increased range of annotation options. Theirs are quite good, but could be better.
- Sends email notifications to appropriate individuals when expiration or renewal notice dates are approaching.
- Offers an easy and fast way to search for specific documents.
- It allows managers to simply drop documents into the inboxes for Legal to permanently archive.
- Allows documents to be easily emailed. No more sorting through various files on the desktop to try to find the correct document.
- Is set up in an organized manner that is appropriate for the documents that are contained in the archives.
- There was some difficulty initially setting up the workflows for the email notifications to work. This was frustrating to get worked out and involved multiple test attempts.
- The system can be slow at loading long documents, which for a legal department is not ideal.
- The documents do not automatically get uploaded with search pdf capability, a workflow must be set up in order to enble this feature.
- Saves multiple copies of resumes- Valuable if you are presenting a candidate on different positions requiring you highlight unique skills.
- Makes it easy to send clients things like reference letters, copies of degrees, references, etc...
- Acts as a safe place to store client agreements, offer letters, etc... Things that may get misplaced or lost in a paper-based system
- Provides a detailed history of important documents over the course of working with a client or candidate.
- I use Firefox on a Mac Mini and often times my documents will not display in the preview so I will need to email them to myself first to preview prior to sending them to a client or candidate. (The Adobe image preview does not work either)
- Sometimes it can hang up when saving files with a large amount of graphics.
SmartSearch Scorecard Summary
SmartSearch is a content management system that is offered as both a departmental and enterprise class document management solution that is designed to allow organizations to easily scale to their document management software needs.
The vendor says that the flexible nature of SmartSearch makes it ideal for paper-intensive businesses such as law offices, physician practices, accounting firms, trucking companies, and mortgage and title companies that are looking for a cost-effective way to eliminate their paper-based filing systems.
SmartSearch comes pre-packaged with KeyFree Indexing, the vendor’s unique tool for OCR-assisted data entry as well as Data XChange for internal ODBC data updates. DataMerge services are also available for ODBC and OLEDB type connections with external data sources. Both tools allow end-users to quickly and easily scan and index documents with reduced data entry requirements. According to the vendor, the comprehensive nature of the software makes SmartSearch the best document management solution for many companies around the country.
SmartSearch Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SmartSearch Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Romanian, Spanish, French|