Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Springbot, and make your voice heard!
Platform Base Package
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Springbot aims to bring all the marketing capabilities large retailers have to small businesses at a fraction of the cost. Through Springbot, online stores will be able to leverage automated marketing on channels such as email, SMS, social and online ads. Business owners and marketers who find themselves wearing many hats can still send the right message at the right time with confidence.
With an all-in-one marketing automation platform designed with ease of use in mind, business owners and marketers are able to bring new shoppers to their sites, turn one-time buyers into repeat customers and brand advocates and measure the success of their marketing efforts - all while saving time and energy to focus on other aspects of their businesses.
- Supported: WYSIWYG email editor
- Supported: Dynamic content
- Supported: Ability to test dynamic content
- Supported: A/B testing
- Supported: Mobile optimization
- Supported: Email deliverability reporting
- Supported: List management
- Supported: Triggered drip sequences
- Supported: Lead nurturing
- Supported: Data quality management
- Supported: Calendaring
- Supported: Social sharing and campaigns
- Supported: Social profile integration
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
- Supported: API
- Supported: SMS Marketing
- Supported: Prospecting and Retargeting Ads
- Supported: Google Shopping Ads
- Supported: Signup Forms / Pop-ups
- Supported: Shopping Cart Integration with Shopify / Shopify Plus, BigCommerce, Magento and WooCommerce
- Supported: Facebook Messenger Marketing
- Supported: Automated Product Recommendations for Cross-selling
- We were not able to implement anything.
- We lengthy discussions with the sales person and had high hopes for this to work.
- The plan was to create a better user experience while on our website. NOT to push sales but to create more accurate information for the user. Be more interactive.
- After our purchase, I let spring or know that I was currently too busy to implement the system and to put things on hold. They ignored this request and kept charging us a monthly fee without using any of their systems. I have only logged in once. Nothing has been set up. They can see that from their side.
- After multiple emails back and forth their out was in the user agreement. I never asked for my money back only credit so I can regroup and when I have time get on to implant the systems. They tell me they don't do that.
- They don't care about any of the customer's needs. They only care about charging you that monthly fee. Terrible bus plan. With enough bad feedback, they will suffer from such a narrow plan.
- I wish we had actual information about the cons using the system. Unfortunately I was not given the opportunity to do unless I wanted to keep paying while not using the system.
- One of the things that impressed me the most early on was their dedication to email deliverability and growing my "engaged" list of customers. Through this, they taught me the value of quality subscribers vs. quantity of subscribers, while still sharing new ways to grow my email list in a healthy and sustainable manner. For so long, my main focus was always having the biggest email list - and while that's good to have a lot of subscribers, the most important thing is to make sure they are ENGAGED with your brand. So together we've come up with fun ways to do that, and we've seen that reflected in our list growth and open rate.
- One of the other things I was looking to do when I partnered with Springbot was to increase my site traffic. The original sales rep had a few recommendations on how we could do this, and our team was most excited about their Facebook Services offering. We were paired with a Facebook expert who did a discovery call with us, and then presented a strategic plan for us to follow for the first 90 days, until we could fully optimize. Their Facebook team narrowed down my target audience and has helped strategically grow my site traffic.
- Finally, and maybe the part that I value the most, is the partnership that I've developed with Springbot. Out of the gate, there is absolutely work to do to get things set up and they don't sugar coat that. While much of the onboarding was smooth - we had a few obstacles to work through, and I'm thankful my Success Manager kept me up to date as we resolved anything that came up, and was proactive with her outreach and recommendations to get the most out of the platform. I find myself learning something new each time I chat with her, whether it be optimizations to my automations, new marketing ideas, or ways to increase engagement as I go into the holidays.
- After being with them for a year, I feel this is more than a vendor + customer relationship, and think of it as a strategic and valuable partnership.
- I'd love for Springbot to continue to expand on their email offering - the platform and automations are excellent, and I'd like additional conditionals as I build out my flows.
Maybe the part that I value the most, is the partnership that I've developed with Springbot. Out of the gate, there is absolutely work to do to get things set up and they don't sugar coat that. While much of the onboarding was smooth - we had a few obstacles to work through, and I'm thankful my Success Manager kept me up to date as we resolved anything that came up, and was proactive with her outreach and recommendations to get the most out of the platform. I find myself learning something new each time I chat with her, whether it be optimizations to my automations, new marketing ideas, or ways to increase engagement as I go into the holidays.
Sprinbot addresses multiple problems, some of which we didn't know were problems until we were using the platform. By targeting our messaging to specific customers, we are able to limit the amount of customers that are unsubscribing to our emails. Second, Springbot is directly integrated with our website platform, Shopify, and shows reporting and purchase logs for every order attributed to marketing. Because of this, we have data that proves the trigger emails and campaigns are sales drivers to our website. This is something we were aware of before, but being able to see the sales numbers for each campaign has been very helpful. Third, by using the trigger email function, our marketing teams are spending less hours targeting customers that haven't purchased in a while. The trigger email function allows us to design emails we think will drive sales for specific customers groups and continues to send them based on the length of time the customer has gone without a purchase. In short, this feature does the work for us with minimal effort to set up.
- Customer Segmentation - we know who we are marketing to.
- Email Buildout Feature - it's easy to learn and use.
- Support - Our support manager, Jared, has always been very willing and ready to answer any questions we have about the platform and offer suggestions to us for how we could be better.
- Springbot ads - there isn't a preview to show what the current ads look like.
- The backend of Springbot changes almost once a month and we're not always sure where to find the information we're looking for.
- We'd love to see triggers for SMS messaging that are similar to the email triggers.
- Small businesses with small marketing teams.
- Shopify Customers.
- Small businesses that want more reporting/segmented lists.
- Businesses that are upgrading from a service like Constant Contact or Mailchimp.
- Customer who are currently using Klaviyo.
- Business who do not have a Shopify website.
The biggest failure of this company is its email designers. In 3 months we were not able to get out a single email through their service either because of account problems like not importing our contacts or because they don't follow any instructions. Our first email we sent a detailed description of what needed to be included. They didn't follow a single line. They designed an email that was beautiful but had all the wrong links, none of the copy we wrote, and followed zero of our brand strategy. FAIL. The one next one they couldn't get ready on time. The third and final, was a newsletter and they literally copied the text into a blank white email and put my logo on it and called it finished. It didn't have any of our brand's colors. Instead, it had non-branded colors, broken images and guess what... they still hadn't imported our contacts so even if it was correct design it wouldn't have mattered. Three months of paying for this service and I sent 5 emails through Mailchimp instead.
They still have refused to refund us for services they never rendered. It's a scam. They mean well, or do they? They sell you on customer service. What they mean is aggressive sales tactics and no follow-through. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.
- They make promises
- They could design nice things
- They don't keep any of their promises
- They don't listen
- The demographic data was great. I could see how many males vs. females, ages, income, married, with or without children. It gave me a good idea of who my customers were.
- Using their tracking URLs in all of our campaigns allowed us to get a better idea of what exactly was driving revenue.
- Not only could I see top performing products, which I can do within Magento, I could also see top selling categories and colors.
- I can pull a Coupon Usage report our of Magento, but Springbot gave me additional info like AOV and ROI on those codes.
- Springbot also gave me a lot of info about our abandoned carts. It shows us which products are most abandoned along with views, conversion rates, etc.
- Springbot gave us an Instagram Shop page that allowed us to curate social shares and then tie them to products on our site.
- Daily reports sometimes didn't arrive in my inbox. I'd have to contact my rep and wait several days before the issue was fixed. Sometimes the data on the daily report was incorrect. I would check revenue against the sales report in Magento and Google Analytics and the numbers didn't match up. It made it impossible for me to trust the data I was being given.
- The Springbot shortened URLs were not adopted by our social engagement specialist because she felt they looked like spam links and our fans weren't clicking on them.
- My social engagement specialist also didn't like the social posting tool. She felt it was more difficult to schedule her posts and decided to use Hootsuite instead. This took out an entire channel that we should have been able to track in Springbot.
- All of the daily marketing suggestions pertained to SEO. Most of the time suggesting we increase the word count on our product descriptions. I would have loved to be able to turn off the SEO suggestions and find more actionable items than rewriting 900+ product descriptions which we had paid an SEO company thousands of dollars to write.
- Our abandoned cart reporting was working at first and then stopped. When I asked why they said it was interference from another platform we were using on our site. But that platform was being used when the abandoned cart report was working, so that didn't make sense to me.
- Springbot only integrated with MailChimp. At the time we were using Bronto for our ESP. My rep kept suggesting sending Welcome emails and Abandoned cart emails through Springbot. However, that would have screwed up my data in Bronto. Also, I didn't feel like I could customize the triggered emails enough to look like the emails going out in Bronto without having to bring a coder in.
- We weren't able to use the trackable links in Google Adwords, which is where most of our revenue comes from. The trackable link caused a problem with Google Adwords' own tracking URLs.