TRUE
TRUE

Easy to use and setup

May 01, 2022

You should probably buy someone else

April 22, 2022

The go to option for backing up Office 365

March 04, 2022

Better to be safe than sorry.

March 02, 2022

Veeam Backup for 365

December 16, 2021

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Rocks

October 01, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, and make your voice heard!

What is Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365?

Veeam® Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access and control over Office 365 data including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams — so that data is always protected and accessible.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.veeam.com/backup-microsoft…

7 people want pricing too

What is AWS Backup?

AWS Backup is a fully managed backup service from AWS, designed to make it easy to centralize and automate the back up of data across AWS services in the cloud as well as on premises using the AWS Storage Gateway. Using AWS Backup, users can centrally configure backup policies and monitor backup…

What is OwnBackup?

The OwnBackup platform is designed to provide a comprehensive Salesforce backup and recovery solution that minimizes user-inflicted data loss risk and costs, supports regulatory compliance, and builds business resiliency.

What is Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365?

Veeam® Backup for Microsoft 365 aims to eliminate the risk of losing access and control over Microsoft 365 data including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams – so that data is always protected and accessible. Veeam gives the user secure backup of Microsoft 365 to any location, including on premises, a hyperscale cloud, or a service provider and:

• Protects Microsoft 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
  • Quickly restores individual Microsoft 365 email, files and sites with industry-leading recovery flexibility
  • Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Microsoft 365 items

NEW in version 6 - Self-Service Restore Portal for Microsoft 365 environments, empowering IT administrators to securely delegate restores of emails, files and more from one, centralized location. V6 also includes backup copy to Amazon S3 Glacier, Glacier Deep Archive and Azure Archive, enhancing cloud object storage integrations, which already include AWS S3, Azure Blob, IBM Cloud, Wasabi and other S3-compatible providers.

The vendor offers a 30-day trial and a short demo series on Office 365 backup.

Useful resources:

Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Screenshots

Create a backup of your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business and Teams data. Schedule jobs to run when you want, as often as you wantLeverage advanced search capabilities and flexible recovery and export options to perform eDiscovery on Microsoft 365 mailboxes, emails, files or sites — just as easily as you would with a traditional on-premises data backupEasily restore Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business and Teams data from a Veeam backup. With Veeam, you get the power of choice, with over 25 ways to restore from Office 365 backups to meet the specific recovery needs of your business

Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Video

Watch this short demo video to learn how to backup and recover Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business data with Veeam

Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Downloadables

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365?

What is Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365?

The most common users of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Currently, we are using Microsoft O365 for departmental purposes. Veeam Backup for O365 is being used for all the users who are using Microsoft O365 email services. Since Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is not available for other email services backup, we cannot extend its usability and platform for email server backup as of now.
  • Simple to deploy and ease of use for management.
  • Multiple options for storing backup, including on-premise and on the cloud.
  • Once configured, backup task runs automatically.
  • Backup can complete users' profiles in Emails/Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams.
  • Currently, we cannot delete old backups, which consumes the allotted storage space.
  • Management is not cloud-based.
  • It requires the latest update to run.
  • Multiple licenses are a bit confusing.
If you are using Microsoft Office 365, Veeam Backup is the best suited. By default, Microsoft Office 365 provides backup for only 30 days so Microsoft recommends using a 3rd party tool for achieving backup of user emails for storage purposes or restoration purposes. We are able to schedule when the backup process needs to start.
Veeam Backup was required for our Microsoft Office 365 email service users, as with MS you do not get the flexibility of setting policies or configuring the backup and retention period. If a user deleted an email or lost access to their email repository, it was a tedious task to restore that email. Hence, it was necessary to use a backup tool for MS O365. We are getting almost all usability features and functionality with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a simple to deploy, easy-to-use, and user and admin-friendly tool. We can schedule the backup and it's easy to restore it. Also, this is not just for email backup. With Veeam you can even take backup of other MS services like Teams, SharePoint, and other tools that are bundled with Microsoft O365 service.
We received support from Veeam for the initial setup, but since the configuration was done successfully we have not raised any calls or support tickets on the Veeam TAC/support center.
We used Veeam Backup for MS365 to backup our O365 mailbox and OneDrive data. MS does not have a native backup for O365, so we utilize Veeam Backup to handle this for us. We back up our data to MS Azure and then replicate it to another location for Disaster Recovery. It helps facilitate quick restores on deleted emails and in some cases compliance email searches.
  • Easy to set up
  • Easy to perform restores and searches
  • Easy to use interface
  • Could use improvement for offboarded mailboxes. If a mailbox is offboarded and we do a final backup, if we ever needed to perform a restore, it could take a bit to locate what date the backup was taken
The product works well and fulfills our requirement to backup O365 mailboxes and retain the data. It is easy to set up and has a friendly user interface.
MS does not have a native way to back up your O365 mailboxes and One Drive data. This was a gap for us when needing to perform restores. We evaluated a few different vendors, but Veeam was the clear choice in price, ease of use, and our familiarity with the product.
Documentation for setup is very easy to follow. The user interface is very friendly when navigating and trying to perform restores.
Support is the helpful and responsive the majority of the time.
I purchased it to simply backup my important users' emails. I use Veeam Backup and Replication and find the products do a great job; I really didn't look at other products when I purchased this one.
  • My CFO seemed to have lost a whole year of important emails. I simply restored them to his mailbox in a matter of minutes.
  • An employee left the company but an issue came up with a quote this person sent out. I could search his mailbox and got the quote as well as all communications from that customer.
  • It is nice to be able to search emails in various mailboxes without disturbing the user.
  • It is also nice to go back in time. Say they deleted those emails last month I can go back years if needed.
  • I found the interface a little sloppy; it could use some cleaning up.
  • I would love to see a search option to search through all backup mailboxes instead of selecting the date of the mailbox and searching.
  • I don't see why I can't change the computer hostname without having issues. Veeam Backup seems to tie it to the license. This should be independent.
  • I would like to see a way to add licenses from the interface. Presently you have to go and buy from a provider, then download the license. I want to add five more licenses, and it would be great to select five more licenses and just bill be billed or have the bill be added to an account.
I only give it a 9 because I have not seen other solutions, but for me, this product works as expected.
The fact that previously our machines didn't keep more than 30 days of backup on them. Availability is excellent in Office 365. Most users or companies do not understand the importance of email.

Years ago, as a consultant, I would ask the IT manager how important is email, and he would say sort of important. So I would unplug the ethernet from the server, and he would start to shake and say, "Plug it back in!" and I would repeat the question, and he would change his mind pretty quickly. People use email to "CYA" themselves all the time, so email is a critical function. I installed many email systems in the past; this is easy to install and simply works with little maintenance. I opened up the interface once in a while and upgraded it that way, but it didn't work. Now, I download the update from my Veeam account and install it.
It works what else can you ask for
Good, but I have not had anything really to support. The only support case was because I changed the hostname on the PC.
We use Veeam to backup the rest of our environment and have been happy with it so I thought having a single vendor for all backup would be great. But we've not been able to get backups complete and support is unable to assist. It has created more business problems than it solved. We were trying to back up our Sharepoint Online environment.
  • I can't think of anything
  • Would like to be able to get a monthly contract so I'd know if it worked prior to purchase and getting trapped in a yearly contract
  • Would be nice if it backed up Sharepoint fully, support says that's not possible
  • Would be great if I could manage Veeam for VmWare and 365 in same console
  • A working product would be nice
Would tell my colleague to buy literally anything else.
Microsoft doesn't provide backups, only availability. If were are any mistakes or deletions you need to recover from, backup is essential for that.
Because it doesn't really work
They are responsive, but have been unable to help us and I don't think I've actually had a ticket actually resolved, just given up on.
We use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 for the complete backup of all our data from all users in Office 365. Especially with regard to the Corona pandemic, for example, Teams was used more and more - here it is of course elementarily important that we also have access to this data in case of emergency.
  • Very good documentation for stress-free commissioning.
  • Runs stable and reliable
  • Familiar interface
  • Better Reporting
When simply looking for a stress-free "fire & forget" solution, Veeam is always the right choice!
We just want to have an additional backup of our data in the Microsoft cloud. Veeam offers us this. Since we have been using Veeam for the backup of our VMWare clusters for a long time and it works error-free and stress-free, the choice for a backup solution of our M365 data was obvious.
It simply works
Until now we didn't need direct support, because in case of an error we always found a solution by a short search in the Veeam support forum!
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 allows us to offer a solid reliable solution to our clients for backing up their Office 365 data. It is easy to configure and reliable.
  • The software is very flexible in terms of where you want to locate your data. The object storage repositories work well and mean you can use any vendor that you like or even on-premise if you prefer.
  • Like all Veeam products, it's solid and reliable with great support if you ever need it. It's also updated frequently with new features being added.
  • Cost effective per user licensing model is easy to understand and budget for.
  • Licensing for backing up Sharepoint sites is based upon how many users have access to the site which doesn't always seem fair and can bump up costs dramatically if you only want to back up 1 small site but have a large volume of users.
Having used the software since it was released I would say that it's well suited to all users of M365 services. I also use it in a service provider setting where it works well and can operate a multi-tenancy setup etc. It's simple to use even for end-users in terms of carrying out restores of data.
Understanding the shared responsibility model led us to understand that backup of M365 data is a necessity. Unlike on-premise mail servers and backup solutions, Office 365 whilst being highly available does not maintain a separate backup of customers' data and so there are a number of scenarios whereby data loss can occur.
The software is user-friendly and simple to understand. Restores are easily carried out and you don't have to be an IT expert in order to use it.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 support is great. I have logged a number of cases with them that have always been resolved in a timely fashion by knowledgeable staff. Support is one of their strongest points.
We use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to backup our Exchange Online and SharePoint/OneDrive folders in a centralized fashion. While the SaaS offering from Microsoft is pretty solid as they are, the caution is never excessive, and we decided to take full advantage of the free tier (for a maximum of 10 users) and started taking daily backups of our Microsoft 365 assets.
  • Backup Exchange Online and SharePoint/OneDrive
  • Save on license costs for small teams
  • Recover from accidental deletions that occurred outside the recycle bin window
  • Have peace of mind about your data
  • The UI and recovery process runs pretty slowly on older hardware
If you have Microsoft 365 accounts and want that extra layer of data protection, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a great solution. And it is even greater if you can use the free license for small teams. Currently, I didn't find any flaw in our use case, and I'm pretty satisfied with the results after three years in production.
We decided to back up our Office 365 data because a consulting group told us it could be beneficial in some edge cases. We had some spare room on our backup server and decided to allocate it to Office 365 to add that extra layer of security. For us, the main use case is in the event some malicious user would delete our cloud data after gaining access to our accounts.
The logical structure is pretty clear, and the UI does a pretty good job of representing it. Having separate software for backup navigation and restoration is somehow painful (because of different updates every time). Also, working with outdated hardware results in pretty long waits for common operations, but that's to be expected, and it's also clearly signaled by a message on-screen during setup.
We never reached out to Veeam support directly. Whenever I needed to search for some information on the web, I found the answer in the Veeam Forum, so nothing to complain about so far.
Victor Padro | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it with a few clients to back up the most important mailboxes from the key users, management users, and top-of-the-chain users. We also use it to back up the share point IT repositories, including the users I just described. All these backups are made locally on a 3rd party S3 provider, which works out well for our clients.
  • Backup Microsoft 365 mailboxes locally
  • Backup SharePoint repositories locally
  • Backup all the above to an S3 block storage
  • Maybe backing up the Teams recording sessions
  • Better protection to ransomware
  • PowerBi backups would be awesome too
Actually, the scenarios we have deployed were thoroughly analyzed since the requirements for our clients depending on the local IRS laws which needed to comply with a 7-year tax records retention which included emails, invoices, files that were sent and delivered from and to providers using Office 365 mailing system, also the SharePoint repositories were used to archive some of these records throughout the years, so using Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 was a no brainer, was deployed in a breeze.
Because, as I mentioned, we needed a solution for us and our clients which can help us to fulfill the local tax laws in order to keep a 7-year retention policy for the different Microsoft 365 mailboxes, including their files, repositories, and whatever needed to fulfill this requirement for each of the different scenarios.
Well, it has its learning curve but doesn't seem as much as complicated as trying to backup all the sensitive information locally and then to tapes. Since we are used to using IBM TSM technologies, it became difficult to retain all the info without downloading hundreds of files, outlook psts, etc. and then send them to a repository which was backed up weekly, with a few clicks Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 helped us to do it in no time, and also we still use our library to keep an extra backup just in case.
Well, we haven't really used Veeam support for this product specifically.
Mark Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
One of our suppliers provides us a service to backup specific Office 365 accounts using Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, and we have found it to be a seamless service. Giving us the peace of mind that if we were to make a mistake with an account, we could safely get back to the position we needed to.
  • Backing up complete Office 365 mail accounts
  • It would be nice to have the ability for the supplier to provide the end-user with some visuals of the current state
With cloud-based solutions, it is harder to back up our email as we could with Exchange accounts. Having said that, the power of cloud over local storage is brilliant for us, so having Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 provides us the peace of mind we need.
The realisation that Microsoft offers no guarantees about your data and that in the event of loss with a problem with their servers, we may lose data we thought was safe.
We don't operate it, so we can't comment beyond what the supplier tells us that it is easy to implement.
When speaking to our supplier, they explained the great level of service that Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 provides.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office is used to store all data associated with our organization's Microsoft 365 suite. This allows for peace of mind for a variety of concerns including employee turnover, cyber security, and cloud-based storage. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 works behind the scenes allowing for a seamless backup experience.
  • Cloud-Based Backup.
  • Data security.
  • Accessibility
  • Frequent updates.
  • The lack of flexibility during the setup/data migration phase.
  • It is challenging to remove unwanted data that is no longer needed for backup (i.e. terminated employees).
  • The Veeam search feature feels outdated.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is an affordable solution for any organization to back up their data and files. For less than a few dollars (USD) per month, you can ensure your data is stored off-site safely and securely. If your organization uses Microsoft 365 for its everyday operations, this is the perfect solution for you.
As I noted earlier, our organization must maintain records and make them accessible to the public for a specific period of time. Microsoft Office 365 does not promise permanent record-keeping for files, specifical emails on Outlook. With frequent right-to-know requests from the Public, Veeam provides an easy solution to ensure that data saved on its platform is secure and accessible at any time.
Once the software is uploaded to your organization's Office 365 account it is seamless to operate. You do not have to stress about backing up your data because it is done automatically.
I cannot honestly say that I have needed to contact customer support very often. The software provides data backup and doesn't require much user interaction after setup. The sales and implementation team was very helpful. I have no complaints.
December 16, 2021

Veeam Backup for 365

I use Veeam Backup for [Microsoft] Office 365 for a number of our companies in order to have a secondary backup of data on-site for quick restoration when/if needed. Previous IT team members only relied on Sharepoint's built-in backup solution, which is not sufficient.
  • Easy to configure and connect to 365 tenant
  • Does not over utilize resources on local server during the backups
  • Intuitive backup and restore process
  • Restore functionality would better be served through a wizard process
Veeam Backup for [Microsoft] Office 365 has saved our data in a number of instances where a SharePoint object was deleted, and we could not find it anywhere else. I don't believe Veeam Backup for [Microsoft] 365 would be appropriate for larger companies that created and/or changed their 365 Sharepoint sites frequently.
While Sharepoint has its own backup and recovery mechanisms, they are not sufficient when the data being stored there is vital to our business units.
I would prefer it have more wizards and [an] intuitive setup for backup and recovery.
I think support could be a little more timely.
We just adopted Office 365 in our environment. It is a big step for the company I am working for; we used to be 100% on-prem company. For on-prem exchange, we are using Veeam Backup & Replication. We like how it has been backing up. That's why we select Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 as well. It will be used across the whole organization and also will help us to retain one copy of data as backup off Microsoft Cloud Storage.
  • Easy to set up and configure.
  • It can store data on premises or in the cloud.
  • Recovery is easy and flexible.
  • It is still early for us to tell what Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 needs to improve. We just adopted O365 and are still in the process of migrating. Once we are on the Cloud, we should have more insight on pros and cons.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is good for our environment as we were already using Veeam Backup & Replication. The GUI is fairly straightforward. Also, there is a pretty good Veeam user community for sharing experience and tricks/tips.
As stated, we used to be 100% on-prem; we would like to obtain a copy of backup even it is from Cloud. We were already using a Veeam product, would like to have single platform to backup data from cloud as well.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is easy to use. On Veeam portal, there are lots of resources on how to do things and demo videos. Also, Veeam user group is pretty helpful as well.
We like that Veeam is hosting many seminars demo frequently. We see this is as part of support as well; to train users and to answer questions. For Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, we have not have a need open a support case. However, from other Veeam product support, Veeam is doing very well.
We use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 for backing up all of our 3 tenants. I think it's important to keep a backup, even though it's "in the cloud" people can still delete emails, etc. by mistake.
  • I just need to point it at Exchange Online, and it will backup everything related to Exchange Online.
  • "It just works."
  • Easier integration with Office 365. Takes some time to set up permissions, but that's probably on Microsoft, not Veeam.
It's good for companies that already use Veeam and have a repo ready. Then it's just adding Office 365 as well and watch the magic happen.
I was using Veeam Backup and Replication already. Seemed like a no brainer.
It's a little tricky to set up, but when it's set up it just works.
Have not used support.
George Daher, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a 100% cloud company using Office 365 Business One Drive for our file share. We needed a backup solution with quick reliable restore of our entire 365 environments, namely Exchange, and One Drive. It is used by IT to back up the whole organization and it addresses our need for backup and restore as well as the ability to store offsite.
  • Set it and forget it backup jobs.
  • Easy restore.
  • Extremely intuitive.
If you want to back up Office 365 there is no easier system than Veeam to do so. This is the second company where I've implemented this technology.
I inherited a new company to manage IT, and needed a backup and restore solution. I had the same scenario at my previous company. I was partnered with a local MSP Accudata System who came in and pitched a backup solution for Office 365 using Veeam. I was quickly impressed at its speed and usability. It sold itself.
The fact that I evaluated it at one company and used for several years then came to a new company and brougt it with me. This was a home run with upper management.
I have only once had to call support and it was a fast, easy experience to get to the right tech via prompts and I was surprised and pleased to get a native speaker.
Using it to back up Exchange Online mailboxes, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams across the entire org. It solves our legal retention needs and provides quick recovery of any item deleted from 365.
  • Easy and quick recovery of any email or file from 365 environment.
  • Backup hybrid Exchange deployments.
  • Veeam Explorer makes it easy to verify backups.
  • Unable to backups to other sites for offsite retention or recovery needs.
  • Ability to restore Exchange Online mailboxes directly to on-premise Exchange server.
  • Better compression of backup data.
It works well for full Exchange Online/365 org. It will backup both Exchange Online and Exchange On-prem hybrid environments, but the restore options are not that great for online to on-prem recovery scenarios.
We had a user that left the org and we removed that user's license from 365. Microsoft only keeps the mailbox or data for 30 days after removing the license. We needed to find something almost 90 days later and it was all gone from 365. We purchased Veeam Backup for 365 right after that. Now we can recover any 365 item from Veeam anytime, no matter how long it's been. I just had a restore request recently and the restore required me to go back almost one year to find something and it was all there. Recovered everything we needed in 5 minutes. Lifesaver!
Very easy to use and set up.
Support could be better. We worked with support on a few issues in the beginning and we were told incorrect information more than once.
August 31, 2021

Veeam does the job!

We have a SharePoint site in Office 365 where we publish reports for the entire organization. We also use the same site to publish our HR policies, company news and links to internal and external applications. We did not want to keep copies of all this data on our internal system in order to have a backup outside of Microsoft. This would defeat the purpose of using a cloud application.
  • Fairly easy to implement
  • Interface is easy to use just like the normal Veeam Backup and Recovery interface
  • It just works with no hiccups
  • Able to move this backup like our others to Wasabi, utilizing cloud storage
  • Cannot remove old backups. The first backup has to stay perpetually.
  • Not as straight forward to implement as normal Veeam.
  • Would like to have the backup go directly to the cloud rather than residing on my hardware initially.
Once implemented it is easy to backup and restore all data. It holds all data from the first backup which we would not want. Would much prefer the backup [to] work as "normal Veeam" where you can specify what period a backup is retained. Normal Veeam gives us the ability to set consistent retention schedules.
Microsoft states that you are responsible for your data. This meant to us if something catastrophic happened with our data they would take no responsibility. We were already a very satisfied customer of Veeam's, so we thought it would be the perfect fit.
It does exactly what is needed simply.
When implementing, Veeam provided outstanding support in order to get things up and running.
We are using it globally in our OUG and it is replacing our existing backup solution from another third-party vendor. We wanted to streamline our backup solution since we were already using Veeam on the infrastructure. With this change, we now have the same interface for internal backup and cloud backup making it much easier for our support department. We have been a happy customer of Veeam for many years so this was a natural choice for us, and to also move the O365 backup to Veeam. Great support. Stable software.
  • Simple to use.
  • Stable product.
  • Keeps getting better for every update.
  • Being able to backup private groups in Teams.
If you know Veeam already, it's just easy to use. And if you are new, then it is very easy to start to use.
We had an existing solution that did not follow the evolution in Office 365, so we needed to move to another product that was more up to date.
It is just simple and easy to use.
Always fast support if needed.
I backup all email accounts and archives for the entire company. Also, I back up all company SharePoint documents.
  • Backup is fast.
  • Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 explorer is excellent.
  • Restores are flawless.
  • Wish it wouldn't send emails with non-existent employees.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is well-suited to any organization concerned with users deleting emails or SharePoint data.
My fear would be Microsoft losing data. Also, if I had a user do something silly like delete all their emails as well as trash, I would want Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. This is highly unlikely but better safe than sorry.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is easy to use and has excellent GUI. I would recommend it to anyone.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 support is awesome. They always reply and get to the root of any problem.
August 24, 2021

Veeam works

Ravi Pudi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It’s used to back up the O365 mailboxes, share point sites, OneDrive, and teams sites.
We didn’t have any backups in place before this.
This covers our disaster recovery just in case anything is deleted accidentally.
Also, it covers us in case a virus or malware gets into users' mailboxes and causes widespread issues.

• Ease of use.
  • Security.
  • UI could be improved.
  • More integrations.
  • Cover d365 as well.
It works, and it is so easy to use and set up. It’s feature intensive with just a simple setup. It was initially difficult to convince the management to approve this as their understanding is, it’s in the cloud and should just work and take care of itself. I had to show them the shared responsibility model and educate them about the risks that we were not covering.

Don’t see any scenarios wherein it’s not appropriate. We can’t have enough backups.
There were no backups to start with, and management was under the impression that it was in the cloud and everything was covered already. Once they understood the shared responsibility model, they were convinced of its importance, and we implemented this for the company. Setup was a breeze thanks to the documentation available and forums.
I give it this rating because it is very intuitive and easy to use. The backup planning is very simple to set up, and the number of cloud providers it supports is immense. We were not locked into just a few cloud providers and could choose what we wanted, we set it up with the encryption levels we needed and the recoverability we wanted.
The Veeam support is the best. I never had to raise any issues yet, but I found all the answers in the Veeam forums and the people in forums were able to answer any queries we had without any issues. And the kB articles are well structured and easy to read, which makes our issue resolution that much faster.
Tony Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 across the whole organisation to ensure that we have a complete on-prem backup of our Office 365 data. It helps us to solve the problems that are created by cloud-based SaaS where the data is stored off-prem and on other companies' servers. By using Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 we can completely automate the process of keeping a copy of all that data on-prem and recover any that might be lost for any reason.
  • Fast Deployment - Removes the usual barriers associated with setting up and configuring backup software, meaning our data is protected quicker.
  • Simple Interface - Means that training of employees to use the software is minimal and ensures that there are no complications when adding data to backup.
  • Low TCO - The per user subscription model is priced at a level which makes it extremely cost effective and almost a no brainer for finance to approve budget for.
  • Currently the explorers for viewing the backed-up data are separate applications, it would be nice to have this functionality built into the main Veeam Backup for Office 365 interface to speed up recovery.
  • A dashboard that opens when you run the admin console that displays the relevant data about the backups of each of the Office 365 data types backed-up so that you can see any issues quickly.
  • Can be difficult to reconfigure the organisation due to certificate and secrets having to be re-entered but the certificate created by the software is not kept.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a must for any organisation that uses Exchange, OneDrive, Teams or SharePoint on the Office 365 platform it is perfect for a small to medium-sized business that wants a quick, effective, and low-cost solution to ensure that they protect their corporate data stored in the Microsoft cloud, remember that Microsoft doesn't make any guarantees about backing up and recovering your data so if you have problems and lose it without the backups you will not be able to recover easily. For larger enterprises it is possibly too basic and maybe lacking in features that they would expect, they may be better off using the integration with larger backup software.
Like most companies, we believed that our data was safe when stored in the Office 365 cloud environment and that Microsoft took all the required steps to secure it and also to protect it from loss. Unfortunately, an article in an online blog sent shockwaves through the team when we found out that Microsoft does not actively backup your Office 365 data and that all organisations needed to ensure that they had some form of backup system in place to ensure that if Microsoft had a major failure or your data was compromised and deleted somehow. It was at this point we started looking for solutions to the need of backing up Office 365 data and as a user of Veeam Backup & Recovery for our VM's and Physical systems we knew that we could rely on them to offer a solution that would work out of the box.
The software is so intuitive and simple to use that there is almost no need to read the manuals in order to install, configure or administrate it. Costs and time can be saved due to this as no real staff training is required other than to show them where it is installed and how to open the console. Restoring data is made fast too with missing data restored with a few clicks and minimal downtime.
The technical support from Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is extremely good compared with others in the software industry. They have multiple channels to obtain support and all of them offer fast, friendly and knowledgeable responses that resolve 99% of queries the first time around. Even if you are simply looking to know how to do something within the software they will remote on and talk you through the process, rather than just send you to a prewritten guide online.
Steve McNamee | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to have a safe backup of our staff emails. This has been a great extension to our current Veeam Backup of all our physical and VM servers. Using Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 has been a very easy experience, and that is what you want with backup\recoveries. Deployment is very quick and easy to get deployed. The backups are performed quickly which means that our internet bandwidth is not being utilized for long periods of time. I really enjoy using these products so much so I am using Veeam backup at home as well.
  • Deployment - Very quick and easy to do.
  • Speed - Fast backups means less internet bandwidth used which is always a bonus.
  • Reliability - Backups run when set and you can be sure they will.
  • Data Restore - Easy to use if you need to restore a large or small amount of data.
  • Backs up OneDrive, SharePoint, and Exchange in one solution.
  • Storage can be onsite and cloud.
  • Clearer error information, more details.
  • Hard to fault as I am very happy with the product.
As we are only using this to currently backup staff emails, we find it is perfect. By law, we need to retain information for long periods. If we have the need to find a staff member's emails, and they have left, we can have trust in knowing it can be pulled from our backups.
We needed some old emails that were required after an infrastructure upgrade and data backup. The company contracted to do this work discovered that the emails were not backed up. We discussed the need to get an effective system as a high priority. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 had the solution already, and as we already used Veeam it was a no brainer.
It is a simple, easy process. There are no complicated tasks to using this.
When I have had issues, the tech and documented support have been amazing. The documented support or online knowledge base has full detail and processes needed to resolve the issue you are having.
It is used across the whole organization. I am the single point of contact for all technical issues related to Office 365. The Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 addresses our need for a reliable set-it and forget-it backup solution.
  • It is easy to configure as it has the same look and feel of Veeam Backup and Replication.
  • It is very granular with the ability to enable the options that we need.
  • The support team has been easy to work with. Their deep knowledge of the product and good communication skills allows them to effectively answer our questions in a timely manner.
  • The search capabilities need to be enhanced. A user once asked for a specific file to be restored but had no idea when it was deleted. There is not a means in Veeam to be able to search for a file name and have it return the last date and time that file was backed up.
Our office utilizes Veeam Backup and Replication for DR and archival of our virtual server infrastructure. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a great fit in this environment. I especially appreciate the fact that it verifies the validity of the backups on its own, enabling it to be a good "set it and forget it" backup solution.
My awakening to the need for a more robust backup solution came when the CEO asked me to restore a deleted folder in his Outlook inbox that had been deleted months before! He didn't realize it had been deleted until it was needed months later. Yikes! This required a third party backup solution that Veeam filled.
The look and feel of the user interface is identical to that of Veeam Backup and Recovery. Its well laid out structure with easily identifiable intuitive modules makes my time spent there fast and efficient. It is very usable.
The Veeam support staff seem as if I am always dealing with a third-tear support technician. I am no longer forced to spend large amounts of time going over the obvious solutions. I appreciate that. They are knowledgeable and helpful.
Used across entire company. Gives us more control over mail backup than Microsoft offers. We need to quickly be able to restore mails or mailboxes without using the not so user friendly one from Microsoft.
  • Easy backup, easy to set up.
  • Very easy restore of mails or entire mailboxes.
  • Could be quicker to back up. Not good with very large SharePoint installations.
I think it's very suited for those who want control of their backup locally, and those who find Microsoft's solution a little too basic.
We could not use the one provided by Microsoft. You need a third-party backup, and Veeam is already our mail backup platform and has been so for 10 years.
It's easy to use and very reliable.
We are very satisfied with the performance and ease of use, but there's always room for improvement!
Our company uses Veeam Backup for MS O365 to back up our all of our companies data that resides in O365 in the Cloud. This IS our recovery solution for our O365 service which gives us a recovery solution for those unforeseen events that do occur from time to time. We have tested the recovery capabilities and they work great.
  • Recovery of accidental deleted O365 items is quick
  • Protects us from security threats
  • Backs up our MS Teams environment
  • Does an outstanding eDiscovery
  • So far we have no suggestions for room for improvement. It works fine for us today.
The Veeam Backup for O365 is well suited for all customers using O365. It offers you a O365 backup solution that you control where you want to backup your data to. You can backup your companies O365 data to your on premise location or another service provider location.
We knew we needed a backup solution for our Microsoft O365 service since Microsoft states that they do not offer a comprehensive backup solution for our companies O365 data. So we researched various O365 backup solutions and selected Veeam as the solution to move forward with. We are very happy with our decision and it has run flawlessly.
The Veeam Backup for O365 UI is very intuitive and makes our IT staff efficient when using the product. The product just works and does its job well.
We received quick answers for all support cases that we opened with Veeam.
Veeam Backup for [Microsoft Office 365] is used everyday. It gives us the backup coverage that Microsoft 365 doesn't. It's simple easy to use and can be configured to backup to a number of repositories on our local network and in the cloud.
This really [is] the best solution to retain Microsoft 365 data.
  • No fuss Backup
  • Reliable
  • Value TCO
  • Subscription only
Veeam [Backup for Microsoft Office 365] works and can be used in any M365 situation.
We needed a solution that guaranteed the data that we have in Office 365 would be backed up and easily accessible.
Very easy to configure and setup.
[Very] easy to export retrieved data.
Depending on what level of support you have the Veeam support team will respond and actually get you back on track if you experience an issue that you can't resolve.