Reviews (1-25 of 67)
- Integration with Office 365 is relatively easy to set up
- Licensing costs make sense and are affordable for SMBs
- Very easy to find and recover emails and OneDrive files with the built-in tools
- More detailed reporting of backups
- Setting up connections when your tenant is using MFA is a bit cumbersome still.
- Once configured, it seems to run with few errors
- The Azure "appliance" keeps us from having to purchase new hardware
- It was a little confusing to get it configured.
- We had to open tickets with Veeam and Microsoft to connect it.
- ORG Backups
- Restores for archiving
- Managing jobs that hang gets messy, and the solution doesn't seem polished.
- Logging is just not conducive to troubleshooting, and 9/10 times you have to open a support ticket.
- The backup configuration software easily allows the selection of all users' mailboxes and Sharepoint groups so you can configure the software with confidence and quickly see that all of your data is being protected.
- The explorer applications allow for flexibility in scope and detail when exploring your backup catalogue.
- I personally find the licensing protocols, including the logic behind the pricing and the method of installing updated licence files to be rather confusing, we have logged this issue twice already.
- As all online data is potentially chargeable we did ask if there could a data size total for each user and Sharepoint group but we were told there was not sufficient demand for this.
- Very easy to interrogate console and retrieve information.
- Flexibility as to where restored data can be sent.
- Licensing can be confusing.
- Not easy to add extra licenses on without setting up multiple renew periods.
- Easy to configure
- Great Support team who respond quickly and are friendly
- Intuitive search features make finding and restoring easy
- The Explorer features should be as standard out of the box
- A reporting dashboard would make it easier to investigate any issues
- Selecting the Office 365 areas to back up could be sorted into specific application areas
- Performs 365 backups easily and without issue.
- Interface is easy to understand and use.
- Restoring is powerful. Can search and restore anything from entire mailboxes to individual emails.
- A more advanced search might be useful.
- The software was simple to setup and works seamlessly.
- The restore process is simple as well.
- I have not had any issues with the software since installing it.
- This software only works with a local or external USB drive. It needs to be able to backup to a NAS solution.
- Ease of use
- Detailed reporting of backup successes and failures
- Supports a wide variety of Office 365 products
- Exchange Online point in time browsing and export is slow
- Lack of support for Teams message history
- Warnings and Errors in reports are vague
- Great UI and easy to pick up and configure.
- Backups are seamless and effective.
- Detailed backup reporting is missing - Only success, error, and failure.
- Requires Windows to run, no Linux/WebUI support.
- User interface: Simple, fast, intuitive, streamlined and just easy to use!
- Simple Office 365 integration: No VPN needed for Azure, backup of all O365 components out of the box.
- The biggest thing for me would be if it was integrated into Veeam Backup & Recovery so I didn't have to run 2 pieces of software.
- Add in backup replication: currently, Veeam for Office 365 doesn't include options for backup replication to other storage or off-site. This means my B&R server has to run a backup of the Veeam for O365 server to get the backups off-site. Integrate with Veeam Backup & Recovery and this would be resolved.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Scorecard Summary
About Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
Veeam® Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access and control over Office 365 data including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams – so that data is always protected and accessible. Veeam gives the user secure backup of Office 365 to any location, including on premises, a hyperscale cloud, or a service provider and:
- Protects Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
- Quickly restores individual Office 365 email, files and sites with industry-leading recovery flexibility
- Meet legal and compliance requirements with efficient eDiscovery of Office 365 items
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Screenshots
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Video
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Downloadables
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Integrations
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Veeam sells through channel partners. Contact your partner for detailed pricing and quotes. If you do not have a partner, you can find a reseller or contact sales for assistance: https://www.veeam.com/salesinc.html. For the latest information on pricing, visit https://www.veeam.com/backup-microsoft-office-365-pricing.html
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|