Incremental backup identification (171)
Recovery verification (154)
Multiple backup destinations (165)
Deduplication and file compression (159)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Veeam Backup & Replication, and make your voice heard!
Veeam Backup Essentials
Backup & Replication
Contact sales team
Contact sales team
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Veeam’s® premier product, Veeam Backup & Replication™, delivers availability for cloud, virtual, Kubernetes and physical workloads. Through a simple-by-design management console, users are offered what is presented as a fast, flexible, reliable Backup, archival, recovery and replication.
- Continuous Data Protection
- Fast, reliable application-aware, image-based backups
- Unlimited capacity and cost savings for long-term data retention on object storage with new Veeam Cloud Tier
- Enterprise application support for Veeam Plug-ins for SAP HANA and Oracle RMAN
- Instant recovery for NAS, Microsoft SQL and Oracle
- Recover individual files easily with Instant VM and File-level Recovery
- Easy portability and recovery to AWS, Azure and Azure Stack with NEW Veeam Cloud Mobility
- Recover individual files with Instant VM and File-level Recovery
- Portability and recovery to AWS, Azure and Azure Stack with NEW Veeam Cloud Mobility
- Fast, item-level and application recovery for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, and SQL Server and Oracle
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Live recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||40%|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Providing security
- Storing in chunks
- Granular settings.
- Self sustaining.
- Intuitive portal.
- Training portal.
- Consistent Daily backups
- Automate copy to offsite
- Immutable backup storage
- requires a little bit of upfront training to take advantage of all features
- Data is moved to our offsite colocation for quick recovery should it be needed.
- Reporting of issues with backups could be better.
- The ability to see why a backup failed could be improved.
- Replicate vm to offsite
- Keep vm with retention period of each vm snapshot
- Send alert for success and fail replicate job
- The use of proxy seems not smart enough
- Vm restore can be more intuitive
- Vm replicate fail if no repository
- Backup of virtual machines as per schedule timings and generate alert on email.
- Restoration of machine from backup is very easy and simple.
- We can backup data to multiple locations location, network, and cloud.
- Backup of Xen Server VMs not supported.
- Difficult to restore backup on new physical machine.
- Creation of multiple backup copies in same process.
- Incremental backup of Hyper-V VM's
- Restoring individual files from any existing restore point
- Replication of Hyper-V VMs between servers
- Possibility to replicate jobs and restore points to another Veeam console
- Possibility to add google drive as external repository
- Emails status of backup
- Can't really think of much I like about Veeam, sorry.
- The GUI is terrible and seems unorganized. Feels like I'm still in the 90s.
- The error reporting is abysmal and unhelpful
- Constantly has issues with needing to resync with the repository
- Create quick and easy backups
- Recovers data with ease in an event
- Backing up the whole environment helps save a lot of time
- There is a sort of learning curve which can be challenging for new users
- I feel the price is also comparatively expensive
- There could also be some improvements in terms of displaying the data
- Easy to use single pain of glass enterprise backup and recovery product
- Replication of backup data to our DR datacenter and into AWS
- Immutable storage of backups to guard against a ransomware attack
- Mixing of License Types - We currently have to run two servers, one for socket licenses and the second for universal licenses
- Oracle backups took a while to get working
- Providing a fast and reliable backup
- Get an simple overview of our backups
- Making a restore of a server very easy
- Making it easier to correct an instance license problem with agents
- No need recover all the operating system to recover one folder or file
- Useful user interface to reach required backup object
- You can create a recovery plan for emergency case
- User input is understandable to create correct backup configuration
- License mechanism should change
- Management interface should be accessible via web browser
- There should be best practices for backup plan to advise to user
- Unattended backups and replication
- Leveraging snapshots for rapid recovery
- Working with immutable storage solutions to prevent ransomware.
- Backing up over the internet to on-prem servers.
- Quick Backups
- Easy to configure
- Good Support & Training modules
- Better reporting for all jobs
- Backup storage management/inventory
- Backup Chain Migration
- Success/Fail Reporting on completed backup jobs could provide more information
- Fast file backup recovery.
- Dedicated support team.
- Faster support resolutions.
- Ease of Use
- Large Feature Set
- Good Support
- Log reporting can be clunky, should be available for each job via the job
- Reporting is an additional feature (Veeam One) backup reporting overview should be visible within VB&R
- The application-aware processing is something we use heavily. We rely on it to protect numerous MS SQL server instances with very aggressive schedules to capture transaction logs during our workday. This gives us the ability to perform granular restores of SQL data with no loss.
- Veeam Backup & Replication is very quick to perform backup and restore operations using commodity hardware, which is much more economical than specialized platforms.
- The license application could be overhauled to pull information from the Veeam customer portal.
- Protects our data with nightly incremental backups
- Allows for quick restoral of data if needed
- Can create new 'full backups' from data sets without having to perform a full backup
- The interface is a bit clunky...I preferred it before they 'fisher priced' the interface
- Support can be problematic, as it takes a while to get someone to respond to a ticket; that MAY be related to Covid
- The cost has gone up considerably in recent years.
- Compression of VMs
- User Friendly Interface
- Quick deployment
- Make it easier to extract backup files. Allow users to grab exact files and folders that are needed.
- Day to day backup with no hassle
- Copying online backups to tape
- Genuinely happy with what I've got!
- Easy to install/configure
- Easy restoring of systems
- Just works
- Nothing at least in our current environment
- Quick restore
- Automated testing
- License portability
- Licensing complexity
- Virtual workloads
- Integrates directly with VMware.
- Easy interface.
- Lot of options to replicate data to Azure but how to pick the right one and replicating is a challenge.
- Seamlessly does backup copies to other storage
- Easy individual email restores of exchange
- Easy testing of backups to make sure they are working correctly
- The SureBackup needs to be able to work using physical server it would run faster
- Its tape backup is simple, which makes it good, but I could see where it could need more functionality
- If there was a way to support more hyper-converged environments like HPE SimpliVity
- The license model is changing from per socket to something else, and that will actually cost us more money in the long run