Abila MIP Fund Accounting Review
August 02, 2016
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
MIP is used by the Finance Unit of the organization. We use if for all financial reporting.
- The reports feature of MIP is the best feature of the software. You can sort and run reports on any individual or multiple segments as well as accounting periods.
- The software is easy to use and learn.
- The software offers a multitude of help options. You can read help guides and checklists on how to perform functions. They have an online community that you can connect with. You can chat live online when looking for help or you can call in with questions. MIP has covered all the bases.
- Closing out a fiscal year was difficult the last two years. I was told it was a programming issue with SQLServer. When you log off of MIP, you are not instantly logged off of the program. You remain logged into the sqlserver and it may take some time for that disconnect to happen.
- The cost of the software is out of reach for some non-profits. Its a shame that MIP does not offer a small package for the smaller organizations.
- It would be nice when looking at the list of choice in a segment if the inactive and deactivated codes would not show up in the list.
- We recently signed up with a third party for using MIP in the cloud. It was the best thing we could have done. It has almost eliminated our need for our in-house IT support team. They can now concentrate on other needs rather than keeping our accounting software up and running.
- Abilia MIP has enabled us to meet all deadlines for our funders because of the reporting mechanism available with the software.
We currently manage over 100 sources of funding from about 30 different sources of funding. We would not be able to do this as efficiently as we do with MIP. We do all of our budgeting and financial statement reporting with MIP. In addition, we prepare payroll in-house with MIP which has saved us money and time. Payroll entries carry over into the accounting side for posting with the click of a button.
We are a non-profit and need a reliable fund accounting package. MIP is the best.
Any organization that has multiple funds and/or funds with different reporting cycles and different reporting needs would benefit from this program. The cost of the software will make it prohibitive to some organizations. MIP offers many applications and modules that make a non-profits accounting and financial needs run smoothly. In addition to fund accounting, MIP offers a payroll module that enables an organization to do payroll in-house and it seamlessly transfers all payroll allocations into the accounting side. MIP also offers an HR program that works side by side with payroll and it offers a fundraising software that easily transfers data into accounting.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
3 - The Finance Director does all of the administrative work with the program and is supported by an accounting manager. We use a third party to store and use MIP in the cloud.
8 - MIP Fund Accounting is used by our Finance unit. We have two bookkeepers that use it to process AP, three grant accountants that use it for budgeting and financial reporting to funders, an accountant that uses it for bank reconciliations and a finance director that uses it for financial statements. In addition we have a payroll specialist that uses it to process a bi-monthly payroll.