Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
We have a small marketing team in regards to people and Act-On lets us maximize our time and efforts to reach our audience as if we had 100 team members. We have been able to better segment and target our audience to provide more relevant content which has increased our engagement. Our sales team loves it as well and has seen extreme benefits in knowing what our prospects are engaging in.
- Ease of Use - this tool can help a marketing team accomplish an astronomical amount of initiatives, whether small or large (I've worked with it for both) because it's easy to setup. Within one month I was able to setup multiple automated programs.
- Customer Support - I feel like they are my friends. I talk to them often, not because of issues but because I ask a lot of questions and they are always there to help right away.
- Customization - the tool may seem basic at first glance, however you can customize so many different areas to work exactly how you need it to for your business. They don't try to mold you into specific things, they work right into your marketing landscape.
- Innovation - I've been using Act On for over 5 years now. I've seen it grow. I've seen my feature suggestions get implemented, and not long after they are asked. The tool is constantly evolving and product management truly listens to their customers on new features.
- Google Adwords - their report is great, however there are limitations. It only shows people clicking through ads that are visiting your website for the first time and submit a form during that session. This needs to be expanded to accommodate for attribution models that may consider someone a conversion if they come back within 90 days, etc.
- Salesforce Sync - Act-On will push things directly to Salesforce upon a form submit or through an automated program, however list syncs from Salesforce to Act-On are limited and can be done every 4 hours (unless manual push). It would be better if the lists would just automatically sync in real-time.
- Marketing efficiency in creating and executed programs/campaigns.
- Increased tracking of engagement and sources
- Sales efficiency in using templates, seeing what prospects are engaging in.
- Enhanced prospecting. Sales can follow up on leads they may have put at the end of their file because now they can see if they are engaging with our efforts again. Leads from this alone have paid the cost of the tool.
- Marketo and Oracle Marketing Cloud - Oracle Cross Channel Marketing to Businesses (Eloqua)
Act-On gives me everything I need to be a powerful marketer. I've evaluated Marketo and Eloqua (after having Act-On and told the price doesn't matter) and I could not find a reason to switch. They did not provide me any evidence that they could increase my productivity or help my marketing strategy or reporting.
It is absolutely important to ask what features are included in the standard pricing during selection process. I've compared many systems and I've found that a lot of them have additional prices for features that should be standard in a marketing automation system, for example Sales insight. Another great question is time to implement. Within a month I was running complex programs in Act-On. Larger names sometimes take 6 months or longer to implement and you need a team to run them.