Overall Satisfaction with Bullhorn Applicant Tracking System
How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.
- Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call.
- Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development.
- Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.
- Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product.
- New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page.
- System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.
- After the initial learning curve that your employees can expect, we've definitely seen an increase in efficiency.
- Our touch-points and constant contact with our network has increased; the system provides task and followup reminders and the ability to send mass mailings catered to a target audience.
- Our back-office has experienced quite a bit of downtime and frustration when on-boarding or integrating products from the Bullhorn Marketplace.
Bullhorn was by far the strongest SaaS offering when we began our search in the fall of 2010 - In the selection of Bullhorn, we identified, reviewed and demoed software from 8 product vendors. Their out of the box, vanilla implementation, offered the broadest functionality that covered what we were looking for in an ATS. Bullhorn's look and feel, ease of use and workflow increased the likelihood of adoption by our employee base.
Depending on the current state of your organization, user adoption will more than likely be your biggest hurdle along the way. Take the time to map your company's workflow prior to scheduling product demos with your vendor list. It's best to view Bullhorn as an Applicant Tracking System, it remains their core offering and what they do best. Reporting, time & expense, background checks can be tied into the product, but they leave the heavy lifting to 3rd party vendors which means additional contracts and monthly spend. Also, if your organization has a high turnover rate on the sales and recruiting side, you have to get creative as far as ways to query your database based on past record owner.
Using Bullhorn Applicant Tracking System
We have about 2 years left on our current contract; It would take a major change in the ATS marketplace for us to strongly consider opting out of renewal given the time and effort we have dedicated to building our our Bullhorn system. I will take the time to revisit with some of the competition down the road, but Bullhorn acquired our runner up, MaxHire, about a year back and continues to offer a solid product suite for our current and future needs.