April 07, 2020
Score 2 out of 10
ERP & Financials
- Enterprise Planning
Overall Satisfaction with CMiC Construction Platform
CMiC is being used by the whole company— finances, fieldwork, and project management.
- Manages everything in one system. This is nice so that we have once program instead of multiple.
- Accuracy pulls costs in real time for forecasting budgets.
- Has many functions and can be manipulated to get information we want.
- This is not a user-friendly program. It take a lot of time to learn how to use the program it would be nice if it was a lot easier to pick up
- Constantly having updates that create other issues in the functions that are working. it would be nice it that didn't happen or is support was easier to get a hold of.
- So many clicks! you have to make like 1000+ clicks to get what you want.
- I wish searching was easier instead of having to use the %% in the search.
- I wish change orders were easier to post and un-post. Also, it would be nice if there was one way of doing them instead of 15+. This would make consistency across the company.
- We had to create our own manual and it took hours and hours to create. We also have to constantly update. It would be nice is CMIC had their own manual.
- Sometimes the system just doesn't work and support takes a while to get back to us.
- CMIC isn't user friendly so a lot of training time.
I liked it better when we could email them. Now we have to log into a separate website to access support.
Do you think CMiC Construction Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CMiC Construction Platform's feature set?
Did CMiC Construction Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CMiC Construction Platform go as expected?
Would you buy CMiC Construction Platform again?
A lot of time and effort to get my subcontractor and owner change orders out. I wish it was easier.
This is a powerful program with many features. It would be nice if CMiC could fix the current features before expanding on the next set.
- CMiC has a lot of great features but it really isn’t user friendly. I spend a lot of time training and explaining how to do something to my fellow coworkers. I have learned from trial and error and I wish it was a program that anyone could pick up with ease. CMiC is not an easy program to learn.
- RA Nelson had to write our own manual on how to use CMiC. It seems a little weird that we paid all this money for CMiC and then have to turn around and create our own manual for it. (which has taken a lot of hours might I add)
- Random error message that doesn’t always lead to you being about to figure out what is going on. It would nice if the error message was like (missing XXX file) instead it rarely does that.
- A lot of times the updates fix one problem, then create 5 more other problems.
- I wish we had more support, it seems when I ask support for help I am given to someone with little knowledge and I have to wait a while before I get someone higher up to help.
- There are some features that I wished CMiC did but when I ask programming to add them they ask for more money to create it for me. These are items that would benefit the program, not just RA and I should have to pay for my suggestions to make the program better.
- Overall, CMiC is a powerful tool but I wish it was more user friendly and there where such long hard consequences for making mistakes within the system.