Great file sharing and collaboration toolhttps://www.trustradius.com/cloud-storageDropboxUnspecified8.516581012019-07-10T22:31:29.481Z
July 10, 2019
Great file sharing and collaboration tool
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Dropbox
Dropbox is being used only by the IT department. Dropbox provides solution to sharing files, allowing users to store all of their documents in one easy access location. Dropbox uses a cloud environment, the documents are centrally stored on their servers making it easy to access from virtually anywhere including personal computers and smartphones.
- It has an easy interface even for first timers.
- Easy for users to sync their files across multiple platforms and access files from wherever you are.
- With Dropbox you can edit documents online, making it easy to edit documents and files on the go.
- Sometimes the download, upload, or synchronization with Dropbox can be a bit slow. You got to wait some minutes for files to appear.
- If you have a large amount of data, their search engine is not powerful enough.
- It lacks in folder security as you are not allowed to lock folders.
Dropbox is really useful, you can access any file from anywhere and you can upload and even edit files online, but, sometimes it can be slow. Downloading, uploading, and syncing is a bit slow, it can take several minutes. Furthermore, the search engine for large amounts of data can be slow too and it is not powerful.
Dropbox got the context of file sharing and the greater element of team activity, that is what its recent design is all about. It is meant to serve team-first functionality for users. Dropbox is really useful for team collaboration as well.
There are many scenarios that Dropbox is well suited, the main ones are the collaboration of users, sharing files from wherever you are, whenever you need to have a backup of some files, or even when you deleted any file accidentally, with Dropbox you can recover them. Furthermore, you can store any file you want.