August 03, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Get Satisfaction
Get Satisfaction is primarily used by our support team as an additional support avenue for customers to connect with us on but unlike traditional avenues of support where an answer will only help the customer who receives it, a reply on Get Satisfaction has the potential to help our entire user base. It also helps us to pinpoint trends if there's a problem with our product or service and prioritize feature requests.
- Transparency—Get Satisfaction allows us to engage with our customers openly and honestly. Even frustrated or angry customer posts offer an avenue for us to display our business integrity and turn negative experiences into positive ones.
- Moderation—Being able to moderate and organize our community so easily by merging topics into one canonical thread or archiving out of date threads helps to keep our search results relevant and improves the chances that our visitors find the help they need easily.
- Company Visibility—The ability to easily alert any company employee of topics that might be interesting to them helps to improve the overall visibility of our customers. It also makes it easier to spot trends and encourage quick action if many people comment on one topic with the same problem.
- We manage multiple communities as we offer our product in several different languages so a key feature for us was the ability to move topics between communities. This feature was removed for an extended period after a release which had a big impact on our ease of use. While their support team was willing to move topics for us using their back-end, it meant posting to their forum and waiting on their action each time we needed to do this. It was a frustrating experience but was ultimately resolved to our satisfaction when the feature was re-enabled.
- Improved self-support. Many customers are able to find answers to their questions without even posting to our community
- Excellent peer support. Our customers excel at helping each other. We are lucky to have community members who are experts at our product and many of them are generous with their time and assist newcomers before our community managers are able to!
We are committed to our community and would not want to lose the history of our support or risk ending the ongoing open communication we have with our customers.
Companies that are not willing to be open with their customers will not thrive with Get Satisfaction as it is meant as a tool to facilitate honest conversations between customers and companies. For example, one company I used Get Satisfaction with had a thriving and engaged community however due to a new partnership that had to remain secret, we put the majority of our focus on a project that could not be announced for close to a year. Because we shifted direction but were unable to explain our reasons to our community, they felt abandoned and angry. If you know that you may not be able to maintain an open and transparent conversation with your customers for whatever reason, Get Satisfaction may not suit your long term needs.