Overall Satisfaction with Jira Service Desk
JIRA Service Desk is intended to be used in my organization as the main Help Desk Ticketing tool. During the process of implementation we faced some issues mainly because some specific functionalities were not developed yet or because in JIRA Cloud they are restricted. For example:
- Not Developed yet: When doing a query with the "contain ~ operator", you cannot filter by "email address" (e.g. I need to know how many tickets have been received from users with specific email address). I had to find a workaround to this issue.
- Restricted in JIRA Cloud: When in the Requests Types, you are not allowed to create two fields of the same type.
- The main strength of JIRA Service Desk is that it is really straightforward for the customers to use it to create and review the status of the tickets they raise.
- It also facilitates the communication between client and the support team.
- JIRA Workflows allows the IT Staff to easily check the and control the status of the business process.
- Although JQL is a JIRA specific query language tool it is really easy to work with it.
- JQL doesn't allow some types of queries related to specific operators (contain operator (~) doesn't allow to query an email address)
- Better customer service, as the clients see their needs reflected in the tool implemented.
- Decreased issue-resolution times dramatically. Better times to resolved achieved.
- Keeps the Support Team constantly on top of the status of every ticket resolved or in process.