Overall Satisfaction with Leanplum
Leanplum has been utilized by my client for both transactional & marketing push notifications & messaging. A problem the client had was correlating push activity with engagement & customer KPIs. Leanplum offers advanced analysis that allows users to correlate many different metrics & formulas to specific or multiple push events. Additionally, Leanplum offers advanced segmentation capabilities that many similar services did not offer at the time of evaluation.
- Leanplum handles user data & segmentation very well. There are many different system & custom fields you can segment on. The field type & segment local operator support is really advanced, allowing you to slice your lists or data any way you want.
- Out of the box, Leanplum provides many types of analysis to understand how events affect customer interaction with your product. If you fully integrate with the SDK and send detailed interaction & product purchase events, Leanplum can give you great user & financial insights.
- Leanplum's campaign setup process is intuitive and powerful. Setting up the segments and schedule is very easy. The A/B testing capabilities are also very powerful and the split test analysis view is very helpful.
- At the time of setup, the developer documentation was somewhat sparse. Especially when dealing with migrating tokens from a different vendor, we had to spend some time with our Account Manager & tech support figuring out the best way to integrate.
- Their sync API isn't quite as robust as other B2B vendors. The connection drops out or gives odd responses occasionally. It's important to have sync code in your backend that can handle these kinds of errors robustly.
- Their email functionality is a comparable even to a tool like MailChimp.
- Leanplum has helped a client improve their visibility & ROI on push campaigns.
- It had a lot of built in reports out of the box, so the client had to spend very little on building out additional reporting or using a reporting tool to understand the data.
- When we switched vendors, Leanplum offered a similar pricing contract as the previous vendor with many more features. After using it for over a year, I feel that Leanplum was a much better value than the previous vendor's contract.
I felt that Leanplum had the best value & KPI/revenue reporting out of the competitors we tested. They also had very strong segmentation capabilities, which the client has utilized and found very useful. Overall, it was a big improvement operationally over Urban Airship, the client's previous push notification service provider.
I think Leanplum is great for any company that needs to use push notification to drive revenue or KPI growth. I often find that it can be very costly to integrate analytics solutions & also build good reporting from the data. Leanplum provides a lot of great analytics & reporting right out of the box, especially around push events. This makes it much easier for the managing marketing user to optimize campaigns and increase their team & company's KPIs.