Overall Satisfaction with Marketo Marketing Automation
We use this tool to track all marketing programs from leads gained to budget spent. We also use the calendar to stay organized and plan ahead. Our marketing team is the only functional group that uses this tool, but as we continue, sales will start to use it as well. It solves everything. It allows us to segment our database and even clean our CRM system from the marketing automation side. We are also able to expedite getting prospects to sales and can even define custom lead routing prior to the records going into our CRM.
- Email marketing to any audience. With easy to use editor and UI.
- Lead management and database insight. This tool allows us to isolate bad data segments and correct them.
- Reporting. We use MKTO to calculate ROI for marketing spend in addition to opportunity influence for all programs.
- No limits. MKTO has a slogan "There is a Marketo for that". When they say that, they are not lying. There are literally endless possibilities with this tool. Extremely easy to customize.
- Program Success. MKTO allows us to track which programs bring us the most names in addition to the most spen. Helps us spend smarter.
- Not out of box.... This is not your standard MailChimp or Constant Contact solution. You need to have a good idea of your data and how you want to manage it. There is a decent amount of setup involve to get this tool running smoothly.
- Complexity... Because it is so customizable and running real-time (triggers), you always need to be careful and aware of other campaigns you have built.
- Learning Curve... Takes a little while to get comfortable (roughly 6 months). But as an enterprise Marketing Automation tool, that is expected.
- Better notifications to sales related to new records, record updates, and lead aging alerts.
- Smarter Marketing spending. We spend money very differently now then we did prior to having this tool.
- Accountability. Gives clear insight to executives related to campaigns and event status.
- Pardot Marketing Automation,MailChimp,Constant Contact
Marketo is really the marketing automation tool for enterprise business. If your company is a serious business, you'll chose this offering compared to the others every time. I have never met users of Marketo that have gone to another tool and liked it. Nearly all always complain about how restricting these other tools are. Marketo really just does anything and everything you ever need it to.
250,000 to 1 million
Company size and desire to scale are key. This tool is not for small or medium businesses in most cases. It is built for enterprise use. How much are the prospects interested in truly automating their marketing processes? If they want custom data management and need lots of room to grow, this tool is definitely the right choice.